Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 1. July 2014 16:04 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 11:59
So happy for Lucie Safarova to make her maiden Grand Slan semi-final! I wished her good luck last week as she walked past me and she said thanks with a big smile on her face. Hope Lucie goes the whole way. She's so gorgeous too and seems a really lovely girl.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2014 17:30 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 10:59
No news on what happened in the doubles. Daniela & Lucic-Baroni were the underdogs against a very good team but it would have been great for them to play and see what happens.

I think we'll all be in the Genie Army again tomorrow. It's amazing how Kerber, who has no real talent apart from running around a lot, is able to go from barely in the top 100 to going deep in slams by running around a bit more. We all know what a cheating bitch she is. GO GENIE or maybe it should be ALLEH GENIE.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2014 17:52 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 05:59
So happy for Lucie Safarova to make her maiden Grand Slan semi-final! I wished her good luck last week as she walked past me and she said thanks with a big smile on her face. Hope Lucie goes the whole way. She's so gorgeous too and seems a really lovely girl.

Cool, eddy. Similar to me at La Costa when Domi passed by me in a lobby and flashed a grin. Of course, Domi has pretty well sucked ever since……hope she never puts two and two together! :eeek:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. July 2014 20:57 

Local Time:
The Facebook page of Croatian Tennis about the withdrawal at Wimbledon:

"Kraj za Mirjanu Lucic-Baroni na Wimbledonu ! Lucic i Hantuchova zaustavljene su u drugom kolu parova protiv Ruske kombinacije Makarova/ Vesnina. Nasa kombinacija mec je predala bez borbe, a razlog je vjerojatno neka povreda Lucic, posto je Mirjana ovaj tjedan trebala igrati Challenger u Francuskoj s kojeg se povukla."

"End of Mirjana Lucic-Baroni at Wimbledon! Lucic and Hantuchova were stopped in the second round against the Russian pairs Makarova / Vesnina. Our combination of mec surrendered without a fight, and the reason is probably an injury (povreda) of Lucic, Mirjana was to play this week a Challenger in France from which she withdrew."

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2014 21:35 

Local Time:
Thanks for that, Jean Raj. It's so unfortunate for Daniela that her doubles partner has withdrawn before the second round for the last two Wimbledons, although the brightside is that at least there's nothing wrong with Daniela. eddy mentioned the Lucic-Baroni had had injury problems at Eastbourne so it doesn't look like she's recovered.

Cool, eddy. Similar to me at La Costa when Domi passed by me in a lobby and flashed a grin. Of course, Domi has pretty well sucked ever since……hope she never puts two and two together! :eeek:

Cibulkova was playing really well at the start of the year getting to the Australian Open final and winning Acapulco. Her form dipped after she skipped the Fed Cup tie against Canada to play Kuala Lumpur and got a lot of criticism for that in Slovakia. She lost there to Vekic and her form since has been pretty average.
I think you're off the hook for that, Alex.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. July 2014 01:40 

Local Time:
My apologies to Daniela for my foolish attempt to sensationalize the doubles withdrawal. I don't normally do that, so in the future this will be left to those employed on Fleet Street.
It's still puzzling, though. Each time that match was scheduled and re-scheduled, it seemed like they were ready to go. Had Makarova finished bageling Aga just before the rain delay, it would seem that the doubles match would have proceeded after the delay was over. You don't suppose that Lucic's psycho father hit her across the ankles with a baseball bat during the delay!? Just hard to figure how she was all of a sudden too injured to play.

Daniela's San Diego Aviators begin play one week from today. How can I complain...it brings her to America for 3 extra weeks! Hope this works out for her and she enjoys it. Yesterday I saw an article that said that some knowledgeable observers of the WTA think that Dani is thissssssssss close to being in top 20 form, and that when tournament play resumes, she may well be that player that no one wants to draw in the first round. In World Team Tennis, barring injury, our gal will be playing one or two matches most every night. Barring any misfortune, this could be a terrific sharpening experience that could nicely benefit her in the US Open Series. (Wait a minute....as a dyed in the wool Daniela fan, that's just a bit too logical!) Fingers crossed!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. July 2014 02:33 

Local Time:
Oh, and.....WHOOOA, What A Surprise....Makarova/Vesnina went down meekly to Georges/Groenefeld, 6-3, 6-3. Ever since that joyous first night with Hingis in LaCosta, has anyone been more snakebit in ladies doubles than Daniela?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. July 2014 17:58 

Local Time:
Bouchard through to semis, what a sucky draw it was for Daniela.

