Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

hellene fan
 Post subject: Re: East West Bank Classic, Los Angeles
PostPosted: 23. July 2008 19:10 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:39
keep your faith,patience and optimism alive
dont turn you down people
same must do danka.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 23. July 2008 19:46 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:39
same must do danka.

George is right. The importance of the Olympics may lift her game. Above all lets keep the faith up and its never over until we hear the fat lady sing. I havn't given up on her and George hasn't but it seems that some of you have and thats before the Olympics have even started. I sence a lot of stroppy looking faces but i say lift your chin because Los Angeles happens every year, the olympics is every four years (I think) and im very confident that Daniela is gonna want to do well. Come on folks keep the faith. If not for yourself then for Daniela.

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. July 2008 20:03 

Local Time:
same must do danka.
George is right. The importance of the Olympics may lift her game. Above all lets keep the faith up and its never over until we hear the fat lady sing. I havn't given up on her and George hasn't but it seems that some of you have and thats before the Olympics have even started. I sence a lot of stroppy looking faces but i say lift your chin because Los Angeles happens every year, the olympics is every four years (I think) and im very confident that Daniela is gonna want to do well. Come on folks keep the faith. If not for yourself then for Daniela.

I am not expecting great things from Daniela at the Olympics, but I do agree that the occasion might inspire her. Perhaps similar to her return at Wimbledon where she managed to get a first round win and put up a fight in round two, most likely because Wimbledon means alot to her. We haven't seen that fight at these US tournaments, but as you say, these events happen every year. I am hoping Daniela will be extra motivated during the Olympics. We'll have to wait and see.

media master
PostPosted: 23. July 2008 20:15 

Local Time:
i do not agree that we gave up, cause if it comes to believing in good results im one of the few who didh't stopped supporting her since the beginning and keep believing she would be back in the top ten and winning titles again. But im just realistic, atm people have to realise that it can take a few weeks, maybe more before she will have great results again. That's normal.

That's completely different then giving up , we are just prepared for tough weeks .

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 23. July 2008 22:15 

Local Time:
Yea i understand. Its just a figure of speach to lift the feeling of people who are dissapointed. I didn't mean anything negative by it :D. It seem some have got a little down on themselfs. You just ephasised my point. Daniela wont get back to the top just like that. Smile everyone. Daniela will be back on form soon ;)

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. July 2008 01:14 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 03:39
Daniela and Flavia (who won in three sets earlier today) are up next against top seeds Chan and Chuang. I don't like their chances, but here's hoping.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. July 2008 01:52 

Local Time:
has the match started already?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. July 2008 02:33 

Local Time:
has the match started already?

They were crushed 6-1 in the first, but lead 2-1* in the second.

Well, they had double break point for 3-1, but couldn't convert and didn't win another game from there. The tournament ends up being a total wash for Daniela. The good news, I guess, is that it cannot possibly get much worse in Montreal.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. July 2008 02:58 

Local Time:
wow, they lost..should i be surprised?? :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. July 2008 03:03 

Local Time:
wow, they lost..should i be surprised?? :(

Not really, their opponents are an accomplished team and Daniela's form is :dunno:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 24. July 2008 07:03 

Local Time:
Why are some people acting like this season is over when we are in the middle of July? Daniela might start playing well at the very next tournament.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 24. July 2008 07:40 

Local Time:
well said martin
montreal thread?

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. July 2008 08:07 

Local Time:
Why are some people acting like this season is over when we are in the middle of July? Daniela might start playing well at the very next tournament.

thanks, martin :)
you cheer me up..

Site Admin
PostPosted: 24. July 2008 09:11 

Local Time:
all I ws saying is that the olympics keep being placed in the wrong year. She might be extra motivated when playing the Olympics but it is always nice to have a lot of confidence too and I doubt she has that right now.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. July 2008 09:30 

Local Time:
Shame about the doubles, but then again they came across a top top team, so not that big of a surprise defeat there

montreal thread?

Done, tournament over for Daniela, onto the next one!

The reason im acting like the season is over is because that I want to hold no expectations for the rest of the year and also it means that if Daniela does produce performances like the ones against Govortsova and Sugiyama then I wont get too disheartened. Im so confident of Daniela finding her form again that I would put money on it (and i dont bet that much, if at all) but for now and for the rest of this season I wont be expecting anything of Daniela and if she loses match after match then so be it, because this season for me is null and void. I still want her to perform her best and win every match she competes in, but if she doesnt then it doesnt matter to me, for this year at least. I want the best for Daniela always but for this season I just want her to see it through, steer clear of injuries and come back fresh and ready for 2009

I would just like to add to that, that this is my own personal opinion, and I dont expect everyone to agree with it, but I just wanted to put my point across. Everyone has a right to their opinion, so Im certainly not saying Martin is wrong, I just have a different view on the matter

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next