Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 1. July 2015 19:30 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 23:54
There were two consecutive points in this match that stood out for me as being the difference between the two players. I forget which exact game it was but in the 2nd set, Dani was serving. She put in a decent serve which Watson only just managed to plonk back into play. It was nothing special and had nothing on it. Dani slammed her next shot into the net. Same thing happened on the next point except this time, she slammed her return long. We're not talking extreme tennis here, this is basics and she couldn't even get them right for most of this match. Watson got the basics right, get the ball back in play and make your opponent play an extra shot...and possibly make a mistake, which is usually what Dani did. Forget all the backhand winners and fancy drop shots, if you can't get the basics right, you don't deserve to win.

I think you are giving Watson too much credit. Yes, she played well and got the basics right, but apart from that, didn't have to work too hard to get the win. Get the basics right and play smart and you're almost there. Daniela did neither. Losing the 5th game of the first set was suicidal and then it was all downhill from there. It was a pathetic way to wimp out in the end.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2015 22:13 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 22:54
Yeah, that will be why Watson hit more aces and winners.

The last time you posted was three years ago when you were bitching about Daniela losing at the Olympics and now you're back to bitch again, it seems that's what you do. Hopefully, it'll be a lot longer than three years before you post again.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2015 22:14 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova: "Watson played very well. At times I am struck that I play against someone from the First World twenty. Well servovala a move. I had a couple of chances in the match especially in the first set, but I missed them. We must recognize that nemesis won deservedly. "

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. July 2015 16:46 

Local Time:
I'm pretty down in the dumps today :( even though I'm British and happy for Heather I don't understand why Daniela wasn't able to play better yesterday. Her match against Cibulkova was so good.

Daniela is so classy congratulating Heather when when she must feel heart-broken inside.

I guess I'm panicking a bit that if Daniela doesn't have good results in for the rest of the season then she could be out of the top 100 by February next year.

I'm not ready for Daniela to retire for at least another season.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. July 2015 20:06 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 17:54
I was going to tell you to cheer up, eddy, because Daniela and Sam would make you happy tomorrow. But I just checked the order of play and they're not in it. When will they play the second round match, Halloween? :?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. July 2015 21:51 

Local Time:
I've got to admit that the scheduling of Daniela's doubles is a little bit iffy. It's so rare for doubles to start when singles 1st round is still going on. I don't think Daniela would have played doubles on Tuesday if Garcia had beaten Watson on Monday.

Daniela's winning again so that will be a boost to her confidence and she's hardly got any points to defend for the rest of the year, so if she has run anywhere it'll boost her ranking. If she's fit and healthy she can do well for the rest of the year.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. July 2015 17:01 

Local Time:
You know that I'm clueless about coaches. Give me your thoughts on Serrano, and how long this will last. I guess so far, so good.

Dani and Sam are third up on Court 3 after, what else, two men's matches.
Watson was heroic in defeat today. Had that been Daniela and everything went exactly as it did, she would have been slaughtered in the press and on social media, and all of us would have been so badly heartbroken that it would have taken weeks to overcome. So it's just as well.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. July 2015 19:50 

Local Time:
Boo, Watson almost beat Serena Williams but Williams just squeezed out the win. It does put Daniela's performance on Wednesday into perspective because Watson's in amazing form and played great tennis the last two matches against Serena Williams and Daniela.

Daniela's been doing fine with Serrano so far, Alex. She's played well in Birmingham and Wimbledon and seems to be getting a bit of confidence. Serrano had worked with Fabio Fognini in the past and he's the best player Serrano's worked with prior to Daniela. I don't have any expectations of Serrano being around long term because coaches don't last that long with Daniela these days. The way I look at it is that Serrano's the coach for the moment. He's Spanish and Daniela's done well with Spanish coaches in the past. She seems to like the Spanish style.
Serrano wanted to be an actor but he was a ham. Thank you, I'm here all week.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. July 2015 23:02 

Local Time:
I like Serrano, he seems calm...and she definitely seemed happy on court in the doubles first round. A doubles win tomo would be great..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. July 2015 23:57 

Local Time:
Root her on home, eddy. And if you get the chance, say hi and best wishes from all of is in the Forum!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. July 2015 18:37 

Local Time:
A really disappointing way to go out of the doubles as Daniela & Sam were outplayed and faded away in the second set. Shvedova & Dellacqua were very good, they served well, rallied well and they volleyed well and they were just better than Daniela & Sam. Daniela was okay while Stosur made errors and neither of them played well while the opponents did. Daniela & Sam were competitive in the first set but the second set was a write-off.

I suppose that having three days off between the first and second round did Daniela & Sam no favours but the opponents were better.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. July 2015 20:47 

Local Time:
Sam was blasted yesterday, and in her comments afterwards she was worse on herself than she was on the court. I suspected there would be carryover today and there sure was. I also suspect that when Daniela next plays doubles it won't be with Sam.
Since she has chosen not to play WTT, we now come to the point of the year I hate the most. No Dani to root on for almost a month. :(

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. July 2015 11:00 

Local Time:
Back from hoiday and all my faves are out(apart from Garbine). Daniela's performance against Watson was sadly very disappointing-she didn't seem to be able to put anything on the ball,and you do have to wonder whether the heat zapped her.

C'est la vie. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. July 2015 13:22 

Local Time:
Daniela should be playing Istanbul in two weeks, Alex.

I hope you had a nice holiday, Benji.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. July 2015 14:03 

Local Time:
Daniela should be playing Istanbul in two weeks, Alex.

I hope you had a nice holiday, Benji.

I did,thanks for asking(very hot in France at the moment!). Was able to catch the second set against Domi,which was sublime. :beer:

Very encouraging that she can still play at that level.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next