Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Hashimoto Sogyo Japan Women's Open Tennis, Tokyo
PostPosted: 12. September 2016 15:14 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:34
This is disappointing as Sema is someone that Daniela would have vaporised in her prime. She thrashed Jennifer Brady, the easily the highest ranked player that she played but she gets beaten by someone ranked outside the top 350 and who is very unlikely to do much in the tournament. At the same time Daniela did have two good wins
I wonder how much fatigue played a part as yet again Daniela lost after losing the first set. She actually saved 6 set points to get back from 2-5 down to 4-5 but Sema served it out and in the third set Daniela was under constant pressure as she just could do anything on serve she only won 40% of her 1st serve points and 41% of her 2nd serve points and she was broken 3 games out of 4. Sema got a lot of 1st serves in winning 68% but she was only 1/6 on second serve.

At this stage in her career, Daniela's playing for fun and she had two wins here which isn't too bad and hopefully doubles can bring some luck and she can have a run there. We'll see if Riske is a one-and-done partner or if this leads to something more permanent.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2016 17:12 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:34
Between sets 2 & 3 there was a 10 minute delay. I will probably not ever learn the reason. What I do know is that Sena won 12 of the first 13 points to go up love-3, and neither player had a run even remotely approaching that at any other point in the contest. Ergo, if Daniela doesn't end up playing doubles, the reason for the 10 minute delay will become sadly crystal clear.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2016 17:19 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is first on Court 3, 11 am start.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2016 17:38 

Local Time:
If my speculation is incorrect and if it stops raining on Tokjo, Daniela will play doubles later today. It would be on court 3, first match scheduled, play starts soon after 11 AM Japan time. (That's 10 PM in New York, perfect for me.)
The loss to Sena is the kind that used to be devastating. Yet it was an old fashioned, roller coaster Danielathon, with twists and turns galore, and our gal battling and scratching and clawing when clearly the only weapons she had were her heart and spirit. Truthfully, had Dani pulled it out, there would have been tears of joy trickling down my face. In these dwindling days of this wonderful woman's tennis career, the feelings when she plays are so different than before.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. September 2016 04:50 

Local Time:
:!: :!: :!: :beer: :beer: :!: :!: :!:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. September 2016 05:46 

Local Time:
On June 30 of last year at Wimbledon, Daniela and Sam Stosur won their first round doubles over Husarova and Kania, 6-1 7-5. That was over 14 months ago, and exactly 443 days. Since then, she lost 8 consecutive first round doubles matches (3 of them by walkovers), with 8 different partners.
Well, the ninth time was the charm! (I could add that the ninth partner is an American, but it's too late at night to spark an international incident here in the Forum. :o )
Daniela and Alison fell behind love-2, then broke back and won 3 straight games. From that point, almost every game was a service break, with Alison failing to close the set at 5-4 with 2 DF'S. Again they broke back, and Dani reached back to the past to lock up the set to 15 with 4-5 1st serves in. Down 3-5 in the 2nd, Daniela and Alison had 4 break points and could not cash in.
So it was on to the 10 point supertiebreak. They got the first 2 points and lost the next 3, then it went back and forth to 5-6. Daniela and Alison then went into clutch mode and took the next 5 points to victory. Yaaaaay!
I will wait and see if this combo clicks and stays together for even one more tourney before creating the moniker of DanieAlison.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. September 2016 14:06 

Local Time:
A good win in doubles and it's nice to get one over on McHale. Daniela & Riske next play the Japanese pairing of Hozumi & Kato who beat 2nd seeds Bondarenko & Chuang so they have to be respected but this is a decent chance of a run for Daniela.

Lynette absolutely vaporised Sema 6-1 6-0.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. September 2016 14:07 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is third on Court 3, after Riske's singles match and another doubles match. Play starts at 11 am.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. September 2016 15:27 

Local Time:
A good win in doubles and it's nice to get one over on McHale.

Oh yeah, my dear friend McHale. I was so focused on Daniela getting a doubles win that I overlooked that little piece of satisfaction

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. September 2016 17:58 

Local Time:
No more Riske business with Daniela this week. 6-0 6-4 defeat. First set was as ugly as our gal is beautiful. They lost 12 out of 17 return points. And, they lost 12 of 17 service points! Mercifully this took just 20 minutes.
Before this could be digested, it was 0-3 in the 2nd. Suddenly things kicked in. They got to 2-4, with Dani chiming in with an ace, then had their first break point chance on a deciding point but couldn't get it. (In the two matches, Daniela and Alison lost every deciding point, I think it was 6 of them.)
Alison held her serve for 3-5. The ladies then raced to 40-0 for their first legit break chance and cashed in. Now I dared to get excited, tasting the possibility of a miraculous comeback.
Pfft. Daniela was broken to 15, and it appeared that match point was a double fault. Oh me o me o myo!
At least there was one nice win to savor. London's bookies can begin taking wagers on when, and particularly with whom, Dani will next play doubles. Peace out!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. September 2016 19:47 

Local Time:
Another disappointing loss in a winnable match. If Daniela had been able to hold and get the score at 5-5 then that would really have put pressure on the Japanese who'd had such a big lead disappear. Maybe the effort of getting back in the match left Daniela and Riske a wee bit drained. Riske also played earlier in the day but she had a fairly easy singles win in 65 minutes so she should have been fairly fresh.

Doubles is going to be difficult to plan for in future because Daniela's focused on singles but she has to qualify for everything these days so if she has a good run in doubles then she misses out on qualifying for the next week and that complicates things. I think that could have been a factor in her missing doubles in Miami.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2