Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: World Team Tennis
PostPosted: 16. July 2014 23:00 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 13:09
God,Azarenka was obnoxious last night.

Would it surprise you that I watched with the sound off?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. July 2014 00:45 

Local Time:
Boston won for the first time last night. They won men's singles tonight, 5-2. Boston is the hottest team in the league! Daniela and Kveta have to put a stop to this nonsense.
Doubles: And to some extent they did. A 5-3 win. Daniela was broken in the first game despite getting 4-5 1st serves in, but breaks would not be unusual. Only 3 of the 8 games were won by the server. Daniela was one of them, winning the pivotal 2-2 game on a 3-all point, very big. She ended up being 10-12 1st serves in, yet won only 5 of them. No aces, 1DF. Boston's lead was trimmed to 8-7.
Men's doubles came through with a 5-2 win. The Aviators lead 12-10 at the break. Daniela faces Sharon Fichman next.
Singles: Shutout! Bagel! Dani's most dominant singles win in WTT. She took control by overcoming a 3-2 deficit for a break in the second game, followed by a rally from 0-3 down to hold. Her final service game was 4-0. How about 16-17 1st serves in (94%); 26-29 (90%) combined singles and doubles! She won 12-16 1st serve points, 0-1 on 2nd serve. No DF'S or aces. I can't get a breakdown on Fichman's singles stats, but overall she was 9-27 converting 1st serve points, so Dani had to have done quite well returning. This girl is on fire! San Diego leads 17-10.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 17. July 2014 02:55, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. July 2014 02:16 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 19:09
Daniela and Peschke win 5-3 against Moulton-Levy and Fichman

Daniela wins 5-0 against Fichman AWESOME!

:beer:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. July 2014 02:52 

Local Time:
Daniela wins 5-0 against Fichman AWESOME! :beer:
Yeah, that's a pretty good word for her. :)
Boston won mixed, 5-2. San Diego leads 19-15. This is the situation that triggers overtime. All the Aviators have to do is win one game before Boston gets to 19, and the match is over. The mixed teams remain out there.
Kveta/Klaasen made lightning quick work of it. Final score: San Diego 20, Boston 15.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. July 2014 15:31 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 18:09
WOOF! Daniela gave Fichman an absolute beasting. Her aggregate score in the match was 10-3.

Playing regularly is getting her into a good rhythm, she's used to the WTT rules and her level at the moment is better than it was when she started last week. Daniela's enjoying it and she enjoying her tennis.

Once again thanks for the updates and report, Alex & eddy.

Full results & stats:

Continuing their week-long road trip on Wednesday, the San Diego Aviators defeated the Boston Lobsters 20-15, lifting them back into first place in the Mylan World TeamTennis Western Conference.

Daniela Hantuchova was a difference-maker for the Aviators (6-3), winning the fourth set of women’s singles with a 5-0 line over Sharon Fichman to put the Aviators ahead 17-10.

“It was a terrific effort from our team to rise above the fatigue and get the win,” coach Dave Macpherson said. “Daniela was tremendous in women’s singles.”

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. July 2014 02:14 

Local Time:
Daniela and Peschke win 5-0 in the women's doubles against Govortsova and Kops-Jones, SWEET

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. July 2014 02:21 

Local Time:
Been wracking my brains trying to figure how under any other circumstances Daniela would end up in Springfield, Missouri!
Men's doubles got waylaid, 5-2. Hurry up, Bryan brothers!
Doubles: Another bagel! :beer: Daniela and Kveta speared Kops-Jones and Govortsova. I am especially pleased to see our gal beat Kops-Jones. The second break came after Dani/Kveta fell behind 3-0. Daniela then served it out to 0. This pair is now 8-2, and arguably the best doubles team in WTT. Dani was 7-9 1st serves in, winning 6 of the 7, and a near 2-2 on 2nd serve. No DF'S, 1 ace. Let's take a collection and get Daniela her own plane, under the condition she has to ride in it every day! San Diego takes a 7-5 lead. That was extended to 12-8 by Kveta/Klaasen. Daniela plays next against Govortsova.
Singles: Daniela won the first game, which extended her combined singles/doubles streak to 14 games straight. However, this being her first time in WTT and it's outlandish travel, it has been beyond amazing how well she's played, and I kept waiting for her to crash into a wall. That's what happened. Govortsova won 5-3, breaking Dani in her last 2 service games. She got the first one back, then was up 3-2, but it got away. Oh well, better she hits a wall now then in the first round at Stanford.
Stats show it. 50% on 1st serve (winning 8 of 12), 4-12 2nd serve, 2 DF'S, 0 aces. Frustrating…she can't get to .500 in singles, now 4-6. San Diego leads 15-13.
Good night nurse. By dropping serve thrice, Devverman allowed Springfield to tie the tie at 18, setting up a super tiebreak which Michael Russell won easily. Of San Diego's 4 losses, at least 3 of them have been by one point, all of which were blown when entering the final set with the lead. Thankfully, they don't play tomorrow. Daniela clearly can use the breather.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. July 2014 08:55 

Local Time:
That's a bad loss. Govortsova blows big time.

