Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
PostPosted: 13. May 2014 18:14 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 11:50
When you don't have anything good to say.................peace, out, guys.

Sorry Alex but it is so frustrating right now being a Daniela fan. All these big events go by without a sniff of succes from Daniela. Indian Wells miami madrid and now rome. It's ridiculous how she wasn't able to win a single match in these tournaments especially as she's had pretty good opening round draws in all of them. If next week and RG are the same crappy outcome then Daniela will be back to being outside top 50 after Birmingham which is so wrong when I see the crap that is the top 15-30 players right now.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. May 2014 19:23 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 05:50
eddy, that wasn't a shot at you or anyone. That's how I felt about this performance. When the match ended I was as angry with our gal as I ever have been, and there was nothing good to say about it at all, so that's how I chose to approach it. Daniela is in the midst of an extremely disappointing season right now, and she's fair game to be ripped by even her most loyal fans. You might recall how I put together a list of all the wins Dani has over top players and one time #1's in her career. I shudder to think of how a list of non-luminaries she has lost to in the first round over the years, particularly this year, would look. Believe me, I'm very frustrated too.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. May 2014 20:51 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 10:50
Daniela's doubles match is first on Court 6, 1pm start.

Apparently it was fairly windy during the match today so it wasn't optimal conditions for Daniela but it was the same for both players. We'll see how Puig does against Shazza tomorrow, if Puig plays well then it indicates that she's having a great week and is in the zone. It does seem that so many players have their best tournament and play great whenever they play Daniela. I hope that's the case as the alternative is pretty grim.

Daniela will have to get back on the horse in doubles and I really hope she does well. She needs some wins and just to have some fun on court. Daniela's strong and resilient and she'll dust herself down and keep going.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. May 2014 21:27 

Local Time:
Right after my last post I had a doctor's appointment, and what song came on? You got it. Fine Young Cannibals........"She Drives Me Crazy"! :P :lol:
After all our frustrations today, I do think there is one thing we can all agree on. If any of us got a call tonight from Dani and she invited us out for dinner, I don't imagine any of us saying no! ;)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 11:51 

Local Time:
Stosur beat Vesnina so that's great as she can't overtake Daniela. We just need Schiavone to beat Muguruza to keep Daniela as 32nd seed...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 13:30 

Local Time:
And she did! Thank you to my fellow Italians who without doubt roared Schaivone through the third set tiebreaker.
In spite of saving 4 match points, Daniela and Lucic lost, 3 & 4.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 13:31 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 09:50
Stosur beat Vesnina so that's great as she can't overtake Daniela. We just need Schiavone to beat Muguruza to keep Daniela as 32nd seed...

Schiavone just won against Muguruza, 7-6(5) in the 3rd set.
At the same time Daniela and Baroni lost to Black/Mirza by 6-3 and 6-4

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 15:01 

Local Time:
That's great lol. We really are clutching at straws here aren't we haha. Lepchenko and Keys are still capable of overtaking Daniela I think but would probably need to make the final I think..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 16:17 

Local Time:
It would have been lovely for Daniela to have won the doubles but Black & Mirza are a very good team. At least Daniela & Lucic-Baroni were competitive and had some fight saving a few match points.

Results have worked out for Daniela regarding a seeding for Roland Garros so it would be fantastic if she got one. If Daniela's ranked 32 then three or four players ranked above her would withdraw but if she was 33 then everybody would be there.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 17:52 

Local Time:
It appears that Sanchez knows how to help Daniela lose, we haven't talked too much about Sanchez coaching Puig.

Well Puig was 2-0 in the first set and 4-1 in the 2nd set but ultimately lost 6-3 7-5. Sharapova as always scraps through. It frustrates the hell out of me how Sharapova never seems to get a time violation where's Daniela always does. Sharapova was sometimes taking 50 seconds between points.

Really hating Groeneveld at the moment, he's suddenly turned into this arrogant ass.

In general I hate the wta tour right now. Completely boring and just bish bash bosh.

I certainly won't be watching the tour when Daniela retires.

Last edited by eddy on 14. May 2014 19:20, edited 2 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 19:18 

Local Time:
We really are clutching at straws here aren't we haha. Lepchenko and Keys are still capable of overtaking Daniela

We are, but that's part of the fun of it.
Puig could have passed Dani with a big run, but Sharapova beat her. Not easily (6-3 7-5, Puig had 2 break points to force a tiebreaker). Keys lost to Halep, who then withdrew with an abdominal strain. She says she hopes to be ready for the French. Lepchenko plays Serena next. There's about 4 others who could pass Daniela with huge runs, but right now she might be OK.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 19:56 

Local Time:
Puig played pretty well against Shazza and was unlucky not to take the second set into a tiebreak but Shazza hit aces on the BPs. Puig was a break up in the second set and she was also a break up in the first set. The loud woman turned up the volume in the end.

Puig would have been helped by being coached by Sanchez against Daniela as he'd be able to tell her what areas to exploit and attack and give her insight that she wouldn't otherwise have had. Sanchez is a good coach who'd help Puig anyway and she is a good young player but she's yet another player that's having easily her best week when she plays Daniela.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 23:09 

Local Time:
[quote="eddy"]I certainly won't be watching the tour when Daniela retires.[quote]

You and me both. But you and Chungwit must be much bigger fans of the sport in general than yours truly. The only way I would have watched Sharapova vs. Puig is tied up, bound and gagged with toothpicks preventing me from closing my eyes! :roll:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 23:26 

Local Time:
Haha Alex! Was curious how well Puig plays. She's another BBB brainless ball basher...

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. May 2014 23:51 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 04:50
Wow, some of the posts here are quite pathetic. In sports some win, some lose. You don't always get to win. Once again, Daniela is an awesome person, doing what she loves, ranked high for many years despite some health isssues. Traveling to places that the rest of us will never see, making a comfortable living.

You can blame WTA, her opponents, coaches etc. But all in all Daniela is living an awesome life. I enjoy following her career and will continue when she moves to the next phase of her life. I love the country of Slovakia and am proud of the way she represents that country.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next