Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Latest News from dhantuchova.com
PostPosted: 22. July 2015 16:46 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:27
Hantuchova: "To mark the Queen three set I am proud"

07/22/2015, 12:59 - ISTANBUL - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova beaming satisfaction after yesterday's advance to the second round of WTA event in Istanbul, Turkey. Our editors not missing the post-match press conference, where the experienced Slovak expressed a number of interesting themes.

Daniela admitted that duel opening round was not easy: "It is always difficult to play the first game of the regular season lawn. Aug played in the first set very well, but I zabojovala a duel finally made ​​it. Today awaits me Lesia Tsurenko match against a will certainly challenging. "
Hantuchova also responded with a smile to mark Queen three set Duel, which it labeled the Turkish media. Slovak career occurred in 281 encounters that decided third act, in 191 of them enjoyed at the far right Hantuchova. "I'm proud of it. If you want to play three sets, you have to be fit and in good shape, " said Daniela satisfied.

Complimented passed Poprad native and overcoming Turkish women: "I played against a great toy which forced to make mistakes. Each year, but I go forward. I think many things will improve. "

@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: TEB BNP Paribas Istanbul Cup, Istanbul
PostPosted: 22. July 2015 18:31 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:27
2 games only? Really Daniela? :|

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. July 2015 18:33 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:27
Daniela had a bad day. Sorry seems to be the hardest word (if not the most applicable). :( Maybe coming to my country will do her some good. Sigh.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. July 2015 18:36 

Local Time:
Ouch, that was depressing. Tsurenko played well but Daniela played poorly and that was reflected in the score. Daniela was broken in the first game but she had break back points in the next game but couldn't take them and she also had a game point in the next game but got broken. She could have been 2-1 up with momentum but instead she was 0-3 down and Tsurenko started playing a lot better after that while Daniela's level went down. Daniela broke at the start of the second set and she had a good chance to change the momentum of the match there but she got broken and Tsurenko reeled of the next few games. Daniela's last stand came ar 1-4 down when she came back from 0-40 to have a game point and she could have made more of a game of things and put some doubt into Tsurenko's mind but Tsurenko, aided by a net cord won the game and then served it out.

Daniela was so sluggish and jaded, she seemed slow around the court and just seemed to lack power while Tsurenko was able to get a lot of balls back, dictate a lot of rallies and she was the stronger and fitter player. The scheduling didn't help as Daniela had had a long game yesterday while Tsurenko had the day off the rest and recover which gave her the advantage but it shouldn't have made that much of a difference in the score or the match. Daniela didn't play well while Tsurenko did and it was pretty depressing to watch.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. July 2015 19:09 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:27
It isn't right that Lesla had a day off and Daniels played late last night...why doesn't Stacey allister implement some rules when it comes to scheduling rather than sitting on her ass promoting Bouchard!

I hope I'm wrong and probably shouldn't say this but there's something about Tsurenko that makes me feel uncomfortable..I wouldn't be surprised if she got a doping ban at some stage in her career...apologies if I offended anyone.

I didn't catch the match but sucks that she was beaten so convincingly especially as Venus lost yesterday.

Hopefully it has helped Daniela identify what she needs to work on for the U.S. Hard court swing but she's going to have to play qualifying in most of the tournaments so this kinda sucks as if she had gone on a real run here she would have got direct entry into Rogers and cincy..

Oh well at least she won one match...

What's her next tournament?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. July 2015 19:22 

Local Time:
Daniela's next tournament is Washington, eddy. Playing last night didn't help Daniela but what really hurt her was her poor performance yesterday as she should have beaten Buyukakcay easily but she was below par and struggled. A better player than Buyukakcay would probably have beaten Daniela last night so you knew unless she played a lot better today then she'd struggle. At the same time, a day off would really have helped Daniela so she was at a disadvantage compared to Tsurenko.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. July 2015 03:01 

Local Time:
Daniela's next tournament is Washington

This will be Daniela's first tournament in Washington. Just to lighten the mood, guys, as an American I want you to rest assured that the instant Dani enters the District of Columbia, she automatically and by far becomes the most intelligent person there. :beer:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. July 2015 18:59 

Local Time:
Tsurenko's in the final so it does put Daniela's result against her into some perspective. Daniela didn't play well but it shows that Tsurenko's in very good form at the moment and didn't allow Daniela to play well. The final is between two of Daniela's bete noires as it's Tsurenko v Urszula Radwanska.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. July 2015 19:33 

Local Time:
Tsurenko won the tournament so that shows how well she's been playing this tournament. Who knows what could have happened if Daniela had had some more time to rest between the first and second round although she was way below her best against Buyukakcay. The schedule didn't help but neither did struggling so much against Buyukakcay.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. July 2015 21:44 

Local Time:
Who knows what could have happened if Daniela ....

How rich would we all be if we had a dollar for every time we made this lament!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. July 2015 12:20 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:27
Well all knew that as soon as Tsurenko knocked out Daniela she would go on to win the tournament. :s

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. July 2015 04:25 

Local Time:
In other news....the San Diego Aviators are 4-7, and lost 25-8 last night. Maybe they miss somebody....

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. July 2015 14:23 

Local Time:
San Diego are coached by John Lloyd and he's a fool. Andy Murray thinks he's an idiot and Murray has Nigel Sears as a father-in-law which says it all. Great Britain did nothing in Davis Cup when Lloyd was coach, they sack him and they're in the semi-final.

I think that Baku would have been a good tournament for Daniela to play as she'd have been seeded there while she's one of the lowest ranked players in Washington. At the same time Washington is a good place to start the North American hardcourt season.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2