Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati
PostPosted: 12. August 2014 01:55 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 00:22
I was asked by a fellow Daniela Maniac on FB if she had ever been involved in a doubles double bagel. That's affirmative. And classically wacky. In the 2012 AO 2nd round, Daniela and Aga shut out Jasmin Woehr and……drum roll please……Tamara Paszek! Yes, the one and the same I saw Dani double bagel in Carlsbad. What a small world.

Dani faces Makarova on Court 7, 2nd match, preceded by Nara vs. Oprandi, which begins shortly after 11 AM EDT.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. August 2014 17:04 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 06:22
Nara destroyed Oprandi in 45 mins so Daniela is next up.

1-4 and double break down already :( oh Daniela 1-5 Can't win a point off Makarova's serve. 2-6

2-6 broken 2-3, 2-5 Don't know what to say, Daniela completely collapsing.

2-6 2-6 To lose to Makarova like this in just over an hour and barely be competitive is just awful. Daniela won't be seeded for the US Open. This has by far been Daniela's worst year on tour. All the coach changes have been such a confusing time for Daniela and also shows that no one can really help her...of course a lot of opponents have played fantastically against her but I don't think she has rrally played a great match all year to be honest.

Daniela may as well enter next week in Conneticut just to try and win some points to protect her ranking.

I just feel so sad for Daniela at the moment, she just can't win matches these days and her opponents seem to bring their A game against her.

I think it's safe to say that World Team Tennis did Daniela absolutely no favours whatsoever.

Sorry to swear but fuck the wta tour these days...just sucks.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. August 2014 19:22 

Local Time:
To lose to Makarova like this in just over an hour and barely be competitive is just awful.

That's what's grinding at me. It's one blowout loss after the other. We're right back where we were a few years ago when Daniela was simply being overpowered by the stronger players. Since she can't possibly train or practice more than she does, I don't see how that changes.
Maybe you're right about WTT, eddy, but Dani's MVP award looks like the only one she'll win this year, so it's not all bad.
As I started this a commercial came on showing a starving, diseased-racked child, name of Daniela. Maybe that creates some perspective for me. Things can always be worse, way worse.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. August 2014 20:39 

Local Time:
I think Daniela should train less, I am a professional musician and I find if I practice so much, yes I play well but I play best when I practice a good amount but not too much as I am more free and give a better performance. Eastbourne was a prime example where Daniela seemed to be practicing constantly and then she gave that dreadful performance against Davis.

I know tennis isn't music but I also play tennis and I do find some similarities..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. August 2014 20:42 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 05:22
Ugh, this must be terrible for Daniela that she's trying her best but she just can't seem to make any sort of impact against anyone vaguely decent. Apparently she's not won a set in her last 13 matches against top 20 opponents, sometimes she's been competitive like against Bouchard at Wimbledon but the last two weeks have been depressing.

Daniela's record in the US Open series the past couple of years has been poor so I think she played WTT to try something different and have some confidence and momentum coming into the tournaments. Who knows how different things could have been if her second serve had been better against Muguruza or if she'd won the first game against Wozniacki.

Zhang & Nara have both won here so there goes Daniela's chance of a seeding at the US Open although Daniela needed to do better than them here to go above them for the seeding.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. August 2014 21:33 

Local Time:
I feel like it's almost like Daniela has a mental block when it comes to these big tournaments...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. August 2014 04:05 

Local Time:
It took until after 10:00 PM for the order of play to be posted, but it's out. Daniela doubles is on Court 4, with three contests before it. Play begins shortly after 11:00 AM.
It's beyond ridiculous to post the schedule for the next day that late. My wife and I had given some thought to going to see Daniela in Cincinnati this year. Trying to imagine having to wait that long to plan our day. (BTW, life has not allowed for us to see our gal in person this year. See that, Dani, things aren't all that bad in your life! :lol: )

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. August 2014 17:24 

Local Time:
Kerber just beat Makarova 64 61...an even worse sign for Daniela's level of play...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. August 2014 18:14 

Local Time:
Errani's singles began at about 12:40. The men's match before Barbora's singles is over, but her contest is not allowed to begin until after 1:30. Of course, Daniela's doubles starts "after suitable rest". Gee, I wonder who's getting more time to rest suitably? Can you say preferential treatment? :x

Sometimes, the best laid plans of charletans and connivers are trumped by a higher power. Stephens beat Barbora in straight sets in 1:15. Meantime, Sabine Lisicki and Errani went to the mat. In a match that featured innumerable deuces and ads, 17 service breaks and 18 double faults by Lisicki, Sabine won a 3rd set tiebreaker after 2 hrs. 51 minutes.
(I shant chortle too much. They could still choose to postpone the match until tomorrow.)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. August 2014 23:40 

Local Time:
Doubles 2nd round:

3-4
3-5, Zahlavova Strycova broken from 40-15 up, served a DF
3-6, Daniela and Zahlavova Strycova were 30-40 but chemical sisters win the set.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. August 2014 23:51 

Local Time:
2nd set:

1-0, Daniela & Barbora hold to 15
2-0, Chemical sisters broken to 0.
3-0, Daniela & Barbora hold to 15
4-0, Daniela & Barbora break to 30.
4-1, Chemical sisters break to 15.
4-2, Vinci holds to 30.
4-3, broken to 15.
4-4, Lance Errani saves 2 BPs to hold.
5-4, Daniela & Barbora hold to 30.
5-5, Vinci holds to 15.
5-6, broken to 30.
5-7, Lance Errani serves out to 30, Daniela & Barbora saved a MP.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2014 00:29 

Local Time:
The 3-4 game was 0-40. In her service games, Barbora had 7 game points. They have had their chances.
Dani and Barbora have won 12 of the first 14 points in the second set.
Up 4-0 to 4-4; reality sucks.
5-7. For heaven's sake, how many punches to the gut are we supposed to be able to absorb? :|

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2014 00:40 

Local Time:
This sucks. The Chemical Sisters are a good team but they're a pair of bitches, Vinci's just about tolerable but Errani is complete scum and she's Vinci's best mate so fuck them.
Daniela & Barbora were in control in the second set but let them off the hook and losing the 8th game when they had the BPs, but couldn't convert. If they'd won that game then they'd have taken it to the Supertiebreak and would have had momentum going into it.

Amazing how someone that played for almost 3 hours in the heat had so much stamina, but then again you will have if you work with Lance Armstrong's old doctor.

I've got to admit that Zahlavova Strycova's the best partner that Daniela's had for a while and it would be good if they could play together at the US Open as they could do well there with a decent draw.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2014 01:45 

Local Time:
Here's a little solace, Chungwit. The moron that we zinged with our best one-liners on FB withdrew his post. Daniela Maniacs rule!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2014 11:55 

Local Time:
Is Daniela playing New Haven?

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next