Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadow
PostPosted: 31. August 2015 23:15 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:50
Daniela trying to be solid but not executing...Doi has all the answers particularly on her forehand...

Daniela needs to hit more to the Doi backhand come to the net and serve alot better...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2015 23:29 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:50
2nd set

1-0, Daniela holds on her 4th GP.
1-1, Doi holds from 15-40.
1-2, Daniela broken to 15. Doi had a netchord at 15all and Daniela had an ace called out at BP.
1-3, Doi holds from 0-30, wins the game with an ace. Daniela has to hold next game.
2-3, Daniela saves a BP to hold.
2-4, Doi holds to 30.
3-4, Daniela holds on her 3rd GP, was 40-15 to deuce before Daniela won the next 2 points. Crucial hold.
3-5, Doi holds to 15.
3-6, Doi breaks to 15.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2015 00:15 

Local Time:
That was a really poor showing from Daniela. Doi was very solid but didn't need to play exceptionally as most of the points would end in a Daniela error.

A lot of her natural power has gone...I don't really know where Daniela can go from here...especially if she ends the year as badly as this...her current coach isn't helping as she is now playing too passive.

She looked very deflated and it was especially frustrating as she got off to a great start in the match only to be pegged back.

The same happened in the 2nd set where she had two break points in the 2nd game where she could have gone 2-0 up and momentum would have switched.

Daniela is better than this but maybe is the time to think about the future and having a family, working for charity...especially if she isn't able to end this year well.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2015 00:21 

Local Time:
This is depressing. Doi was solid and played well but Daniela just didn't play well at all, she made too many errors and just didn't take her chances. The most worrying thing was that Doi often outhit Daniela in rallies. Even so, Daniela still had chances but just didn't take them. She was 1/7 on BPs in the match while Doi was 4/5 and there were other games where she was 30-0 up or had a GP but lost the game. Doi won 4 games in a row in the 1st set to go 4-1 up but Daniela was 30-0 on serve and should have gone 2-0 up while she had a GP in her next service game while she had 3 Bps in Doi's next service game. She should have been 4-1 up but instead she was 1-4 down. A few points go the other way and the match would have been so different. Like wise Daniela also had chances at the start of the second set but could take them and ended up 1-3 down. It seemed that Daniela just couldn't raise her level or get out of second gear. She was just sluggish and didn't seem to have any power or snap on her shots.

This is the first year that Daniela hasn't won a match in the USA.

I'm pretty sure that Bencic will beat Doi fairly easily in the next round.

I know that Daniela will keep working hard but this has to have been demoralising for her. Poor Daniela, I just want to give her a hug and a shoulder to cry on.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2015 00:22 

Local Time:
The time to get really worried, eddy, is if Daniela gets an air rifle and goes shooting dogs with Ewan McGregor.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2015 00:26 

Local Time:
Sadly,she looks like a boxer who has just taken too many punches. That wasn't the real Daniela out there-just a pale shadow.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2015 01:32 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 04:50
Two slightly good things. First, the match was over in time for me to turn my full attention across the Flushing Meadow parking lots to Citi Field and those first place New York Mets!
Second, Daniela won more games today than in her last two matches combined.

I was going to wait until tomorrow about this, but you guys beat me to it, so here goes. Keeping sentiment aside, here are some cold facts. In the last 59 days since being eliminated at Wimbledon, Dani has played four singles matches. Two, of course, were on consecutive days at Istanbul, where she last won, so it's actually 3 in 58 days. All were straight set losses, by a combined score of 36-11. I have no idea when she'll next play, so it's going to be something like 3 in 80 days. That's a lot of time off. Daniela has spent some of that time in Monte Carlo. It's one thing to miss a lot of time injured 5-10 years ago. Today, Daniela is a 32 year old, mature woman with a plethora of life after tennis options. She's won 20 combined titles, made $10 million, beaten all kinds of exceptional opponents. 3 matches in about 80 days is akin to semi-retirement. Dani is getting a good idea of what post-tennis life is like. She keeps getting hurt. She skipped doubles in a major. She is posting some deep, psychological stuff on Twitter and Facebook. Her ranking is headed below 100.
We don't need to speculate on this, guys. Daniela is already slowly fading out of the sport. A full retirement is hardly imminent. She will continue to play here and there, with Rio in her hopes. But the end game is well underway. Savor every last moment, fellow Daniela rooters.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2015 17:23 

Local Time:
If I'd been told at the start of the tournament that Daniela would do as well as Safarova, Ivanovic, Pliskova, Jankovic and Nishikori, I'd have snapped your hand off.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2015 15:11 

Local Time:
Bench just beat Doi last night after saving 3 MPs. Daniela's loss doesn't feel so bad because Doi's played well this tournament rather than Daniela losing to whoever was on the other side of the net. Bencic-Doi was the most entertaining and dramatic match of the tournament as both players played well, there were so many switches of momentum.
Doi actually hit more winners than Bencic and she played really well for a lot of the match although she did freeze when she had the MPs and during the tiebreak. Mind you, Bencic went into meltdown in the second set after being 5-2 up but errors, Doi's good play and some contentious decisions from the umpire contributed to it but she regrouped just in time, helped by Doi blinking because Doi made errors on the match points.

Watson gave Serena Williams a hell of a match at Wimbledon, Tsurenko went on to win Istanbul, Mladenovic just lost to Halep in Cincinnati and Doi really should have beaten Bencic so the players that have beaten Daniela recently have all been playing very well that tournament and at least gave top players really tough battles in their next match.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2015 15:24 

Local Time:
You know, if I still get excited about Daniela saving a match point or two when she's getting whaled, I suppose whatever big names go out in the first round with her or how the player who beats her fares as the tourney goes on is also something to cling to. Let's hope Dani has one more like that, where she beats someone who's favored in the first round (Diyas in Thailand) and rolls on all the way through. Even so, I still see her career in the midst of wind down mode.

And, as usual, Dani showed her class and how much she cares for the fans by not bolting town
after losing and doing the autograph booth. No losing streak changes who she is and what she's about. :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2015 20:51 

Local Time:
Bencic was absolutely horrid in that match with Doi. An absolute embarrasment to women's tennis with her childish behaviour-she deserved to lose and would have done if Doi hadn't started spraying errors like confetti from MP up.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2015 22:10 

Local Time:
Daniela practised with Jankovic, Pliskova and Muguruza at the weekend and they're all out. Make of that what you will.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2015 16:44 

Local Time:
A Family Court Judge that I appeared in front of many times used to tell troubled youth that they need to make better choices who they hang with, and often said: "If you lie in bed with a baby, you'll probably wake up wet!" I guess Daniela needs to dry off and choose her hitting partners with care.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. September 2015 20:24 

Local Time:
OMG Vinci took Serena down! And Pannetta wiped out Halep. If that doesn't say there's hope for players that are Daniela's age.....keep working hard, young lady.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. September 2015 22:08 

Local Time:
That last game by Vinci was so ridiculously good. Those half-volleys! :beer:

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next