Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Olympic Games, Beijing
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 04:52 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 06:39
I still can't get the live streams to work. I re-installed windows and installed the k lite codec pack, and I can play all files in windows media player, but the wmp live streams are just black

Have you tried the link below? It's working for me.

yes, it only works for people in the states

Profile WWW

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 05:20 

Local Time:
Safina just won her first match in ss, so not too long until Danka and Ai can resume their match. Since I still can't get the stupid live stream to work in any browser, I would very much appreciate any comments about the match

edit: got it to work :D
and I might be recording it. Haven't had oppurtunity to check, but I am downloading something. Too bad it wasn't working yesterday

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 06:17 

Local Time:
Daniela won 6-2 7-5 :)

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 06:29 

Local Time:
Daniela wasted the first two match points with stupid UEs and the third one she netted it. At that moment she looked a bit mental down but I am glad that she came back strong the next service game. She still needs to improve her consistency because Ai really took advantage of that. Ai stayed calm with long rallies and waited for Daniela to make UEs. But I am pleased with her performance of this match, much better than the last match I saw her played. Congratulations Daniela for the first convinced win after such a long time. Rest well and be ready for the next match.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 06:34 

Local Time:
way too many EUs, however let's see the positive sides of this match
a win is a win - another chance to do better and work on some thingsDaniela has already lost twice to Ai this year, and the second time wasn't a long time ago, and now she won in ss

Profile WWW

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 08:12 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 05:39
:wav:
wohoooo
I'm just happy now, I'll say more when I'm back home from school :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 08:13 

Local Time:
Wohoo congrats Danka!

hellene fan
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 09:27 

Local Time:
great win :D :D
w/ue's 18/50 :?

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 10:04 

Local Time:
great win :D :D
w/ue's 18/50 :?
I wonder how they count ít sometimes. You can understand that Chinese do those mistakes, but quite often it happens in traditional tennis countries like France, UK or USA too. Rather comical.

As for todays match, I am always so nervous during Daniela's matches that I am not able to focus. I simply can't notice as many things as I would do in other matches. Therefore my reports usually suck when compared to others I post on tennisforum. This morning I only saw that Daniela did a great job in her first service game - 2nd point she played she had to go over 2nd serve and we know how Sugiyama dealt with most of Daniela's 2nd serves in Stanford. This time Daniela expected Ai to come in to take the ball early, so she hit the 2nd serve quite hard and deep and won the point. She showed Ai that she is there for business and won't let her win cheap points off her 2nd serve. From that moment Ai never came in again to crush Daniela's 2nd serve, even though they weren't anything special. She looked intimidated. That was a very important factor as Daniela wasn't under pressure when she missed a 1st serve. Sugiyama even had problems to deal with the rotation of Daniela's 2nd serves.
Daniela wouldn't do without some difficult shots in her matches, that I learned a long time ago. After several crosscourt shots she just can't change the direction and go dtl, that's a very tough shot to execute. I wish she refrained from doing it completely. From 4 shots she misses 3.
Returns were again rather inconsistent for my liking - either out or short, but overall looked much better than in Stanford and she didn't as many returns of 2nd serve, which is good. I expect Daniela to improve them with every match.
That's all I managed to catch from the match. It's not much, but as stated above I was very nervous.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 10:37 

Local Time:
Daniela won, so that's great. Maybe she could have won more easily than she did but considering that she'd had very tough losses to Ai this year and has been out for so long, it's churlish to complain too much about a straight sets win. This is her best win since she beat Mirza in Indian Wells and she overcame a nemesis. It's got to give Daniela a lot of confidence as she played so well yesterday and was able to get the win today.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 10:47 

Local Time:
Order of play : .

Thanks. Why isn't she (and the others whose matches are in progress) first up?
It's always like that, even in the other tournaments. I think all those players waited late enough yesterday, hoping the rain would stop. So it's logical if they weren't the first ones to begin today.

Daniela wasted the first two match points with stupid UEs and the third one she netted it. At that moment she looked a bit mental down but I am glad that she came back strong the next service game. She still needs to improve her consistency because Ai really took advantage of that. Ai stayed calm with long rallies and waited for Daniela to make UEs. But I am pleased with her performance of this match, much better than the last match I saw her played. Congratulations Daniela for the first convinced win after such a long time. Rest well and be ready for the next match.
When I saw Daniela wasting her two match points at 5-3, 40-15, I said "not again, please, Daniela". And another match point wasted in the following game... Besides, I wanted to go back to bed, so I didn't want a third set. :lol: I had woke up just for the beginning af the match (well, from 3-0 in the second set), I didn't calculate that, and I didn't think they would show the match on French TV ( :shock: ).
The last game was very stressing too. :? Ai was leading 40-0. She had several other opportunities to tie 6-6. But Daniela always came back to deuce. And she finally won. I could go back to bed. :D
Well, Daniela's level was not fantastic, but I think she played better yesterday. She was again mentally a little fragile. The ball bounce seems to suit her game. Let's wait and see now. ;)

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 16:50 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 23:39
Daniela plays Wozniacki as the first match on court three at 10:30 local time tomorrow. Then, she and Janette will play their first doubles match as the last match on court one. I cannot believe how late they are playing. It's almost midnight in Beijing and there are still several matches going on. Looks like Daniela has a long day ahead of her tomorrow.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 16:58 

Local Time:
so no live stream tomorrow, damn. I wish they were put on a camera court, then it would have been shown here on TV.

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 19:11 

Local Time:
Although the performance wasn't perfect (too much UEs), a win against Ai in straight sets, is more than I expected before the tournament.

Let's hope she can improve during the match against Wozniaki and reach the 3rd round.

Good luck.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 11. August 2008 19:30 

Local Time:
Daniela plays Wozniacki as the first match on court three at 10:30 local time tomorrow. Then, she and Janette will play their first doubles match as the last match on court one. I cannot believe how late they are playing. It's almost midnight in Beijing and there are still several matches going on. Looks like Daniela has a long day ahead of her tomorrow.

the time is ok, I can follow the match before school, but why the hell doesn't she play on a showcourt?!? :evil:

Having only three courts with cameras is really poor for Olympic Tennis!
Just to compare: In the fencing hall there are five courts with cameras!

Furthermore there isn't a point-by-point scoreboard (as I know) which makes following the match extremely boring..

:?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next