Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 29. June 2015 22:35 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 00:23
Hantuchova had the victory in the derby Slovak great joy. "I am very happy, as I made it to the state 3: 5 in the first set. I gained ten games in a row, I played very aggressive, exactly how to play on grass. I think the coach can be with my performance satisfied. The beginning was more nervous on both sides. Nevertheless matches against compatriot tend to be more difficult. I tried to block out and focus in particular on their game. The spectators saw a nice meeting and I am happy that with a happy ending for me. The fans create a very nice atmosphere . They were very fair, we can thank them both. The trainer will now go see match Watson to have Garcia. Both are good trávarky, so it will not be easy," she told TASR former world number five.

Cibulkova was disappointed after losing. "From the beginning I did not feel completely comfortable. I waited such tactics he comes up with Daniel. It was played five-six exchanges. This is tennis, which testifies to it and not me. In the first set, I still knew from the get. Škoda couple Return spoiled. In the state 5: 4 and 15: 0 am ruined recorded backhand and it cost me a hundred, I missed a lot brejkbalov. In the second set she was released and started to play better. I lost a tactical game, only I hecovala. does not hold ma or service. It was only the fourth game for a very long break, what zavážilo. I am sorry that I lost the first round of Grand Slam. It's always unpleasant and sad, but that's tennis. I leave the grass and I look forward to concrete," she told TASR Cibulkova, which now await tournament in Istanbul and Baku. The overseas series will kick off in Montreal, then present in Cincinnati, New Haven and the US Open.

President of the Slovak Tennis Association Tibor Macko claims that in the match against Hantuchova Cibulková fully capitalize on its rich experience in Grand Slam tournaments. "The Daniela is well known that plays well on grass. Forsíruje quick shots, good service. For Dominic was a handicap that it lacked match practice, because only last week returned to competition after injury carousel. I believe that the Hardy quickly again comes into its games being and confirms that the top Slovak toys," said the head of the TASR Slovak tennis.

@ google translate

"For this victory I'm very happy, it was not at all an easy game. Certainly not for Dominika ... Play against someone from their own country is ever more challenging, we are both very aspired to succeed. I am satisfied with my performance especially from the state 3: 5 . I played what I had on the grass. I Has tactics, what we set out, I acted aggressively. In the last ten gemoch that I have all won, it burned well. I am happy that I'm in the next round. Before the match I somehow nerozoberala my positive record against Dominica, these things tend never solved. It is concentrated on the present, I own performance and if I had a little something in the subconscious, then that Maťo me knows very well because he was my coach in the past. Perhaps it from beginning played a role. I believed, however, because I was behind a couple of really good matches in Birmingham and the whole week preparing here at Wimbledon was great. I felt confident and I enjoyed the duel. I have to thank the Slovak fans that both of us support, formed the great atmosphere. It was a great match with a nice end for me, " said Daniela Hantuchova.

Hantuchova revealed the news, which is Spanish coach Óscar Serrano. "It's a great man, great plays, we understand very well. Even here at Wimbledon preparation was excellent," said Daniela Hantuchova.

@ google translate

"Regardless of the name grueling which at the moment is not yet known, again go to court with the same frame of mind: there is no need to look at who is on the opposite side of the net. The most important thing is to concentrate on your performance," pointed Hantuchova, who freshly coached leads Spaniard Oscar Serrano, in the past, for example an Italian coach Fabia Fognini.

@ google translate

The former world number five was trying to join the derby as to any other game, but admitted that duel had a specific charge. "With Dominika is well known from the Fed Cup and joint training, in addition Maťo Liptak was formerly my personal coach and have me read. Probably also because was the beginning of both sides more nervous. I tried to block out and focus in particular on their game. I am very happy, as I made ​​it to the state 3: 5 in the first set. I gained ten games in a row, I played very aggressive, exactly how to play on grass. I think the coach can be satisfied with my performance. For me the most beautiful Wimbledon Grand Slam tournament in the world in the area of the All England Club has always taken every minute, " she told TASR.

Hantuchova that leads the head to head matches Cibulkova of almost 5: 0th former Wimbledon Lawn štvrťfinalistka praised the atmosphere in the audience. "Fans have created a very nice scenery. They were very fair, we can thank them both. They saw a nice meeting and I am glad with joyful end for me. I will wait now for my surplice in the second round. Briton Heather Watson and Frenchwoman Caroline Garcia trávarky are good, but again it is primarily about me and my game. "

@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. June 2015 00:18 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 01:23
GREAT STUFF!

ANY VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS??

