Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open. Melbourne
PostPosted: 18. January 2016 09:21 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 03:35
Kuznetsova played amazing. Daniela was below par. Her returns were terrible but her serve was really really bad. Sydney was so much better. I guess she tried to change things but it backfired. Nice moment where after Daniela's 8th double fault some lads in the crowd started jeering at Daniela and Kuznetsova told them to shut up and don't upset her. Was nice touch from Kuzzy and Daniela thanked her when they shool hands at the net.

Towards the end if the 2nd set Daniela did hit some nice winners but it was all too late. She looked very lost on court but Kuzzy served lights out...Daniela will be out of the top 100 for the first time in over 16 years...what am amazing stat. But it is going to be very difficult to get back to where she belongs...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2016 11:27 

Local Time:
Sveta 23 W 4 UE
Daniela 9 W 24 UE

It was as ghastly as those stats make out. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2016 13:28 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 02:35
Not the result I wanted to wake up to :( Kuznetsova played really well and she's in great form while Daniela just couldn't compete.

"Of course, I can not be happy after losing in the first round. It was a tough ticket, I came across surplice, which is one of those who are there currently at about top shape. Not only won the tournament in Sydney, but she had something great to do the preparation, because playing unreal. In addition, it is annoying type of tennis player, I do not agree her style, he knows me very well and for nine years I was over it did not win. I will continue to try to train and play until I see that I could succeed in something else. But it is increasingly difficult, "said Hantuchova after the game
@ google translate

Daniela's almost 33 and she's still playing and just look at all the other players that are retired at Daniela's age. She's still playing, she had three wins last week so she can still do it and she'll keep going for as long as she enjoys it.

Nice moment where after Daniela's 8th double fault some lads in the crowd started jeering at Daniela and Kuznetsova told them to shut up and don't upset her. Was nice touch from Kuzzy and Daniela thanked her when they shool hands at the net.
That shows the respect that Daniela has from her fellow professionals.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2016 16:54 

Local Time:
The end is nigh...Daniela sounds completely deflated...she shouldn't play Fed Cup, instead go an play some tournaments on the ITF circuit and build some confidence.

The end of the day she did beat 3 top 100 players in Sydney...we are just a million miles away from IW 2007 which is very sad to see...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2016 17:39 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 21:35
I had a feeling that Daniela and Svetlana were good friends. That cheered me up to read that.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2016 08:15 

Local Time:
Daniela doubles begin today on Court 7. A women's and men's doubles precede. Play starts a little after 11 AM Melbourne time.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2016 09:54 

Local Time:
Wolfe retires from singles so they may not even play...just great :s

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2016 13:11 

Local Time:
Wolfe retires from singles so they may not even play...just great :s

An emotional Jarmila Wolfe was left to ponder “whether to cry or be angry” after she was forced to withdraw from her opening clash with Latvian qualifier Anastasija Sevastova, succumbing to a mystery back ailment that had her baffled and in tears.

The 28-year-old was finishing up her warm-up on Margaret Court Arena when she felt the shooting pain that eventually left her “barely able to move”.

She played on, losing the first set 6-0 and trailing 4-2 when she made the call to hit the sheds.

“I was fine this morning. I warmed up and my last two serves that I hit, something went through my back – a shooting pain,” Wolfe said.

“I don’t know where from, it just started and I had to stop my practice right there and then. I saw the physios, the doctors, and they tried …. I did whatever I could.

“It got to the point where it got hard for me to move. I don’t know if I should cry or be angry.”

Wolfe said she has never suffered a back injury of that nature before, saying usually when she injures herself, she does it with gusto.

“If I do something, I do it well, so usually I break an ankle or something,” she said.

“I practised yesterday and was fine.

“I was sad to retire. I just didn’t have it in me. It’s your home event, so it’s a bit sad.”

She was set to assess the injury before making a call on whether she will play doubles with close friend Daniela Hantuchova on Wednesday.

It doesn't look too good for Wolfe's chances of doing much in doubles but we'll just see what happens. Wolfe could be better with some treatment and the opponents aren't great but Wolfe is almost certainly going to be below 100%.

The mixed doubles draw is still to come out so Daniela can play in that. She'd be able to find a partner easily enough if she wants to play.

If I'd been before the tournament that Daniela would do as well as Nadal, Halep, Venus Williams and Wozniacki I'd have been quite happy

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2016 04:43 

Local Time:
Maria Sanchez and Stephanie Vogt are on a revised schedule as the opponents for Jurak and Melchor.
Svetlana was whipped in straight sets by Bondarenko.

Chubby Checker: "Limbo lower now, Limbo lower now. How low can we go?"

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2016 13:47 

Local Time:
Wolfe withdrew injured so that ended Daniela's involvement in the doubles before it started. She hasn't entered the mixed doubles so that's her involvement in the tournament over. She may stick around for a bit as she did some media work two years ago so she might do that again.

I got the last couple of game of the Bondarenko-Kuznetsova match and Bondarenko played really well although Kuznetsova didn't play as well she did against Daniela or in Sydney.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. January 2016 13:50 

Local Time:
Kuznet.. plays this 1R like a final, so seems nothing to give after..

Last edited by Peter007 on 21. January 2016 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2016 17:02 

Local Time:
Isn't there an ITF tournament Daniela could enter next week?

Seems like a good option to me...she will be out of top 100.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2016 22:18 

Local Time:
There are ITFs on next week, eddy, the biggest are two $50,000 events in Hawaii and France but they both involve a lot of travelling and Daniela has to pace herself through the year. Daniela's next scheduled tournament is Taiwan next month and she'll have to do well there as virtually all her ranking points have to be defended there. It's such shame that the tournament got moved from Pattaya. I suppose she'll play the Mexican tournaments before Indian Wells and Miami although she may have to play ITFs soon.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. January 2016 06:12 

Local Time:
All right, guys. Which one of you is going to step up and claim responsibility for the curse, no matter how many years ago it was, that you placed on Mr. Sears which led to his sinking spell the other day? 8-)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. January 2016 18:45 

Local Time:
You really shouldn't have mentioned Sears, Alex, because the mere mention of his name produces this Pavlovian reaction of hate and contempt from me but he deserves it because of the way he treated Daniela.

I read a tweet that no one had a bad thing to say about Sears and I knew that tweeter had never been on this site. To quote Dirty Harry about any curse: You know it wasn't me because he looks too damn good.
It was quite upsetting as it seems Sears is going to recover :( maybe next time :twisted:

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next