Cornet and Daniela remain the only players to get at least 5 games in a set against Bouchard.

I honestly think Daniela played top 15 tennis against Bouchard. Even a slightly kinder draw could have allowee Daniela to reach the 2nd week. I guess it's aanother if only tournament.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. July 2014 18:42 

Local Time:
Perhaps Kerber has learned that it's a lot harder to cheat when the proper technology exists on the court. That's a part of her incident with Daniela that really gets me going. The French Open can't afford to put the technology in place? Do they really believe that the patrons and the TV viewers enjoy watching players calling officials over to point at the ball mark in the clay? This s--t never would have happened if Daniela had the ability to challenge the call. Cannot ever understand why it's OK to play under different rules in different venues, or even on different courts in the same tourney. Guess I'll take this rant to the afterlife, 'cause nothing's ever going to change.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. July 2014 22:58 

Local Time:
Bouchard's the only player to have reached the semi-final of all the slams this year, so of course Daniela draws her in the first round and Daniela played very well and gave Bouchard her biggest test this tournament. Daniela's performance was good enough to beat most of the other players.

In the last four slams the players that have beaten Daniela are Azarenka, Serena Williams, Kerber and Bouchard all of whom are, or in Bouchard's case will be, in the top 10. It's taken a quality player and Kerber to beat Daniela at the slams. Daniela has to bring her slam form to the tour and if she does she'll get more wins and get her ranking up.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. July 2014 23:17 

Local Time:
So well put Chungwit. I guess we're all feeling a little crestfallen right now...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. July 2014 00:01 

Local Time:
Fervent Daniela fans like us know the overwhelming feeling of woulda-coulda-shoulda what might have been so often. Thankfully we have each other to commiserate with and share the feelings. Let's remember as well things like last year in Birmingham and New York, where everything fell into place for Daniela with upsets, and she gave us phenomenal displays of talent and her humungous heart (I bet both Schaivone and Glushko still can't figure out how they lost those matches). Or, in my case, seeing her get her only career double bagel victory live and in person. Yeah, that's not been the case for months now, but we have lived through many a Daniela drought and seen her rise from the ashes like a phoenix and bring us pure joy. Never give up on the good times!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. July 2014 16:55 

Local Time:
Bouchard makes the final and if she plays well she will beat Kvitova as Kvitova will make lots of mistakes.

Daniela was the only player to be a break up in each set against Bouchard and the only player who had a chance to serve for a set. I really hope that Daniela can realise that and take heart and encouragement from that.

I think Bouchard will look back at her match with Daniela and be very relieved (and almost lucky) that she managed to scrape through against Daniela back in round 1.

For me Bouchard's a little to up her own ass for me to support her after this tournament. I'm only glad she's done well here and wins the whole thing as it puts Daniela's loss into context.

Weirdly I'm more proud of Daniela from that 1st round loss than I have been since USOpen last year.;)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. July 2014 17:53 

Local Time:
Bouchard does parp out a load of cliched shite like some cult leader moonlighting as a motivational speaker, "Looking forward to the challenge, eh" and she likes Justin Beiber :shock:

Mind you, she spent her childhood slaving away down the maple syrup mines and having to fight off moose and beavers on the way to work. Seeing your friends die in a vat of syrup or get gored by a elk does things to a girl. A tough upbringing like that goes a long way towards determining someone's character.

She gave Kerber a doing at the last two slams which goes a long way to redeeming her in my eyes.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. July 2014 19:50 

Local Time:
Contrarian again, I want Petra to win. That way, the Wimbledon champ will be someone Daniela beat in their last meeting, not someone she came so agonizingly close to. Feels better that way.
Oddly, I just get a feeling that Bouchard might be the next Capriati/Jaeger/Lucic and flame right out.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next