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. June 2015 04:00 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 19:23
Maybe you noticed that I edited my post to reflect that Daniela won the last 10 games today, which she's clearly proud of (and should be!) as shown in her FB message. What a dumb mistake. This is why I never have and never will proclaim myself to be Daniela's #1 fan. It's royally stupid for anyone to say that to begin with. If there was a smilie of kicking oneself in the butt, I'd put it right here.
Oh well. Onward and upward, Dani!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. June 2015 15:09 

Local Time:
Excellent beginning for Daniela and Sam. 6-1, 7-5 in 59 minutes. :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. June 2015 15:15 

Local Time:
A good win in doubles. Daniela and Sam won the first set pretty easily but there was a wee bit of a wobble in the second set when Stosur got broken at 3-2 up and she made a few errors but they got back on track, broke back and Daniela served it out. Daniela played well and overall it was a very good performance.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. June 2015 16:08 

Local Time:
Watson just beat Garcia so she's next for Daniela. Daniela beat her in the Australian Open last year in three sets although Watson had a good run in Eastbourne beating Svitolina and she saved 3 MPS against Garcia so she'll be confident and she'll have home support so it won't be an easy match.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. June 2015 21:35 

Local Time:
Daniela's the second match on No. 1 Court after a men's match, play starts at 1 pm.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. June 2015 23:52 

Local Time:
Hi guys, I was there at the doubles first round match today, Daniela played good but not amazing...was great to see her play again. Stosur was sometimes amazing and then awful lol.

Will upload pics and a few videos in next few days.

Fingers crossed she can beat Watson tomorrow...

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. July 2015 01:30 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 08:23
Impressive performance for Dani in singles and doubles. Hope she can win easily in next round. But Watsons will have more supporters, Dani should focus and concentrate and play the way she play against Domi.

I wonder why there were no highlights and it is not allowed to post it in YouTube but previous GS events are posted on YouTube :?:

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2015 10:34 

Local Time:
There are highlights of Domi match on you tube now :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2015 12:45 

Local Time:
It must have been great to see Daniela win and have so much fun at Wimbledon, eddy.

It would be fantastic if Daniela can win today. Watson will be a tough opponent although Daniela beat her at the Australian Open last year. Daniela will be able to dictate a lot of rallies although Watson will get lots of balls back, she'll fight and she'll have home support but she did have a draining match yesterday. Daniela will have to have the same focus and determination she had against Cibulkova against Watson.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2015 17:04 

Local Time:
Daniela seems off her game today. Heather is dictating...and there's no fist pumps from Daniela..she is being too careful :( Not sure how much doubles helped yesterday.

4-6 1-2

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2015 17:45 

Local Time:
Watson has to get a lot of credit as she played really well. She was dictating a lot of the rallies, she was serving well, defending well and her groundstrokes were really solid with a lot of depth and she hardly made any errors. She kept on putting pressure on Daniela and won so many of the longer rallies. Things could have been different if Daniela had held when she was 3-1 up in the first set after breaking Watson but Watson broke right back and took the momentum winning four games in a row and that put her in control of the match. Likewise, Watson won four games in a row from 1-1 in the second and almost won five in a row but Daniela saved a MP before Watson served it out in the next game.
Daniela played okay but Watson was too good.

Daniela seems off her game today. Not sure how much doubles helped yesterday.

4-6 1-2

Wouldn't surprise me if Daniela was scheduled for doubles yesterday to make sure that she didn't get more rest than Watson.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2015 17:47 

Local Time:
Proud of our gal. Obviously not much worked today, and I imagine those of you saw it will tell me Daniela was far from her best. In any sport, it's hard to overcome losing an early lead to the team/player who's at home. Once the homestander gets the momentum and the crowd gets into it, that's usually too hard to reverse. Overall, Dani picked up a few wins in Britain and a few spots in the rankings, and got her first Wimbledon victory in 4 years, and I'll take it. There's still doubles with an intriguing partner and no Williams sisters in the way. So in this case, I'll wear the rose colored glasses. (Let's hear it....ain't your puss ugly enough without doing that? :o

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2015 18:18 

Local Time:
Daniela was not the player from her first round today. I think for the first time in her career the heat helped her opponent more than her as she just didn't have the same intensity and energy as the first round. Heather played brilliantly and the score is a bit harsh on Daniela. Heathers gameplan was easier to work out than Daniela's as Heather knew she had to be agressive and serve well which she did, whereas Daniela's tactic was to "see how well Heather is playing and then step up if needed". Unfortunately Daniela couldn't raise her game today.

Daniela started so well but then Heather got momentum and started to believe. 3-1 game to go 4-1 would have most llkely have given Daniela the set and who knows the match. I think the heat really did play a part in the match today. I hope Daniela won't be too despondent. She had a great win over Domi and her confidence does seem to be coming back.

I do question if playing doubles too hinders her momentum and focus on her singles. To go from practicing so much singles to then being allowed to hit in the tramlines is probably not helping her stay consistent as she gets older..i think she should rethink...unless her and stosur go on to win the tournament haha.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next