SomDev being outgunned by Grampa Mike Russell. :wall:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. July 2014 11:10 

Local Time:
This is disappointing as Govortsova is someone that Daniela should beat pretty easily. However, as Alex said, Daniela's been doing an awful lot of travelling and fatigue has to have been a factor. Daniela can get a day off today and after tomorrow's match at Austin, San Diego's at home for their final three regular season games and the Bryans will be there which will strengthen the mens doubles if nothing else.

Springfield Lasers sounds like something from The Simpsons

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. July 2014 18:22 

Local Time:
Not going to read too much in to the loss to Govortsova, she is an experienced WTT player and Daniela has been on the road for almost a week now.

To be honest I don't think it matters if Daniela doesn't get to the playoffs as that will give her more time to prepare for Stanford, I just think it's really good that Daniela has been playing competitive tennis this whole summer and not having 3 weeks of training as to be honest sometimes I think she trains too much...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. July 2014 23:57 

Local Time:
To be honest I don't think it matters if Daniela doesn't get to the playoffs as that will give her more time to prepare for Stanford, I just think it's really good that Daniela has been playing competitive tennis this whole summer and not having 3 weeks of training as to be honest sometimes I think she trains too much...

You know, part of me agrees; a few days off will help quite a bit. On the other hand, there's not many chances left for Daniela to extend her streak to 4 straight years of winning a tournament on tour, and Fed Cup was disastrous for her this year. So in a way, the other part of me would love to see San Diego win the championship with Dani as an integral part of it, figuring that likely will give her real joy. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. :|

Non-neutral news: Results from Istanbul today guarantee that Daniela will move up a spot to #31 on Monday. :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. July 2014 20:19 

Local Time:
Austin chose to make this a matinee. Every time so far, Daniela has played doubles in the second match and singles in the fourth, with an intermission right before that. For the first time today, she will play back-to-back sets. She'll play fourth up with Kveta and then the finale, probably against Zvonareva, who I would hate to see her lose to a third time.
Daniela comes into play with Austin leading 13-12.
Doubles: (Daniela/Kveta vs. Zvonareva/Bartoli……brought to you by Geritol) Sweet! 5-2 for Dani/Kveta. Daniela won both her service games, surrendering 2 points total. 80% 1st serves in, winning 7-8. No DF'S, 1 ace. San Diego leads, 17-15, and it's our gal against Zoner in the finale.
Singles……Ohhhhhhh, Yeah! :wav:
5-3 Daniela! She broke Vera in the first game, gave it right back, then broke her again in the fifth game, and from there basically said You Had Your Chance, Zoner, Now The Door Slams Shut! Final game was served out by Dani to 0. So she pretty well won this match for the Aviators, despite some serve troubles. 12-21 1st in, 10-12 pts. won. 3-9 2nd serve. 1 DF, 1 ace, 2-4 break pts. converted. All that matters, of course, is that Daniela got the win, and over a WTT nemesis. Final score: San Diego 22, Austin 18.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. July 2014 22:52 

Local Time:
Wow! How come this was scheduled so early????

Totally missed it!!!

But amazing win by Daniela!!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. July 2014 23:04 

Local Time:
I dunno, eddy. Almost no one ever schedules matinees in WTT. Part of its basic premise is for the fans to be rowdy, and 1:00 PM on a Saturday is hardly a rowdy time. (Maybe it is in the Premier League.) No matter what, it's a day to be really proud of Daniela, winning back-to-back sets to take the tie for San Diego in her 6th city in 7 days. She's fabulous!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. July 2014 00:54 

Local Time:
Wow! How come this was scheduled so early????

Totally missed it!!!

But amazing win by Daniela!!

I'll second that, eddy.

I just assumed that it would be a 7pm start like every other match has been so I was surprised that it had been played but delighted by the result. Daniela really came through to win the match for San Diego when Austin were aheadd in games and had momentum. She played well with Kvate Peschke again - I'd like to see them as a team on the main tour - and she got her revenge against Zvonareva and played well again, especially when she got her first serve in. Her second serve could have been better but judging by the stats her overall performance was really good she was was crucial in the Aviators winning coming through in the last two matches to win the tie.

The eternal roadtrip is over and the Aviators are at home for the rest of the regular season, it's appropriate that a team named the Aviators would be doing so much flying. The Bryans are coming to shore up the doubles so things are looking up for San Diego.

Thanks for the match report, Alex.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next