Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group II 1st Round, Slovakia vs Australia
PostPosted: 7. February 2016 19:54 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:15
Stosur beat Slovakia 3-2. Australia played very well in the doubles and they dictated most of the rallies plus their net play was good. Daniela had some nice winners and Cepelova did well too but Australia were just too good. The third game of the third set that went to all these deuces was so crucial if Daniela had held it could really have given Slovakia momentum. Slovakia did break in the next game from 3 GPs down but they couldn't maintain the momentum and Australia won the remaining games easily enough.
Things could have been different in the tie if Schmiedlova had won the first set against Stosur when she was 5-1 40-15 up. If Schmiedlova had won that match then Slovakia would almost certainly have won the tie as Cibulkova was going to beat whoever she played.

Daniela's doing an on court interview but we can't hear her as the PA is belting out Ellie Goulding. Cepelova's speaking now and we can't hear her either or the questions, must be a problem with the mics.

Mics not working for the Australians either and they're all grinning away like Cheshire cats on prozac.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. February 2016 20:03 

Local Time:
Daniela looked philosophical about things during the on court interview, Alex, Cepelova looked more upset. Daniela was the highest ranked Slovakian doubles player at 90 while three of the Australians were ranked higher than her so Australian were always favourites in the doubles and Stosur has such a dominating record against the Slovaks in singles, that was one of the reasons why Cepelova played against her in singles.

The crowd cheered whenever Slovakia won a point and were silent whenever Australia did. One of the Australians kept on playing a bugle. At least the OZ Fanatics weren't there so we can be grateful for small mercies.

Čepelová admitted that Stosur with Dellacqua were chew.

"Daniela and we played together doubles for the first time. We fought, but the quality grueling it was not enough. In the second and third set we Australian girl just did not. I am disappointed now with it but nothing no wrong. It happened and we play to maintain the II . global group. "

Hantuchova praised the audience. "The spectators were great and continually drove us forward. Too bad that we missed the start of the second set. If we were caught there, it could evolve differently. If the captain gives me confidence in the Council will help the team and in the promotion round."

Schmiedlova annoyed stillborn ending the first set.

"I led 5: 1 and 40:15, but a great chance to win the first set, I did not use. Even me will repent very long time. It was a very good match. I felt on the court much better than on Saturday against Rodionova, well I administered. at the beginning of the first set I played incredibly. too bad that every time I led, I stopped playing aggressively. Stosur played at decisive moments very well. She confirmed that this is a great player. Even with such quality aug am not occurred balanced party, which is a positive signal. I need to be a little more confident more, " said Milan coach Zverenky Martinca.

"Get the score 1: 2 against young players who have nothing to lose, is not easy, I managed but it very well. I was right vyhecovaná. Develop upon it pressure, and she usually fourth or fifth ball messed up. I prefer to go play doubles, but with Daniela we have together lost so many Fed Cup matches, the captain now try something new and build Janko, " Cibulkova said.

@ google translate

"Too bad ... We really wanted to win, but it turns out that are in the grueling Deblov much, much more experienced. Not for nothing is in the third position Dellacqua and Stosur were even at the top. It was during the weekend tight, just as well we could win 3: 2, " noted Hantuchova for RTVS.

" Daniela and we played together for the first time, grueling have closer cooperation. In the second and the third set was felt qualitative difference. we fought, but, unfortunately, we eventually on them not. We are disappointed now with it but nothing no wrong, " declared Čepelová. " There was a fantastic atmosphere, spectators helped us get the first set. Too bad we were not able to capture the start of the second. Overall, it appeared that grueling as elsewhere. If we often play together, maybe it soon turns out differently, " said Hantuchova if its future in the Fed Cup added: " When I was captain appeal and I shall be healed, thanks to many help you. "
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. February 2016 20:12 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 01:15
That helps me feel a bit better, Chungwit. The one thing left that I want for Daniela, being a quirky numbers guy, is 5 more wins to reach 550 for her career. Personally, I can't ask for much more because she gave me a thrill of my life at Carlsbad.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2016 18:01 

Local Time:
Seeds announced for Fed Cup by BNP Paribas play-offs

The ITF has announced the seeds for the Draw for the 2016 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group and World Group II play-offs. The Draw will take place on Tuesday 9 February at the ITF offices in London at 12:00 GMT.
The seeds are based on the new ITF Fed Cup Nations Ranking of 8 February.

