Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

media master
 Post subject: Re: US Open, New York
PostPosted: 31. August 2008 17:44 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 13:10
Groenefeld beat Cornet in straight sets. That shows how the rankings can be deceiving and that Daniela lost to no scrub.

you can't get enough of it do ya :D
yes martin you were right ;)

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 31. August 2008 17:46 

Local Time:
you can't get enough of it do ya :D
You know me well. :lol: ;)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2008 17:57 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 06:10
Groenefeld beat Cornet in straight sets. That shows how the rankings can be deceiving and that Daniela lost to no scrub.

Groenefeld's good play here doesn't really prove she's anything great, let's see if she does it over a period of time. This could just be a two week fluke like what Zheng and Tanasugarn did on grass.
She led 5-0 in the second before falling to 5-5 and winning 7-5. That shows how Daniela could have won, because Groenefeld will have a high likelihood of choking when the pressure is on. Any player who went from 15 in the world to outside the top 150 has, or at least had, major mental problems, of course. Had Daniela gone ahead at any point in that match, I suspect she would have won. It's also interesting to note that Groenefeld won only like 40% of points on first serve against Cornet but 96% (!) against Daniela.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2008 18:10 

Local Time:
Vera Zvonareva did the blog this week at WTAtour.com. Here are her impressions of the match against Daniela and Lindsay:

"Well, today I played my last match of this US Open. Elena and I lost to Lindsay and Daniela in our second doubles match. I don't think either team played its best tennis but they did really well on the important points. We had leads in quite a few of the games we lost, we had a hard time converting on them though. They were too good."

Site Admin
PostPosted: 31. August 2008 18:16 

Local Time:
Groenefeld has been improving every week lately, so this is just a logical outcome of her consistent improvement. That‘s why I wouldn't say it's only a lucky week. Her problems were largely due to her becoming overweight and having serious problems with her former coach De Mora.

Thanks for the blog.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. September 2008 02:16 

Local Time:
It's as if all the players who beat Daniela were reborn. Vakulenko last year (she hadn't won a match for a very long time) and Groenefeld this year.

Daniela and Lindsay play today the third match on Grandstand against Srebotnik and Sugiyama.

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2008 09:31 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 12:10
Its a double edged sword when the person that beats Daniela goes on a good run. It makes your feel that the defeat wasnt so bad if the person who beat her as beat some other top players, but then it makes you think what Daniela could of done if she would of got past her. But fair play to Groenefeld for building on that win and going on a decent run.

As for the doubles, good win against a seeded pair in Vesnina and Zvonareva but it will be another step up in todays match up againt Sugi and Srebotnik who are a very good team, I hope for a close match and hopefully another couple of days of Daniela on court which is much needed, even if it is just in doubles

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2008 14:08 

Local Time:

Groenefeld's good play here doesn't really prove she's anything great, let's see if she does it over a period of time. This could just be a two week fluke like what Zheng and Tanasugarn did on grass.

I don't think Zheng's run at Wimbledon was a fluke at all, and Tanasugarn's certainly wasn't since she had won an event the week before and beaten Safina in the final.

Just to mention Bartoli... she was in serious trouble yesterday in her match against Bammer. Before the first set was over she looked close to fainting and trainers had to come on to test her blood pressure etc. She carried on and won the second set 6-0 but eventually lost the match in the final set. Most commentators believe that it was due to her weight and that she is not as fit as she should be. I would have to agree with them.
In her defence there is a 'bug' going around the locker room so maybe that had something to do with it... (probably not though lol).

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. September 2008 16:51 

Local Time:
For me, it doesn't make the situation any better when the player Daniela lost to keep playing well. I mean, you are a better player, at least on the ranking, so you need to prove that. It isn't an excuse when you keep saying your opponent played so good. I mean, what would happen when at all the tournaments you enter, all your lower-ranked opponents play so good. What you need to do is to focus on yourself, not what the others do. I have been saying so many times, that it is for me not important that Daniela lost but how she lost is important. If she could learn from her mistakes to get better or not??
I have seen a bit the match between Daniela and ALG. It was true, that ALG played really well, but not so well that Daniela lost with such a score. To be honest, I must say Daniela helped ALG a lot in that match by making a lot of UEs which she shouldn't do. I really don't know if her coach has found some way to improve that. Daniela definitely has the game to go far, but just those stupid UEs stop her all the time and it is getting really annoying.

About Marion yesterday, I did see that match. She looked as if she could be fainted any time in the third set, lol. She really need to loose weight. Does anyone notice, that Marion has changed her way of serving for several tournaments. It looks just ridiculous, lol. Sorry the fans of Marion here, I didn't mean any bad but it is just so funny.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2008 16:57 

Local Time:

[color=#004080][b]I don't think Zheng's run at Wimbledon was a fluke at all, and Tanasugarn's certainly wasn't since she had won an event the week before and beaten Safina in the final.

By fluke I don't mean to take anything away from what they did during those tournaments. Rather I mean that just because the played like a top player for a couple of tournaments doesn't mean they suddenly became one going forward. For instance, when Daniela beat Sveta 7-6, 6-0 at the YEC last year, she played tremendous and definitely deserved to win. But it was a "fluke" in the sense that we wouldn't expect her to suddenly start playing like that every match.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2008 18:47 

Local Time:
Safina bt Gronefeld 75 60

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2008 19:19 

Local Time:
About Marion yesterday, I did see that match. She looked as if she could be fainted any time in the third set, lol. She really need to loose weight. Does anyone notice, that Marion has changed her way of serving for several tournaments. It looks just ridiculous, lol. Sorry the fans of Marion here, I didn't mean any bad but it is just so funny.

Yes its constantly changed this year. Competely different to how it was during Wimbledon 2007 when she reached the final too.
I think its good that her and her father have got her into professional tennis without much help from the French Tennis Association but I think some of the coaching tips are not that great. And I think if she had been more involved with the Association they would have made her become alot fitter. I heard that her Father quite likes her additional 'weight' because he believes that it provides her with more power. Again, i'm not too sure about this; Venus Williams and Elena Dementieva have plenty of power and there not 'packing' extra pounds.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. September 2008 21:20 

Local Time:
They lost the math already. Although I would say, if they played a lit bit more "seriously", they could have big chance to go through. Anyway, Ai and Kata were clearly the better team today. Daniela and Lindsay seemed to have a lot of fun though, they are all smiles after the match.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 3. September 2008 11:13 

Local Time:
Wow I didn't expect them to go that far in doubles. Good job.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. September 2008 14:12 

Local Time:
Here at the "us open" the first round match up was more than a gimme. It was a match made in heaven, so to speak. And so there was support, albeit late support, but there was no one who could have said this wasnt a winner. When I watch this, I am reminded of video footage of her coach telling her something and Daniela staring off into space, not changing her game. Here we see an obvious case of failing to adapt. Lines of communication are ringing off the hook and there is this need to perpetuate the "nobody home" -- for what? appearances sake? doesnt look cool or is it she just cant find the logic :idea: hello ;) -- Third sets are forgiveness for the last two but one must win a set first. The remaining support is a sympathy support, which hardly does much for the hopeless cause (which is a fiction weve allowed her to create because we love her so). In doubles dont we see the same thing: her partner is playing 110%, while Daniela is throwing away what is a "no-brainer", a "you couldnt loose (if only youd try)". She doesnt suck -- and thats makes is so painful to loose.

Ive said we would see this again, remember? Here it is now, but remember that then there was this thing called initiative. She needs to take the initiative now or get off, whatever the inconvience may be she took into her own hands.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next