Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic, Bali
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 13:59 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 04:25
urgh...that's awful to lose 64 in the 3rd. Very gutted for Danka. :roll: Well at least she won consecutive matches. I had a really good feeling about this tournament and was really excited for a Danka vs Schynder final. I guess i was wrong.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 14:02 

Local Time:
Very disappointing. Not just her loss. The way she played was very bad. I'm not a fan of paszek, i don't think she's very talented (Cornet, Wozniacki, Szavay, Azarenka are much better in my opinion). She has nothing spectacular in her game. I can't stand paszek's on-court attitude. I hate this "common" everytime.

Danka also didn't play tactically. She played often on Tamira's BH, which is obviously her better shot. She served very poorly and made a lot of mistakes. Her forehand was very weak these days. Today, she played like a club player. I think that's the worst performance i ever saw from Danka. Really. I'm not sure if it was a good idea to play this tournament. Sure, she won 2 matches, but then she lost a match in a terrible way. That stupid injury destroyed her whole season.

Today i really thought Danka's just not made (anymore) for tennis.

I'll be rooting for Patty in the Final. She deserves this Title much more.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Last edited by Radwanska on 13. September 2008 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

media master
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 14:03 

Local Time:
daniela :(

don't know what to say :(
missed chance for another title
on the other hand ,she's still far from her best form, it would have been difficult in the final
i hope she keeps improving next weeks

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 14:05 

Local Time:
I think it was a very good tournament for her to play. Sure she lost in a not so beautiful match, but these are the kind of matches she has to go through before she'll get her level back up. This kind of match might as well had happened in another tournament.
She got 2 wins here and lost in a close 3-set battle. She got a lot of match practice. Let's just be happy about that.

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 14:12 

Local Time:
My broadband stops working at 4-4 in the 3rd set and when it finally comes back on, I find that the match is over. Obviously Dani has a long way to go to get back to how she was earlier this year. I'm not too upset...I don't expect much from Dani for the rest of the year. I just hope she improves.

Bless Dani's mum and coaches for having the strength to sit through matches like this, Aus 08 and Wimbledon 07. However Daniela needs all the support she can get

Daniela: Dinara: Dominika: Marat: Simone

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 14:12 

Local Time:
I think it was a very good tournament for her to play. Sure she lost in a not so beautiful match, but these are the kind of matches she has to go through before she'll get her level back up. This kind of match might as well had happened in another tournament.
She got 2 wins here and lost in a close 3-set battle. She got a lot of match practice. Let's just be happy about that.

I'm not sure if Danka will ever reach her best again. Her peformance today was just awful and poorly. She won't have many chances to do well in the next months, every tournament including Tokyo next week have very strong entry lists. And i just don't think she will play an AO 2009 like she did in 2008.

Let's just hope for the best.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 14:59 

Local Time:
|17. April 2024| 21:25
Well, this is very disappointing. Because of the time difference, I didn't get a chance to see the match but it reads as if she played quite poorly and missed a good opportunity. Paszek is not a bad player, but rarely are you going to face a weaker opponent in the semifinals of a tournament, so she missed a great chance here. I'll go back to what I said after the first round loss at the US Open, she still has a long way to go to get back to anything close to her top form. Each tournament that goes by where that doesn't happen reduces the chances that it ever will happen. When her ranking starts to drop, the draws will get tougher and she'll have a much tougher hole to climb out of. It's pretty imperative for her to get things turned out post haste.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 15:08 

Local Time:
Ok another bad match, but many top players had difficult times. And at the moment there is a good example that you can get back. I think of Elena Dementieva. After reaching GS finals, she totally lost her game, but this year is back again, and also had the chance to get number 1.

Also Daniela will come back, maybe stronger than ever, but it will take time.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 15:13 

Local Time:
I think the person I saw today is Daniela back in 2004-2005, her worst time. I don't remember the last time when I watched her playing that bad. Even the last match I watched against Ai was much better. I can't understand that. Do pple practice to get better? I guess it is not the case for Daniela. It is just getting worse and worse.

If she keeps playing like this next week, I am afraid we will see a first round exit. The entry list is very strong.

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 15:23 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 11:25
Its disappointing the way Daniela lost this match, it wasnt like Pazsek played superbly well...it was Daniela's errors period!

Hrdá fanynka Daniely Hantuchovej

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 17:22 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 03:25
This is a big disappointment and definitely a feeling of a missed opportunity as this is a match that Daniela should have won and it's a match she lost, rather than Paszek winning. Daniela didn't play well and that's why she lost.

"It was a very close match, she doesn't give up, she played tough all the way through," said Daniela.
"Overall I'm happy with how I played. I have some things to improve and I missed a lot of easy balls at the end."

It's disappointing the lost today, but at the same time, we can take positives from this tournament: Daniela got consecutive wins for the first time since Indian Wells, she got some matches under her belt, she showed her desire and fighting spirit and her match fitness is improving.
She has got good coaches and a good team to help her and she's been in far worse slumps in the past and come out of them, so I have total confidence in Daniela, her talent and her character. We've got to be patient but patience will be rewarded.

Daniela's got a lot of points to defend between now and the Australian Open and she's not in great form right now, so her ranking is very likely to drop so I'll be happy if she can stay in the top 20. After the Australian Open, she's going to have minimum points to defend but so many to gain, so she'll have so many opportunities to go up the rankings.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

media master
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 18:26 

Local Time:
I think the person I saw today is Daniela back in 2004-2005, her worst time. I don't remember the last time when I watched her playing that bad. Even the last match I watched against Ai was much better. I can't understand that. Do pple practice to get better? I guess it is not the case for Daniela. It is just getting worse and worse.

If she keeps playing like this next week, I am afraid we will see a first round exit. The entry list is very strong.

Why you all hate 2005 ? :shock:

i wonder if most of you already followwed daniela around that time ? i have the feeling the answer is no
2005 was great after all that misery, even better then 2006 wich was a rollercoaster year (good slams except US Open and good indoor season) :)
it was a great season , 10 times quarterfinalist or better , 2 grand slams doubles, 2 other doubles titles, back in the top 15
a year earlier she was out of the top 50 , she also won the hopman cup

the bad period was from clay season 03 till the end of 2004

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 18:32 

Local Time:
agree.
I love watching the 2005 Australian Open (even though she lost to Dementieva in the 3rd round) then a good display in Tokyo and QF and SF in Doha/Dubai. I can really recommend that you watch matches from these tournaments.

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 13. September 2008 19:02 

Local Time:
agree.
I love watching the 2005 Australian Open (even though she lost to Dementieva in the 3rd round) then a good display in Tokyo and QF and SF in Doha/Dubai. I can really recommend that you watch matches from these tournaments.

she found her fighting spirit back in those days vs Dementieva and vs Maleeva in the tournaments you mentioned. She was 0-3 behind in the final set and won 6 games in a row then , i remember that match very well cause i just bought my digital box with all the tennis channels , it was my first match (apart from eurosport and local tv station) i saw on that one :)

ever her lost semi vs sharapova in Doha was great but the noisy one was just to good that day.
close battle with sveta in Tokyo two tiebreaks...
it was the start of the new Daniela, still not the same as last year , that started during the indoor season of 2006

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. September 2008 07:50 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 11:25
Its disappointing the way Daniela lost this match, it wasnt like Pazsek played superbly well...it was Daniela's errors period!

i think you're right..i watch it live at espn sports. lots of UE and DF..
even if you heard that it's Danka vs. Paszek, you'll think the Danka will win..
Paszek was not that good...it was danka who has lts of errors..

Lets just hope that she win more match...

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next