Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Aegon Classic, Birmingham
PostPosted: 18. June 2015 20:11 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:48
I think it's good Daniela is on last tomorrow. The court won't be as fast which will mean Lisicki's serve won't be as potent. Of course that will slow down Daniela shots too. Incidentally Lisicki managed only 6 aces today playing last on.

Daniela has to take her chances...

There's a highlights video on YouTube. Daniela looked exhausted! Hopefully she can rest well tonight and not over practice tomorrow so she's as fresh as she can be for her really tough quarterfinal.

Daniela played well judging from the highlights but to be honest she is even slower these days so I think If Lisicki is consistent then there won't be much Daniela can do. Hope Daniela proves me wrong :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2015 20:16 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 05:48
4 of the missed BP's today came in the very first game of the match. 3/7 otherwise, and two of them in big spots (4-all in first, 5-all in second), so not so bad.
Sabine folded and spindled Daniela in the '11 final, at a time when Dani was playing some the best tennis of her career. She set a record yesterday with 27 aces. Logic dictates that....oops....gotta read the Forum rules....logic and Daniela's results should never be in the same sentence (except for one like this). Today, our gal beat Sabine, 11 aces to 8. Rybarikova had 3 set points in the first set tiebreak. She didn't miss upsetting Lisicki by much. The hope is that Sabine plays more like today than yesterday, and that this one Daniela's Candid Camera runs. You know: Some week, some time, some place where you least expect it!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. June 2015 09:06 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:48
Now that I had a day to rest, I can't be prouder of our Dani - even if she gets trashed by Lisicki today.
Everytime that someone claims Dani to be dead and that should retire, our girl comes back and shows everyone why she is still here.
A win over Lisicki would be great, would really be the proof that she's back for good but, this QF is already a great result.
Does anyone know if Dani is again with a new coach?
I saw someone in TF saying "I didn't know that Daniela changed coach again".

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. June 2015 17:48 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:48
Well, the great campaign of Dani came to an end 7-6 (2), 6-2.
In the first set she recovered from 5-2 down and saved 3SP to take it to a TB but she did too many UE to lose it 7-2.
In the second, she hold to 2-2 but after that the errors started to creep in whereas Lisicki kept her game plan.

Nontheless, a very positive week for Daniela that will see her climbing in the ranks to #71.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2015 18:03 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:48
I got the match from the tiebreak. Daniela double faulted on her first service point in the tie break and was a double break down so she gave the lead and momentum to Lisicki and and while she got back to 4-2 at the changeover she lost the next three points for the set. Like Artur said, Daniela made a few too many errors in the tie break and in the second half of the second set while Lisicki's power was giving her some easy points while Daniela was forcing things a little too much at these times. She did fade away at the end of the second set as Lisicki won the last five games.

Daniela can can take so many positives from this week and it will be a big boost to her confidence and ranking.

Daniela's got the week off as she's not in the Eastbourne qualifying draw unless she's given a wildcard for the main draw.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2015 18:07 

Local Time:
Daniela's not on the qualifying draw for Eastbourne.

Maybe she got a wildcard or is choosing to rest???

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2015 18:10 

Local Time:
A wonderful tourney for Daniela. It was true fun to root her on today when she was a big underdog. The way she fought her way into the tiebreaker was amazing and heartwarming. Too bad it couldn't have went her way. I'm sure anyone that watched could say why did she do this or not do that. There's a time for that. Not today. This is time to be proud of our gal and say thanks for bringing back hope to us. Bless your humongous heart, Dani! :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2015 18:14 

Local Time:
She may want to rest, eddy, as she's had injury problems this year and doesn't want to overplay. In previous years s'hertogenbosch was on at the same time as Eastbourne so she could have gotten in there and the field for Eastbourne wouldn't be as strong as a few players would be playing s'hertogenbosch which could have given Daniela a chance to get into Eastbourne. But with it just being Eastbourne before Wimbledon there will be so many players there making it harder to get in.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2015 00:21 

Local Time:
Had Daniela found a way today, we would have had the delight of having her face the Mistress of Fair Play herself, Angelcheat Kerber. We'll keep waiting for revenge. May Sabine serve 40 aces tomorrow.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2015 13:39 

Local Time:
Daniela's not playing Eastbourne which selfishly sucks as I'd have love to have seen her play again as I'm going on Tuesday.

Probably the wise decision as she should practice and rest I just hope she gets a win at Wimbledon for once this year.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2015 18:26 

Local Time:
Have a nice time in Eastbourne, eddy, there are a lot of top players there so you should see some good matches. That tournament is the complete opposite of Rome.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2015 20:37 

Local Time:
That's a bummer for you, eddy. You don't need me to explain what a wonderful experience it is to see Daniela in person. For your sake I wish she had chosen to play doubles at Eastbourne.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2015 10:47 

Local Time:
Thanks guys. You never know she might be there practicing...

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4