Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 24. June 2014 20:31 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 12:53
She played some brilliant tennis at times, but when it most mattered she would revert back to horrible shot selection and silly errors (that DF to get broken was too much)... she got herself in winning positions many times to only mess up with an UE. While I understand she is human, she was up a break on both sets, and served for the first, and she also was up 3 game points in the last game only to get broken and give away the match.

Kudos to Bouchard because she was strong and got the points that mattered. Daniela is way more talented, but she is very frustrating to watch... some beautiful tennis and then some horrible errors plus bad decisions. It's a pity, I do want to see her end her career on a high note, but she seems to be free falling this year.

Of course, this rant is just more about frustration; she had a really unkind draw, and Bouchard is brimming with confidence for being the most hyped player in a while.

I'm just sad Daniela has not improved this year as much as she could.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2014 21:39 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 11:53
I think this could be the end of Daniela as she is working so hard for no reward at the moment.

End game. We are smack in the middle of that stage, guys. How long it goes and in what manner is up to Daniela. She can still play, as was shown today at times. But no matter how much she works or how great shape she keeps herself, it's a simple fact of life that she is not a strong first server anymore, and that she's over 30 and the influx of young guns keeps growing. You can't survive when you're sending the ball to the opponent at 95 MPH and they send it to you at 110. Daniela's rank will drop, especially after New York, and so she will draw more and more Bouchards and almost no Paszeks.
Daniela owes us no more than her best effort each time out. She gave us that today. Yes, there were missed chances and it's excruciating to her and us. But we just have to face ever growing reality. I sincerely believe there will be joyous days, more good wins, more upset wins. They'll just be fewer and further between.
Oh, well. Maybe the first of those joyous days is a 5th mixed doubles title. Never give up on the good times.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2014 16:49 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 16:53
Daniela & Lucic-Baroni are a set up in doubles, 1-1 in the second. Moore lost 9-7 in the third to Zvonareva in her singles match earlier today, so she'll probably be a bit tired.

2-1, Daniela & Lucic-Baroni break to 15.
3-1, Daniela & Lucic-Baroni hold on their 2nd GP after coming back from 0-30, served an ace & 2 DFs that game.
3-2, Moore & Konta win 4 straight points to hold form 0-30.
3-3, Daniela & Lucic-Baroni are broken to 0.
4-3, Daniela & Lucic-Baroni break on their 3rd BP, went from 15-40 to deuce before they won the next 2 points.
5-3, Daniela & Lucic-Baroni hold to 0.
5-4, Moore & Konta hold to 15.
6-4, Daniela & Lucic-Baroni serve out to 0.
:wav: :wav:

A pretty decent win and Daniela has at least one win at Wimbledon. A run in doubles isn't the same as a run in singles but it's a nice balm and it's always nice when Daniela wins.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2014 17:17 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 17:53
Won the doubles 64 64 at least that's some small consolation.

I expect Vesnina and Makarova will be next which will be so much tougher. Would be great if Daniela can have a deep run in doubles here. Any news on mixed?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2014 17:23 

Local Time:
Mixed doubles draw is out and Daniela hasn't entered, eddy.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2014 17:30 

Local Time:
Hey-Hey! Roll with it, baby!
Nice win. Unlike yesterday, when each set reached 5-4, Dani and Lucic-Baroni were able to serve it out. Would be sweet for Daniela to achieve a major in doubles, but there's a lot of land mines between her team and a title. At least, they drew a first round team that they could beat.
Sorry, guys. Mixed draw is out and Daniela's not in it.
Anybody look at the stats for the doubles match? Would you believe.....for Dani and Lucic, 8 aces, 37 of 49 1st serves in, and a beyond ridiculous 33 of 37 (89%) points won on the first serves that were in :!: :!: :?: I know Lucic did half the serving, but Daniela's serve numbers must have been pretty incredible as well. Bring that more to singles, young lady!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. June 2014 02:26 

Local Time:
OK, guys. I shall assume that you have seen or will see how Djokovic conceded a key 4th set point when he was offered the chance to replay the point. He received a standing ovation from the fans for his sportsmanship. Wonder how Ms. Kerber feels. :evil:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. June 2014 21:54 

Local Time:
No doubles 2nd round play tomorrow. Their opponents have still not played their 1st round, due to rain delay.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2014 19:39 

Local Time:
Makarova/Vesnina survived a 2 hr. 41 min. marathon over Begu/Knapp, 6-7(8), 6-4, 6-4. Makarova played singles earlier on. Daniela, meantime, has had 2 days off (during which, around her practices/workouts, I imagine she cleaned out every fashion shoppe in greater London ;)). Am I stupid enough to think her and Lucic have an edge now? Nah. No way do Makarova/Vesnina play tomorrow like they did today; likely much higher level tomorrow. So, I can be right, or I can be happy!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2014 19:42 

Local Time:
Daniela & Lucic-Baroni play Vesnina & Makarova in doubles after they beat Begu & Knapp in three sets.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. June 2014 20:13 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is second on court 11 after a ladies doubles match, play starts at 11:30 am.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2014 13:49 

Local Time:
It wouldn't be Wimbledon without rain.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2014 16:13 

Local Time:
Any chance of resumption of play today?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 28. June 2014 17:05 

Local Time:
No, Daniela's double match is officially cancelled for today. That's Wimbledon ;)

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2014 20:17 

Local Time:
Bouchard beat Petkovic and controlled the match. Daniela was the better player for most of the match against Bouchard but couldn't put Bouchard away and then Bouchard has fairly comfortable wins in her next two matches.

Cornet beat Serena Williams :lol: so she's next for Bouchard. It just shows what could have been for Daniela and how important the draw is.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next