Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Tier I Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Abierto Monterey Afirme, Monterey
PostPosted: 4. March 2015 19:19 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 19:08
Well that's the fighting spirit! Again it is another 3 set and another com from behind from Dani. So proud of her! I hope she can make it an easier win against Urzsula but she hasn't against her for a long time. Revenge Dani revenge! :twisted:

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2015 22:01 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:08
The great thing about this, guys, outside of most of last year, this has become Dani's way throughout the 2010's. Of course, I have always felt that the "mentally fragile" s--t was vastly overblown, but she has pulled off so many of these beyond belief comebacks in the 2010's that now her tenacity, guts, never give in fighting spirit is what she's known for. And I am loving every second of it!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. March 2015 02:51 

Local Time:
Dani plays the second daytime match tomorrow on what they call Cancha Central. Play begins a little after 3:00 PM.

I forgot to note that, down 3-5 in the third and facing the first of Puig's match points, Daniela dialed up an ace on 2nd serve. Rumor is that play was almost delayed today because repairs were needed to remove the imprint Daniela's back left on the wall. :mrgreen:

This must have rubbed off on Rybarikova. She just saved 4 MP's in a 3rd set tiebreaker, winning it 11-9, in a match lasting 2:46.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. March 2015 19:19 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:08
Daniela's got a great record on central courts this year as her only loss on one was against Halep in Dubai and she's won all the others. It helps Daniela that she's already played on Central this tournament and while she lost to Radwanska in Auckland that was on an outside court while this will be on Cancha Central.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. March 2015 21:54 

Local Time:
The weather is supposed to suck the next couple of days in Monterrey, guys. Temperatures are barely going to reach 50F, 9-10C. Awful cool. No rain or bad winds, though. Last year or so, Daniela wasn't winning get-even matches, when the weather was cool, or if her match began late because of scheduling. This year, she's winning so matter what, so not too worried about the conditions. And she owes Aga's sister a few (3 consecutive losses to her). Here's hoping!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. March 2015 00:21 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:08
Unfortunately there doesn't look like there's going to be a stream :(

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. March 2015 01:05 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 05:08
Unfortunately there doesn't look like there's going to be a stream

Dang, if anybody comes across a stream or tv station let me know. I haven't found a stream yet

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. March 2015 01:18 

Local Time:
Terrible start :(

First set - 2-6 in under half an hour :oops:

No idea why Daniela struggles so much against Ula...really starting to piss me off...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. March 2015 05:28 

Local Time:
Hang this one on me, guys. I was on the radio calling a high school basketball playoff game while the match was going on. Much as I hated it, all I could do was check the score during commercial breaks. Dani needed my full support and it couldn't happen. Bummed.
Hey, Daniela was overdue for a frustrating loss. Maybe I need to petition the WTA to not schedule her when I'm on the air. Or maybe to have her play all her matches in the middle of the night!
Still have to be happy with the season so far.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. March 2015 10:26 

Local Time:
This is so frustrating. I just don't understand how Ursula Radwanska gives Daniela so many problems or how she's such a difficult matchup. I don't suppose the cold conditions would have helped Daniela given that she'd had such a tough match on Tuesday night so the cold would have exacerbated any stiffness or soreness plus we don't know how her foot is. Apart from Pattaya Daniela's still having that second round hoodoo but she's still had a lot of great wins this year.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. March 2015 11:28 

Local Time:
Not going to complain about this one to be honest. We couldn't watch the match and Ula in her interview said the conditions were different compared to last few days. A lot slower which would have helped Ula as Daniela's power would have been neutraliseed. Also evn though she had a days rest finishing a match at 2am in the first round does not do any favours so I expect Daniela wasnt able to move at her best.

Rest well for Indian Wells. Hopefully she can get a good draw and win at least two matches there. I am not enjoying the 2nd round exits but at least better than first round exits!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. March 2015 00:13 

Local Time:
Should Daniela get 3 wins at Indian Wells, she will reach yet another milestone by passing the $10 million mark in career earnings, becoming the 48th player in combined men's/women's history to reach $10 million. That's worth rooting for! ;)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2015 14:33 

Local Time:
Both of the Mexican tournaments have ended up with Bacsinszky and Garcia in the final. Garcia's had a retirement in the quarter-finals and got past the top seed in the semi-final both times although she actually had to play the match in Monterey. I honestly don't know the last time that's happened. Bacsinszky beat Radwanska so maybe Daniela's result here wasn't too bad.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2