The four seeded nations in the World Group II play-offs are:
- Serbia (1)
- Canada (2)
- Poland (3)
- Argentina (4)

Each of the seeds will be drawn against one of the following unseeded nations:
- Belgium
- Chinese Taipei
- Slovakia
- Ukraine

Slovakia would be at home to Serbia, Canada and Argentina while the host of the Poland tie will be decided by lot.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2016 18:11 

Local Time:
Slovakia are at home to Canada in the World group II play-off.

In April, home to Canada

Slovak tennis players welcome in the promotion round to participate in the second. Federation Cup World group (16 to 17 April) Canada. Tuesday's ruling on the ticket in the London headquarters of ITF in which Zverenky captain Mateja Lipták figured among nenasadenýmí teams. In addition Kanaďaniek yet to come across Serbia, Poland and Argentina.

Slovaks lost last weekend in Bratislava NTC duel in 1st round II. World Group with Australia 2: 3, just like last year must fight to remain in the second-best eight. Last year with an overview manage rescue work when the NTC outclassed Sweden 4: 0th Slovak team Canada has anything to recover. In 2014, plays to Hardy in Quebec 1: 3 and dropped out of the World Group.

General Secretary Slovak Tennis Association Igor Moskal outcome of the London lottery ticket please. "I wished before drawing lots for us to play at home with Canada or Argentina. I am happy that finally at cost us happiness, not like last weekend, when we did not use even one attempt to beat Samantha Stosur. Canada is an attractive opponent. It will depend by how much it has come compiled and whether they are taken up and the Eugenie Bouchard. even Alexandra Wozniak is a quality player. However, when the onset of the strongest composition and our girls are in good shape, I believe we will win. As for the choice of the surface, consult a captain Maťom Liptak toys. Play but certainly will in the NTC, " he told TASR Mosk.

Canadian troops Bouchard's position in the WTA currently on the 58th place in 2014, however, was world Friday. In the last season has seen a dip in form, they also suffered from injuries. After the match with Slovak woman Dominika Cibulkova at the US Open he was the unlucky slipped in the locker room and suffered a concussion. The season that ended prematurely for her. The next best Canadian singlistka Francoise Abandová is in position to 332. (TASR)

The draw relegation to participate in the second. World Group Fed Cup: Slovakia - Canada, Serbia - Belgium, Poland - Taiwan, Ukraine - Argentina ticket relegation to participate in World Group Fed Cup: Romania - Germany, Australia - USA, Spain - Italy Russia - Belarus

@ google translate

It's a pretty decent draw as Bouchard apart the Canadian players aren't that great and Bouchard's recent form has been fairly moderate. Plus, Slovakia have home field advantage which is a big boost. It's unlikely that Daniela will play singles although she's still the best Slovakian doubles player so she should still be involved. It could be Daniela's last ever Fed Cup tie as this will be the last one before the Olympics and she probably won't be going to Tokyo, plus, the team's going to be built around Schmiedlova and Cibulkova while Tereza Mihalikova, who did so well at the Australian Open juniors, is likely to be coming into the team soon. Daniela could captain Slovakia in the future as Alicia Molik captains Australian and Anastasia Myskina captains Russia.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2016 22:36 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:15
Apparently Daniela has withdraw from Dubai qualifying - is she about to retire????

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2016 00:31 

Local Time:
Daniela's entered Kuala Lumpur at the end of the month, eddy, so that's where we should see her next. I'm sure she'll keep on going until the Olympics at least although she has withdrawn from a lot to tournaments since last summer. I think a lot of it is accumulated wear and tear over the years which is taking a toll on Daniela and she's pacing herself through the year rather than played injured or in pain and exacerbating any problems she has.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2016 20:56 

Local Time:
Slovakia are away to Italy in the World Group II 1st round next February.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2