Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Aegon Classic, Birmingham
PostPosted: 12. June 2014 20:23 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 07:34
No worse experience than watching Daniela playing that badly on grass with Nigel Sears commentating. :wall:

Once again poor returning cost her dear.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. June 2014 20:40 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 01:34
Is there any chance that we might soon hear of an injury? Otherwise, this is a totally inexplicable, and exceptionally Krummy, result. A bad day, possibly. But as defending champion who played so well against a rising young star two days ago, on a surface and court she loves, it escapes logic. You know, Daniela didn't get super draws after squeezing out seeds in Melbourne and Paris, so maybe somehow this will work out.
Oh well, time to reminisce about La Costa and look at my T-shirt!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. June 2014 20:49 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 14:34
OMG :help: I can not accept this defeat... I thought she's going to win this match but....I don't know I'm :tape:

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. June 2014 22:55 

Local Time:
Daniela wasn't happy with the tension of the strings. After going down 2-3 she asked for them to be strung 1kg more so maybe she needs to have two different sets of rackets with different tensions from the start of the match.

My reasons behind Lungdren not being a good match for Daniela is that he does not know the women's game enough. I feel like he is learning on the job so to speak and if he goes on to coach another wta player after Daniela will probably give better advice. He doesn't even know half the players on tour. Also Lungdren wasn't there at the french and daniela played some beautiful tennis. I think she plays better on instinct rather than instruction.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2014 00:52 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 06:34
No worse experience than watching Daniela playing that badly on grass with Nigel Sears commentating. :wall:

That's probably used to torture people in Guantanamo Bay.

The thing with Sears criticising Daniela is that if she's crap then what the fuck does that make him considering he coached her for years and he spent most of the time messing her up and stealing money from her. All the problems that Daniela had under Sears were repeated by Ivanovic when he coached her so that says it all about what a fucking lousy coach and person Sears is.
Fuck that cunt, his biggest achievement in tennis is providing the jizz that resulted in Andy Murray's fuckbuddy. I'm assuming it was his jizz and not the milkman's or the postman's. Might as well get Mirka Federer's dad or Jelena Ristic's dad to commentate, I'm sure that they'd both be a million times better than Sears.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2014 14:43 

Local Time:
Date Krumm making 30+ errors to lose to Dellacqua 61 60 in 50 minutes...typical...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2014 14:43 

Local Time:
Date Krumm making 30+ errors to lose to Dellacqua 61 60 in 50 minutes...typical...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2014 14:46 

Local Time:

That's probably used to torture people in Guantanamo Bay.

The thing with Sears criticising Daniela is that if she's crap then what the fuck does that make him considering he coached her for years and he spent most of the time messing her up and stealing money from her. All the problems that Daniela had under Sears were repeated by Ivanovic when he coached her so that says it all about what a fucking lousy coach and person Sears is.
Fuck that cunt, his biggest achievement in tennis is providing the jizz that resulted in Andy Murray's fuckbuddy. I'm assuming it was his jizz and not the milkman's or the postman's. Might as well get Mirka Federer's dad or Jelena Ristic's dad to commentate, I'm sure that they'd both be a million times better than Sears.

What's interesting is how little he has to say. You listen to Lindsay Davenport or Sam Smith,and you learn a great deal about what Daniela is doing on the WTA circuit. Sears seems to specialize in stating the bleeding obvious.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. June 2014 15:18 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 14:34
Sears...may he rest in peace idiot :twisted:

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2014 19:02 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 01:34
Haven't found a report about an injury. That leads one to think of a possibility...yesterday was Daniela's T.T.O.T.M., day 2.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2014 19:10 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 06:34
AEGON CLASSIC

June 12, 2014

Daniela Hantuchova

BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND

K. DATE‑KRUMM/D. Hantuchova
6‑4, 6‑0

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Did Kimi surprise you there today?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, she did actually. I did not expect her to play this well. I know she can play well on grass, but I think today she played one of her best matches.

Q. How are you feeling about your couple of matches here?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: No, I feel good. Going into the match, I felt very confident. I thought, you know, I had those chances early in the beginning of the first set to maybe break her.
But after that, she just didn't really give me a chance. I tried everything, and I mean, she was hitting lines, moving well, coming to the net, serving unbelievably well.
I thought I was always going to have chances on her serve, but today just everything went her way.

Q. Is it even possible she could go on and win this tournament?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, if she plays like this, for sure.

Q. That second set, did you get down on yourself a little bit?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: No, I tried, like I said, for the whole match. I tried to find a way how to start winning rallies, but obviously nothing was working and everything was going her way.
But it's one of the matches where I don't really feel as bad about it, because I just got outplayed by her. Just have to give her all the credit.

Q. What does she do well? She shortens rallies and comes forward unexpectedly. That takes way your rhythm, right?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: And especially because of her slices the ball stays so down, so I feel like I can't really dictate. I'm always on the back foot. Also, she had very good lines today, so I never got really a chance to get into my game.

Q. I imagine it's never pleasant to lost a title, but still it's matches you need on grass at this stage, which is the most important.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, especially in my first match I played better than in any of my matches last year. That's a good sign.
Sometimes even though you want to defend your title, you're going to have opponent like I had today, and I just have to learn from it ‑ she definitely gave me a lesson ‑ and be ready for next week.

Q. Where will you play next week?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Eastbourne.

Q. How do you feel your grass‑court game is shaping up now?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, I love it. I feel very good physically. It's my favorite time of the year. Hopefully a lot of matches ahead of me.

Q. I need to is ask you an obligatory question about the World Cup. Will you be following it?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Of course. Actually this morning we decided with Peter since Sweden and Slovakia is not in it then we're going to go for Italy.
Sorry, sorry, for England. I can't believe I just said that. (Laughing.) No, no, we're rooting for England from this morning.
Everybody is going to love us here and we're not going to get into trouble. So definitely we are watching on ‑‑ when is it?

Q. Saturday.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Saturday.

Q. Against Italy.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2014 20:30 

Local Time:
A mature interview from Daniela. But she needs to watch the tape of the match and see how many first serves didn't go in and also not that fast when they did, and also see how returns she dumped into the net. KDK played an awesome match but Daniela needs to have a better plan B when things aren't going her way. She didn't change it up enough.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3