Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadow
PostPosted: 11. September 2015 23:13 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:09
OMG Vinci took Serena down! And Pannetta wiped out Halep. If that doesn't say there's hope for players that are Daniela's age.....keep working hard, young lady. Makes you wonder what they put in pasta these days. We're going to have to live in a world where either Pennetta or Vinci is going to be a slam winner; at the same time, Serena lost so there's that. Steffi Graf probably enjoyed it.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2015 00:07 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:09
Today was a wonderful day! Serena's antics over the years finally caught up with her. And so happy for both Vinci and Pennetta. Maybe Daniela can still make a GS final ;)

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. September 2015 00:37 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:09
Steffi Graf probably enjoyed it.

I heard that Steffi said she was rooting for Serena BUT I bet she was actually glad Serena lost.

I know I was

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. September 2015 04:39 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:09
Today was a wonderful day! Serena's antics over the years finally caught up with her. And so happy for both Vinci and Pennetta. Maybe Daniela can still make a GS final ;)

I really don't get all the hate for Serena. Sure she's done some things that are terrible and she's ashamed of, but honestly who hasn't. Truth is she's good for the sport and good for the WTA. Taking pleasure in others misfortune or pain isn't healthy.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2015 09:46 

Local Time:

I really don't get all the hate for Serena. Sure she's done some things that are terrible and she's ashamed of, but honestly who hasn't. Truth is she's good for the sport and good for the WTA. Taking pleasure in others misfortune or pain isn't healthy.

How is what I said hate for Serena? All I'm saying is that I don't think she deserved to win the calendar GS. That's not hate. Anyway so great for Vinci and Pennetta. One of them will be a GS champion!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2015 16:45 

Local Time:

How is what I said hate for Serena? All I'm saying is that I don't think she deserved to win the calendar GS. That's not hate. Anyway so great for Vinci and Pennetta. One of them will be a GS champion!

Stop being a hater, eddy.

Serena didn't play Indian Wells between 2002 & 2014 where it had the biggest attendance of any tournament outside of the slams and attracted huge investment from Larry Ellison, while American WTA tournaments in Memphis, Los Angeles and San Diego have stopped.

It's not too shocking that Serena lost as she'd had a lot of really close calls in slams this year: she had a lot of three setters at Roland Garros, Watson really should have won at Wimbledon, Mattek-Sands gave her a really close match her while Serena had a meltdown in the second set against Venus her. Previously she'd been able to regroup and pull it out the bag but this time she seemed overwhelmed and inhibited by the pressure and she was so tense and stressed out. Vinci would have noticed that and would have gotten so much encouragement form that.

BTW, why did Serena hide in a panic room when that drug tester showed up?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2015 20:25 

Local Time:
I promise I'm not being a hater Chungwit. This isn't TennisForum so let's just leave it.

I'm just happy to see some other players win and come in those clutch moments :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2015 20:53 

Local Time:
I think many are glad Serena lost because she got a bitter taste of her own medicine, winning the first set then going down, after seemingly 10 million straight times dropping the opening set then coming back.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2015 22:40 

Local Time:
Flavia Pennetta won the tournament then retired, it's not going to get better than that so might as well go out at the top, I actually found it quite poignant. Roberta Vinci seemed happy with things as well so it's nice for them.

It was just a joke, eddy, you're such a fair-minded and magnanimous person that calling you a hater is just totally absurd. The nice thing about this forum is that pretty much everyone here is a good person that supports Daniela, likes tennis and we can have good, amicable discussions.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. September 2015 12:52 

Local Time:
The nice thing about this forum is that pretty much everyone here is a good person that supports Daniela, likes tennis and we can have good, amicable discussions.[/quote]

Ha! Just with random baseless doping accusations dropped in here and there. Too funny.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. September 2015 15:05 

Local Time:
My my, what a touchy sort you are.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. September 2015 08:34 

Local Time:
Haha.

I think we're all just frustrated that there are now even more players that have a grand slam or are grand slam finalists and we know Daniela deserves to experience that. And I think we all know that time is running out :s

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3