Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 20. May 2016 14:14 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:20
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) beat.Jennifer Brady (USA) 7-6(2), 6-4

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. May 2016 16:14 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:20
So delighted about this...would have really sucked if she wasn't in the main draw...seemed like really tough battle.

Any win from now is a real bonus...we'll have to wait and see where she falls in the draw...some tough seeded players there...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. May 2016 16:51 

Local Time:
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: This was Daniela's toughest win of the week but it was her best as she had to keep fighting all the way. She had to comeback from 5-3 down in the first set and save a BP at 5-5 in the first before she won the tiebreak easily enough. The second set was close too as it started with an exchange of breaks before Daniela got the decisive break in the seventh game before she served it out for the win. This is absolutely fantastic.

We'll see who Daniela gets in the main draw, quite a lot are tough opponents although some are winnable matches, but Daniela's there so we can all enjoy it.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. May 2016 17:46 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:20
Even half asleep and getting live scores off a Kindle, I could feel how ferocious a battle this was. It could easily have went the other way. For Dani to care THIS much at this stage of her career and battle through it says far more about her than any pearls of wisdom I can come up with. Now she gets a couple of days off before the main draw. With some luck in who she gets early on.....can anyone say Daniela the dangerous floater? :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. May 2016 17:47 

Local Time:
Daniela's got Mirjana Lucic-Baroni in the first round which is a reasonable enough draw. The winner plays either Ostapenko or Osaka.

She's in the bottom half of the draw so she'll play on Sunday or Monday.

Lucic-Baroni thrashed Mladenovic to get to the Strasbourg final so she's in form right now. Hopefully she's used up all her good tennis in Strasbourg although Lucic-Baroni is playing very well right now. It depends whether she keeps her momentum or she's tired and has a let down at Roland Garros.
It means that Daniela will almost certainly play on Monday.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2016 12:18 

Local Time:
Yes I expect Daniela will play Monday...Lucic is going to be very tough but right now am just enjoying seeing Daniela's name in the draw...:)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2016 18:14 

Local Time:
Daniela will play on Monday as she's not on tomorrow's schedule.

Lucic-Baroni lost the Strasbourg final 6-4 6-1 to Garcia and Garcia was 5-1 up in the first set. We'll see what sort of effect that has on Lucic-Baroni but she should still have momentum from Strasbourg.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2016 18:17 

Local Time:
Daniela's the second match on Court 10 tomorrow after a men's match, 11 am start.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2016 15:39 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:20
NTG. Dani went down 6-1 6-2 in 58 minutes. There were a few bright moments, not anywhere near enough. Caught the wrong opponent.

Daniela is not in the doubles.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2016 15:57 

Local Time:
I only saw the last few games of the match but if the whole match was like the end then it seems like it was a brutal beatdown. Lucic-Baroni was hitting harder and forced Daniela back and was able to blast winners past Daniela or force her into errors. Once Lucic-Baroni was able to get Daniela on the move she's win the point as she'd get Daniela wide then hit a winner cross court and Daniela just looked slow.

Lucic-Baroni is in form at the moment as she got to the final of Strasbourg and she also beat Halep here last year but I really expected Daniela to be more competitive than she was. She can beat players outside the top 100 but she can't deal with the power that top 100 players have.

Daniela got through qualifying so that's good, she had some wins here. It still feels bad when Daniela gets hammered.

She's not playing doubles so that's Roland Garros over.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2016 16:06 

Local Time:
The stark difference between qualifying opponents and main draw players was made brutally clear. Daniela had no answer to Lucic's venomous groundstrokes. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2016 16:45 

Local Time:
In both Australia and French Open Daniela drew players that had just either won a tournament or reached the final the week before.

Lucic is a brainless ball basher and she was on fire...Daniela was never allowed in the rallies. She drew a really tough first opponent.

Hopefully Daniela will enter both 50K grass tourneys at Surbiton and Eastbourne and will take heart from the fact that she qualified.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2016 19:16 

Local Time:
Hantuchova admitted that Lucic-Baroniová was on the court better toys. "I knew it would be a difficult match, aug I looked when they played the final in Strasbourg. There is in the form of hat off to what to me demonstrated. All it fell and was based. I played well in qualifying, playful I was enjoying I tournament hopes were before the first round, but Lucic has rapidly established itself, played a risky and based her. I'm not disappointed, I did not expect was the skills to fight your way to the main event. I appreciated that I be in Paris, I enjoyed the championship more than ever. that aug played better, that's part of tennis, " he quoted the words of former world number fives official website Slovak tennis Association.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2016 15:31 

Local Time:
Of course Lucic loses easily to Osaka hitting over 30 unforced errors....

Typical tennis shit

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2