Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 26. August 2014 18:15 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 22:01
Daniela has had good luck with Cornet, winning the last 4 meetings, 6-3 overall. Without doubt Cornet is notably better than she was between 2007-12, when their matches took place, but it is, all things considered, better for Daniela than a lot of other people she could be playing next. Wishing her good luck and a quick recovery from the dousing she took today for ALS.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2014 20:51 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 03:01
Daniela's the first match on Court 5, 11 am start.

Daniela's doubles match is 3rd on Court 12 after two men's doubles matches.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2014 21:01 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 04:01
Cornet played her first round on court 5 so that's a big advantage for her as she'll be used to the court..I think that shouldn't be allowed but hopefully Daniela can cause the upset.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2014 21:15 

Local Time:
"Whether to do one or the other of France, it certainly will be a difficult match again. At Grand Slam tournaments, all fighting, must play hard every ball. It is not even too much about tennis, but rather on militancy - should be put into it all," noted Hantuchova before the 2nd round.

Tridsaťjedenročná Poprad native advocates in their area of ​​Flushing Meadows last year's penetration to the quarterfinals: "Certainly I do not feel increased pressure. It's a new year and a new tournament. Thus far is not refundable, even have fond memories, it was great. After these years, however, really does not discuss such things, absolutely not solving it. "

@ google translate

Hantuchova already does not work with coach Peter Lundgren

NEW YORK. Cooperation Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova with the Swedish coach Peter Lundgren is after nearly half of the past.

"We finished after Wimbledon. Throughout the summer, I like that," said 31-year-old Poprad native to the question SITA in a conference call with the Slovak media after Monday's victory 4: 6, 6 2, 6 3 over Switzerland, Romina Oprandiovou in 1 . round U.S. Open .

The former fiver the rankings Hantuchova in New York City with a sparring partner Filip Havaj and physiotherapist Michal Novotný.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 16:11 

Local Time:
The umpire's just announced that Daniela's from Czechoslovakia.

0-1, Cornet breaks to 30, Daniela hit a DF on the first point and then Cornet had a net cord at 30 all.
0-2, Cornet holds form 0-30, winning the next 4 points.
0-3, Cornet breaks to 15 after Daniela DFs, Cornet got another net cord going her way this game.
0-4, Cornet holds to 15. It seems that as soon as Cornet gets a big hit in and controls the rally, she wins the point.
1-4, Daniela saves 3 BPs to hold.
1-5, Cornet holds to 30.
2-5, Daniela saves a set point to hold, she's fighting and hanging in while Cornet isn't playing quite as well the past few games.
3-5, Daniela breaks to 30 after hitting two great service return winners from 30 all.
3-6, Daniela serves a DF on set point. She got a time violation warning from the umpire at 30 all then put a shot long when it would've been a winner if in then she double faulted. She's 3/17 second serve points won and only 54% 1st serves in and that's the difference in the set.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 16:18 

Local Time:
Already dramatic in the first game, Cornet falls over in the 3rd point, Daniela checks she's ok, then Daniela gets 2 lets chords against her and Cornet breaks :(

1st Set Daniela serving:

0-1 Cornet breaks to 30
0-2 Cornet holds to 30, Daniela not playing well at all
0-3 Cornet break to 15, massive double fault by Daniela, worst I've ever seen Daniela play...ever
0-4 Cornet holds to 15, Cornet playing very solid
Daniela looks completely lost and flat out there, this is like the Eastbourne vs Davis match...very odd
1-4 Daniela holds saving 3 non-consecutive break points, but she is no where in this match
1-5 Cornet holds to 30 Daniela's returning game is just as bad as her serving..
2-5 Daniela saves a set point and holds, to be honest this could have easily been a 0-6 set, so Daniela's done well to keep this first set alive
3-5 Daniela breaks to 30, two fantastic return winners
3-6 Cornet breaks to 30 on a double fault, Daniela also got a time violation at 30-30 just as Daniela was throwing the ball, thanks very much umpire :twisted:

At least Daniela played herself into the match, let's hope that she get off to a better start in the 2nd set.

Anyone else notice that the microphones from the other courts are really loud? I think both players are being put off by it

2nd Set Cornet to serve:

0-1 Cornet holds to 15, 2 really easy returns missed by Daniela
1-1 Daniela holds to 30, better serves, got lucky on a mishit though, Cornet is still doing a great job of moving Daniela far out wide, whenever Daniela's in control of a point Cornet scrambles :oops: and Daniela misses :?
1-2 Cornet holds to 15, one bad service game and Daniela will be finished
2-2 Daniela holds to 30, still everything is rushed..
2-3 Cornet holds saving 2 break points, that was the game to win for Daniela, so disappointing :oops: Daniela has to hold as Cornet looked quite tired there. Meanwhile Radwanska is close to losing against Peng so Daniela section is getting weaker. But Daniela has to beat Cornet and I just don't see it right now, unless Cornet collapses.
3-3 Daniela holds to 30
3-4 Cornet holds to 0, Cornet really wants this, she is totally pumped, Daniela must hold, simple as that
3-5 Cornet breaks to 0, absolutely awful game from Daniela, just spraying balls everywhere
3-6 Cornet wins the match to 15

Daniela wasn't good enough today, it's as simple as that, Cornet played smart but nothing special. Daniela needs to sort out her error court. She hit 31 errors to only 15 winners.

