Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 25. May 2015 19:43 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 23:49
That could happen if the other matches take a long time and Daniela's match can't be completed tomorrow evening, Jean Raj. I find it a bit odd that a doubles match is on before a singles match although it will take a similar time as a women's singles would.

Are you going tomorrow, Jean Raj?

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. May 2015 20:12 

Local Time:
That could happen if the other matches take a long time and Daniela's match can't be completed tomorrow evening, Jean Raj. I find it a bit odd that a doubles match is on before a singles match although it will take a similar time as a women's singles would.

Are you going tomorrow, Jean Raj?
Yes possibly after work, depending on the progress of the matches...

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2015 21:45 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 00:49
That's CRAP scheduling! Men's doubles before a women's singles? RIDICULOUS. Bring on the grass as we all know what happens when Daniela plays late.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2015 22:32 

Local Time:
I suppose the best thing about the scheduling is that you can go to the tennis without skipping work and worrying about your boss seeing you, Jean Raj.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2015 12:19 

Local Time:
The first match has already taken two hours and they haven't even finished the third set yet.they're going to have to move her to another court surely or cancel the doubles.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2015 15:53 

Local Time:
Almagro just beat Dolgopolov so it's just the doubles match now before Daniela.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2015 19:28 

Local Time:
This is disappointing and depressing. Daniela had her chances but couldn't take them while Bencic generally came up with something good at deuce & BPs, while Daniela faded at the end of the second set. The first set was crucial and Bencic converted her only BP while Daniela couldn't convert the two she had. Bencic broke Daniela in a long game early on in the set and went 4-1 up. Daniela was was up a break in the second at 2-1 and the next few games were all close but Bencic won them and when she got 4-3 up she cruised the rest of the way while Daniela faded.

When Bencic was in control of a point and had Daniela on the run, she generally won the point while when Daniela was dictating, she won most of them but Bencic sometimes hit a great shot to turn the rally around (she hit some good passing shots) or Daniela made an error. Daniela played pretty well but so did Bencic and she was solid and came up with good shots when required: she hit a few aces at deuce during the match.

Daniela will take a hit in the rankings after this but she still has doubles so hopefully she can have a good run there.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2015 19:54 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is third on Court 9 after a women's and a men's doubles, play starts at 11am.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2015 20:06 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 19:49
When will she win a match again? It must be so discouraging for Daniela. I don't even know how she can turn this year around...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2015 21:30 

Local Time:
I saw some of the match and the scoreline is not so kind. Daniela was poor in important points and I really thought she'd go on a run of games in the 2nd set. Bencic was very solid and is a really good match player. Hope to salvage something in the doubles but hopefully grass will bring some much needed wins. By far the worst clay season of her career.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2015 21:46 

Local Time:
According to Slovak media,Daniela has been battling with a problem in her right elbow since the Fed Cup tie. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2015 22:29 

Local Time:
Hantuchova completed the Slovaks lost

Daniela Hantuchova for the fourth time in his career in Paris ends the first round. In his 13th start at Roland Garros succumbed to 32-year-old Slovak tennis player 18 years of Slovak origin are Swiss Belinda Benčičová 3: 6, 3: 6th Slovak tennis reported on Tuesday a bad day - in the singles three of our players have suffered three losses.

Hantuchova rivalry with Benčičová brought an average 80 minutes of tennis. Experienced Bratislavčanka experiencing worse antukové period Tuesday after wrestling with balance 0: 4th Overall pulls the cord of seven losses in the series. The fight showed a few promising moments, lacking the traditionally better move. Current world rankings 59th player after Paris on the computer falls, as advocated by the third round. At Roland Garros in 2015 continued in doubles alongside Australian girl Samantha Stosur.

