Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Hobart International, Hobart
PostPosted: 12. January 2015 19:43 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 01:20
I woke up at 4:30 AM, just in time to see it was 11-10 in the first set tiebreaker and the livecscore immediately put up the set point. Thanks for the details, eddy and Chungwit. The second set was tough enough to go through, so the first must have a Pepto Bismol Special!
I really don't care that this was such a struggle in a way, because it's so nice to see the fighting spirit help get her through (we know it's always there, but too often last year it wasn't enough), not even to mention that she beat a qualie who was on her game. Gotta dig through the books and find when Daniela last won 7-6 7-6.
Dani so often cheers me up when I can use it, one of a zillion reasons I love her. After my Dallas Cowboys took such a brutal loss yesterday to the Green Bay Packers, Daniela sent me a real pick-me-up. Thanks so much, young lady! :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2015 20:40 

Local Time:
How about October 2007, guys? In Zurich, the week before she so wonderfully won at Linz and made the WTA Championships, in a 1st rounder, Daniela beat ex#1 Dinara Safina, 7-6(2) & 7-6(4).

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2015 21:13 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:20
Dani so often cheers me up when I can use it, one of a zillion reasons I love her. After my Dallas Cowboys took such a brutal loss yesterday to the Green Bay Packers, Daniela sent me a real pick-me-up. Thanks so much, young lady! :P

The Detroit Lions feel your pain, Alex.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2015 21:17 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:20
EEk! I just watched the highlights and forgot that Daniela actually served for the match 6-5 up in the 2nd set...and um didn't hold serve...oh well she got the job done in the end. The match against Diyas will be interesting, tough but interesting...and Daniela has a day off tomorrow :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. January 2015 00:05 

Local Time:
Daniela is teaming up with Karin Knapp in the doubles for the Australian Open...maybe Schiavone decided not to enter the doubles.

Could be an interesting team with Daniela and Knapp, if they get a good draw I can see them winning a few rounds. :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. January 2015 03:11 

Local Time:
The Detroit Lions feel your pain, Alex.

In the immortal words of Curly Howard...."Oh, a wise guy, eh!?"
I do see the irony of it all.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. January 2015 16:25 

Local Time:
Daniela's the fourth match of the day session, play starts at 11 am. She's going to have a lot of waiting around.

Diyas has gone up the rankings last year, helped by runs at Wimbledon & the US Open. She beat Suarez Navarro & Zvonareva at Wimbledon and she's also beat Koukalova twice last season. Most of Diyas's wins have come against fairly moderate players but she's generally beaten players that someone ranked in the low 30s should beat, she's had a lot of wins so she's a confident up- and-comer. This match will be a good test of Daniela's level as she thrashed the no. 14 but she struggled against players outside the top 100. A win here would give Daniela a great chance in this tournament, give her some nice ranking points and momentum and confidence for the Australian Open.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 13. January 2015 19:01 

Local Time:
great news about her new coach

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. January 2015 04:08 

Local Time:
Looks like a rainout today, guys. They keep pushing starting time back an hour, a bit of a joke, as the forecast is for rain well into the night. Fine by me. I'd like to see Daniela go after Diyas with 2 days rest.

Now we really have to root for a washout, because they've kicked Daniela's match to the backcourt, and we know how well that usually comes out.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. January 2015 09:42 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:20
It will be another restday for Dani since there was only one scheduled singles and doubles today due to bad weather...that's a good thing as they moved Dani's match on one of the back courts...and we knew how Dani played if that's not in the Center court

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. January 2015 10:37 

Local Time:
Daniela first up on Thursday at 10am but on outside court so no stream...really effing annoying..

Daniela usually plays well if she's first up but the outside court is worrying...would be so great to male the quarters here...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. January 2015 13:58 

Local Time:
It would have been great for Daniela to have been able to have played today. At least she's not at any disadvantage for the quarter-final as Riske & Jovanovski are playing at the same time and the quarter-final would be the fourth match on Centre Court, but having to play two matches in one day will be tough. The last time she had to do that was in Pattaya two years ago. I want her to do well here but with the Australian Open next week there is the concern about overplaying and going to Melbourne tired.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. January 2015 17:27 

Local Time:
I don't think we should even think about the Australian Open at this stage as Daniela can easily draw Serena Williams in the first round and then we'd look back at Hobart as big missed opportunity to gain valuable points.

If Daniela can beat Diyas thoses 70 points will help a lot to her ranking especially if she bombs out in the 1R next week and loses (120 points) and if she loses to Riske/Jovanowski in the QF here in Hobart then so be it and she'll have plenty of time to get ready for potential playing her first round at the A0 as early as Monday.

I think at least a quarter-final showing at Hobart is really important..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. January 2015 22:39 

Local Time:
Weather conditions look favorable in Hobart. A little windy, but temps will be right around 20C (68F for those in the land of the free and the home of the people that chased out the metric system!). If there's any day that's OK for Dani to play two, it would be this one.
Daniela has not won 2 singles in any tournament since the last French Open. Wouldn't it be perfectly Daniellian for our gal to win 2 in one day and break that skein!? Calling it! :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. January 2015 00:54 

Local Time:
5-5 in the first set...this is unbearable not having livestream..

5-6 hope Daniela can force the tiebreak...definitely feel like Daniela needs the first set in this match...

And just like that Daniela loses her serve 5-7

Going to be a very tough road to win this now.

Why can't Daniela ever seem to win two matches in a row these days? Diyas is consistent but no massive weapons...hopefully Daniela can turn this around. FIGHT

I found a stream but I wish I hadn't Daniela is hitting error after error, Diyas doesn't miss a shot...1-2 on serve

1-4 this is so tragic, Daniela had so many breaks points in that game, she is now 2/10 on break point chances...I don't understand why she can't convert...dumps return balls wide, long or into the net...Diyas isn't doing anything...

Hurrendous 1-5, 3 straight errors

Lost 5-7 1-6 Worst I've seen from Daniela in years and that's saying something. Actually broke Diyas in the first game of the 2nd set. Her attitude stunk too...must have wanted to be in Melbourne instead...Diyas literally made as many balls as she could and made as little errors as possible and it was good enough...

I have no hopes in Melbourne after this display. I wish I was exaggerating.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next