Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Aegon International, Eastbourne
PostPosted: 18. June 2014 17:12 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 18:36
I think the court was the big factor. There isn't much room at the back of court 3 so subconsciously it can be off-putting along with with it being the first court nearest the entrance so lots of people milling around.

Urgh, why did I predict the future yesterday so well? So annoying.

I guess silver lining is that Daniela can prepare well for her first round at Wimbledon which could be on Monday.

There are actually a lot of seeded players that I think Daniela can scare and we have to remember that in 2009 Daniela was unseeded and made the 4th round. Of all the slams this is the one where I think the difference between being seeded and unseeded makes the least difference as the grass season is so short it's anyone's game.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2014 18:40 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 12:36
Daniela's 31 and she's still going. We've got to appreciate that Daniela's still playing, she still wins and she's still doing what she loves and she's respected by her peers.
In a much more succinct form, that's kind of what I'm saying. Dani clearly still loves playing and the lifestyle, and she will make us happy with any number of results for awhile. There's just going to be more days like this, too.

in 2009 Daniela was unseeded and made the 4th round.
Thanks for the reminder. I just looked it up, and Daniela was unseeded in New York last year as well. Guess that makes me feel a little better. Let me be clear that I'm not writing Daniela off, just reality checking.

If anyone checks Dani's FB page, she had been consistently placing messages there for many months. Her last one was June 10. It was on the 11th that she lost to Date-Krumm. That day, there was more vile s--t posted by degenerates than I had ever seen there, by far. It included comments that she threw the match, which again I had never seen there before. Daniela has not had a message placed there since. It would not surprise me if she never does again. Shame.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. June 2014 22:30 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 11:36
( Daniela's 31 and she's still going. We've got to appreciate that Daniela's still playing, she still wins and she's still doing what she loves and she's respected by her peers.)

Precisely, it doesn't get any better than that!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2014 23:06 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 17:36
i hope you have a good time at Eastbourne tomorrow, eddy, even though Daniela won't be playing. Hopefully you can get to see her practising and there are a lot of good matches tomorrow.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2014 23:26 

Local Time:
Hey guys. My parents were at Daniela's match today and they know how much I love her. But they said Daniela's attitude on court was really bad. She took a toilet break after losing the first set and when she came back barely put a ball in play and didn't run for many balls. My parents said she looked like she didn't want to be there and was barely jigging up and down between points. After 0-3 down in the second she started wanting it more but it was too late.

Clearly something was had happened between her win yesterday and the match today...but whatever it is hopefully Daniela can get in a good place mentally for Wimbledon. Clearly that's the problem with Daniela. She is too emotional a player so her mood affects how she plays too much. My parents said Lauren Davis lpoked like a club player at times so it wasn't like Davis played lights out tennis.

Anyway thought you guys would appreciate that report. I don't think I will go tomorrow as I have quite a bit of work and sleep to catch up on but I am going to Wimbledon 3 days next week so hope to see Daniela in action then.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2014 00:37 

Local Time:
Thanks for the report, eddy. It's difficult to know why Daniela seemed to lack motivation and focus. I'm speculating that she may have been put out that she was on the smallest court and also that she didn't have too much to play for as this isn't going to make a difference to her seeding - or lack of one - for Wimbledon and also that she may have been saving herself for Wimbledon. She could just have got up on the wrong side of bed. It was still a very winnable match and it's disappointing that Daniela didn't seem to give it her best effort and lost it rather than Davis winning it. Having said that, she a human being and not an automaton and everyone has bad days.

The important thing is that Daniela plays well at Wimbledon and she gets a decent draw there.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2014 00:39 

Local Time:
Hey guys. My parents were at Daniela's match today and they know how much I love her. But they said Daniela's attitude on court was really bad. She took a toilet break after losing the first set and when she came back barely put a ball in play and didn't run for many balls. My parents said she looked like she didn't want to be there and was barely jigging up and down between points. After 0-3 down in the second she started wanting it more but it was too late.

Clearly something was had happened between her win yesterday and the match today...but whatever it is hopefully Daniela can get in a good place mentally for Wimbledon. Clearly that's the problem with Daniela. She is too emotional a player so her mood affects how she plays too much. My parents said Lauren Davis lpoked like a club player at times so it wasn't like Davis played lights out tennis.

Anyway thought you guys would appreciate that report. I don't think I will go tomorrow as I have quite a bit of work and sleep to catch up on but I am going to Wimbledon 3 days next week so hope to see Daniela in action then.

Honestly,if her mood is bad I can't really say I'm surprised-too many things have gone wrong this season.

And her coaching situation is bananas-Sanchez says he's going to be bedridden for 4 months,yet turns up coaching Puig 2 months later,beating Daniela in the process. Lundgen no shows the French Open,yet turns up for Birmingham-and a mere week later,now Hogstedt is in charge, It makes no sense. :dunno:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2014 01:05 

Local Time:
Either what eddy's parents reported is extremely dismaying, or we're in the Twilight Zone. Actually, I'll let you guys write this post for me and help me try to add this all up.
Monday...eddy writes: "Daniela clearly is the hardest worker out there. She practiced for about 3 hours in the morning".
Tuesday...Daniela wins 7-5 6-1!!!!!!!
Wednesday...Daniela's attitude on court was really bad. She took a toilet break after losing the first set and when she came back barely put a ball in play and didn't run for many balls. My parents said she looked like she didn't want to be there
It makes no sense.
Precisely.
The only thing this adds up to is.....I guess I know why I call us Daniela fans Maniacs!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2014 01:47 

Local Time:
Maybe the coaching situation mess is getting to her, she probably has had so many mixed messages in her ears recently and maybe it's all been a bit much. Hogsteade is know to be harsh. Who knows maybe she had a fight with a boyfriend...either way a day to forget.

She looked so motivated in the Vinci match on youtube and I really felt like she was up for it this week so what a U turn as Alex shows in his post.

Still excited for the draw on Friday. Really feel anything is possible, hell if Bartoli can win Wimbledon then for sure Daniela can!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2014 17:23 

Local Time:
Keys defeated Davis 6-2 6-1

In the commentary Annabel Croft said Daniela was off her game yesterday against Davis and Davis just stuck to her game.

That really is a shame from Daniela.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. June 2014 20:48 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 01:36
Keys defeated Davis 6-2 6-1

In the commentary Annabel Croft said Daniela was off her game yesterday against Davis and Davis just stuck to her game.

That really is a shame from Daniela.

Just like what happened against Kimiko last week :(
Hoping for a nice draw in Wimby and a good run there!...go Dani

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2014 22:35 

Local Time:
Daniela seemed relaxed and happy at the wta live players party, hell maybe we she just wanted to there tonight and not on court.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2014 20:17 

Local Time:
Keys beat Kerber to win the title which was good as, quite frankly, balls to Kerber. It was amazing how often Kerber complained about decisions to the umpire. After the shit she got away with at Roland Garros she shouldn't question a call ever again, but she did the bloody brass-necked hypocrite that she is. I don't think she's going to get any close calls going her way for a long time and she lost so :lol: :haha:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2014 22:20 

Local Time:
I would say that Madison held all the keys needed to beat cheater!
This result shows that it's highly likely that had Daniela dropped Davis, that's as far as she would have gone. Makes it a little easier to put that in the rear-view mirror and focus on Wimbledon.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2014 21:21 

Local Time:
Davis just beat Pennetta in straight sets at Wimbledon, so she's in good form right now. It is amazing the number of players who have a surge in form when they play Daniela.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3