Daniela Hantuchova: "From the April Fed Cup, I could not train properly, limiting the elbow me. Mentally, it is difficult to master, I can not in training take what I need. It is a chronic inflammation of the right hand, I go to Prague to professor Kolar. Last month I was neservovala. In the match with Benčičová, young players, especially the difference in speed. When I pushed it, the ball in the corners very well ran out. For my part it was clumsy, I did not win a lot of matches, and when I had the chance, and I wanted to use them, either I went into it too much or not at all ... I had a chance in the administration, and then I froze. "
Hantuchova resolutely refuses transition exclusively for doubles. "No way. All my life I played tennis because of the singles, doubles and mix, it was just a supplement, "she said with a smile to lighten adds: , "Before I laugh at that I would through the second week Grand Slam tournament could play legends. Toys that plays him - Dementieva, Myskina, Davenport, Bartoli, Schett - I already say what else I am looking for the profíčkami that I could no longer go to them. End of career you still unacceptable but health is paramount and we must focus on that I was in the condition in which we can deliver maximum. "

Hantuchova coached in Paris helps Thomas Högstedt, with whom in the past cooperated. Nor is it Nuka and for a further period, but yet decided.

The interesting match was the presence Yoshihito Nishioka next Benčič Ivana's father and coach Melinda. Piešťanský player, has recently NTC member, acts as a sparring partner in Paris and Swiss. "We played with me in preparation in Switzerland and now there is also in Paris, " confirmed Benčič whose sparring partner was once another Slovak tennis player Filip Havaj.
Zuzana Wisterová, Paris

@ google translate

"His thirteenth start in the main competition at Roland Garros I imagined otherwise, in any case, but I'm not going now dedicated exclusively to Debla. All my life I played tennis because of the singles, doubles and mix, it was just a complement, " said the Grand Slam winner of the complete collection in the mix for the official Slovak Tennis Association and the relief she added: "Before I laugh at that I would through the second week Grand Slam tournament of legends could play. The players who play it - Dementieva, Myskina, Davenport, Bartoli, Schett - I have say what else I am looking for the profíčkami that I could no longer go to them. End of career you still unacceptable but health is paramount and we must focus on that I was in the condition in which we can deliver maximum. "

Benčičová was duel with Hantuchova more confident in long rallies from the baseline, make less unforced errors. The mutual balance with former world number five was adjusted to 2: 1, in late March it climbed to Hardy in Miami. Hantuchova admitted that from April's winning Fed Cup match with Sweden in Bratislava NTC could not train properly, because it limited the elbow. "Mentally it is difficult to handle that in training can not take what you need . It is a chronic inflammation of the right hand, I go to Prague to professor Kolar. Last month I was neservovala. In the match with Benčičová, young players, especially the difference in speed. When I pushed it, the ball in the corners very well ran out. For my part it was clumsy, I did not win a lot of matches, and when I had the chance, and I wanted to use them, either I went into it too much or not at all ... I had a chance in the administration, and then I froze, " said the OCC. en Hantuchova, who on Wednesday still waiting in Paris 1st round doubles alongside Australian girl Samantha Stosur.

@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2015 22:58 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 19:49
How many times has Fed Cup screwed over her season? My God. I know she loves it, but it's so horrible that she keeps having such bad luck...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. May 2015 09:51 

Local Time:
Darn Fed Cup..kinda makes sense now why she played with very little confidence recently. Funnily enough if she had taken the clay season off then she would not have been in any worse off points wise than she is.

Daniela should pull out of doubles to take advantage of this time to rest her elbow and to get early preparation for grass but she is too kind to not let stosur down...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. May 2015 14:14 

Local Time:
Daniela had to play Fed Cup to be eligible to play at the Olympics and the Olympics is so important to her, plus it was a relegation play off and it kept Slovakia in World Group 2 rather than Euro-Africa zone. Daniela's match at the Fed Cup was pretty easy although it probably exacerbated problems she had already. She pulled out of Acapulco, was below par in Indian Wells & Miami and she didn't play Charleston where she had points to defend and she'd always played the clay tournament after Miami when she'd been fit for years.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next