Nothing really worked today as even when she had 2 breaks at 2-2 Daniela really played badly and gave Cornet the game and effectively the match. We've also seen Daniela start terribly many times this year especially in the US Open series, she must learn to play solid right from the beginning, the first set is so crucial in women's tennis.

Maybe it will be some relief for Daniela to lose those QF points as now hopefully she can fight hard for the rest of the season to try and get back to the top 30 at least.

To be honest Daniela's game is seriously broken at the moment and I'm not sure what it will take for her to get back to how she should be playing. I would have loved to have watched Safarova vs Daniela as they are my two favouirte players but it wasn't to be. Hopefully Safarova can get through to the 3rd round and destroy Cornet.

Meanwhile Radwanska lost to Peng, another opportunity missed for Daniela to have a gone far as Cornet really didn't do anything special today.

It may be that Daniela will call it quits if she doesn't have decent results by the end of this year. She must be thinking about settling down and having a family, relationships are very difficult to maintain on tour I imagine. I would love to see Daniela go out on a high and I hope that she would at least give us fans fair warning like a farewell year or something rather than drop a bombshell on us.

Last edited by eddy on 27. August 2014 17:55, edited 11 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 17:00 

Local Time:
2nd set:

0-1, Cornet holds to 15.
1-1, Daniela holds to 30.
1-2, Cornet holds to 15.
2-2, Daniela holds to 30.
2-3, Cornet holds from 15-40 after errors from Daniela. She really should have broken then.
3-3, Daniela holds to 30.
3-4, Cornet holds to 0, more errors from Daniela that game.
3-5, Cornet breaks to 0. Daniela's back is really against the wall, this will be one of her greatest ever comebacks to win this. How often this match has Daniela put a down the line shot wide after a cross court exchange?
3-6, Cornet serves out to 15. She won some long rallies that games, especially at 0-15 which went 17 shots before a Daniela error.

This is depressing, it must be awful for Daniela as her ranking will take a big hit.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 18:38 

Local Time:
Barring something amazing in the Asian swing, this will be Daniela's first ever season with a losing record. Painful. The match was on DirecTV, but I could only make myself watch one game. It was the first one that Dani won, yet it was so obvious that her level was poor, and the serve so tough to watch until the last 2 points of the game, that I had to go back to the live scores. I don't think the end is imminent yet, but Daniela must be very discouraged that all the work she puts in can't get her back to the level where she can beat anyone ranked in the top 30. I would rather see her not get involved in this silly league in December; a battery recharge is long overdue for her.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 19:19 

Local Time:
I would rather see her not get involved in this silly league in December; a battery recharge is long overdue for her.

What league is this???

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 19:25 

Local Time:
Daniela's going to play for Singapore in the International Premier Tennis League in from late November through to mid December. It takes place in Asia between teams from Singapore, Manilla, Mumbai and Dubai.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 19:32 

Local Time:
Daniela's going to play for Singapore in the International Premier Tennis League in from late November through to mid December. It takes place in Asia between teams from Singapore, Manilla, Mumbai and Dubai.

What fresh hell is this???? Crazy...that's a lot of effort and a lot of flights for no added value...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 19:55 

Local Time:
Well I was certainly in the mood to see Daniela do the ice-bucket challenge after a performance that,to quote Chandler Bing "sullied the good name of Crap." :x

Eddy,her scheduling has been insane for years so nothing really surprises me in that regard.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 20:37 

Local Time:
Doubles 1st round:

2-1 on serve
2-2, Makarova/Vesnina hold to 0
2-3, Makarova/Vesnina break to 30, Daniela/Schiavone were 30-0.
2-4, Makarova/Vesnina hold to 30. Scoreboard's updating two points at a time.
2-5, Daniela/Schaivone broken to 30.
2-6. Makarova/Vesnina hold out to 15.

2nd set:

1-0, Daniela/Schiavone hold to 30.
1-1, Makarova/Vesnina hold to 15.
2-1, Daniela/Schaivone hold to 30.
2-2, Makarova/Vesnina hold to 30.
2-3, Makarova/Vesnina break to 30.
3-3, Daniela/Schiavone break to 30.
3-4, Makarova/Vesnina brak to 15.
3-5, Makarova/Vesnina hold to 0.
4-5, Daniela/Schiavone save a MP at 30-40, winning the next 3 points.
4-6, Vesnina/Makarova serve out to 30.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 22:00 

Local Time:
All in all a rubbish day at the office...oh well I guess she'll have even more time to work on her game...she shouldn't be too tired as she's not actually played that many matches this summer since WTT lol...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. August 2014 22:25 

Local Time:
I didn't even know the doubles were today. Yuck.
You know, it's actually a relief that we are past New York. I have been troubled about the point loss and ranking drop all year. Now it's happened, it's over, and at the very very least, it wasn't a first round loss. Hey, at least Daniela didn't lose in the opener to a 15 year old!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next