Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: GP Sar La Princesse Lalla Meryem
PostPosted: 25. April 2014 22:12 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 23:40
That's a nice bit of luck for Daniela. Anytime she gets a bye is a good day.

Oprandi has to be respected as, like everyone has said, Oprandi is a solid claycourter and she was competitive against Daniela when they played in Rome a few years ago. This is a really good opportunity for Daniela as her form and confidence has picked up this month.

"In tournament in Charleston played with a bandaged leg, but now we both rozohrávali in the match clothes, so I was surprised that finally not coming," said Hantuchova.

I'm pleasantly surprised so far from how am I doing on clay. In Charleston, I was in the finals, now I'm in the semifinals," said zverenka Swedish coach Peter Lundgren, who Oprandiovej be hard to match.

"It's very uncomfortable grueling. Last time we played together three years ago in Rome about three hours. Her style me pretty satisfying, as well as game Lourdes Dominguez Lino, with which I won in round 2. Than I have to be concentrated and be well on feet because of Marrakech is a high altitude and is difficult to control the ball," said Slovak deuce.
@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 15:09 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 22:40
1st set Oprandi 7-5 :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 15:52 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 00:40
Daniela 5-3 up in the 2nd set...comon make it to a 3rd!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 15:57 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 18:40
Got it! 6-3. Saved 4 break points and won 3 games from 15-40 down. Roulez, Dani!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 15:59 

Local Time:
Meanwhile Daniela is not in the draw for Oreias presumably wants to prepare well for Madrid...

Oprandi is serving first in 3rd...a bit worrying...

Oprandi holding serve easily atm...1-2

Daniela was 30-0 but just lost 4 points in a row...1-3...fight back Daniela!

1-4 Daniela folding like cheap tent...can't see Daniela evrr reaching a clay final...:(

Huge hold for Daniela 2-4...gotta hope Oprandi will choke..

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 16:31 

Local Time:
5-2 :( We all know that Dani is capable of big recoveries but Oprandi looks well in control of her serve :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 16:34 

Local Time:
First job is for Daniela to hold...she does to love...annoyingly Daniela will probably win more points in this match than Oprandi but still lose...

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 16:38 

Local Time:
5-3!
0-15 UE, 0-30 UE, 0-40UE, 15-40, Game Set Match Oprandi :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 16:41 

Local Time:
95 points each...:(

Not Daniela's day. Daniela was actually two points from winning the first set 5-4 up but wasn't to be.

Overall a good tournament...got fortunate Peng withdrew but overall I'd have taken a semi final any day. Couldn't watch the match so would appreciate comments on how she played.:)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 16:48 

Local Time:
The key for the match was the serve. Although Dani had 100% on her BP (2/2) she faced 10BP saving 7 of them. In the 3rd set her percentage of 1st serves was only 52% against 67% of Oprandi. Both have good stats on the 1st serve (76% winning points of Dani, 78% of Oprandi) but Dani only won 50% of her points in the 2nd serve and that made the difference. The drop shots of Oprandi also caused a lot of problems to Dani and, in my opinion, at the end she was trying to hurry up points, making her commit unnecessary errors.

Besides all, good tournament with 3 more matches of practice for Madrid, where she has 140points to defend. She will remain as number 30 in the world, no matter what happens in Marrakech and in Sttugart.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 16:54 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 18:40
Fonnabula. (You don't want to know what that means.)
Frustrating mostly in that there were so many career firsts awaiting our gal. First title on clay, first time winning as #1 seed, first time winning 3 straight finals. Not meant to be.
Clearly, if Daniela tied in points won, she did not play horridly. Bad timing on the one break of serve in the 3rd. There is obvious progress in her game under Lundgren, and 5-2 on clay is a neat start (remember that she was very good on clay in '11....right, miss pink hair Caro?). But even this wild-eyed Daniela Maniac knows that she has hardly beaten Serena, Margaret Court and Helen Wills the last 2 tourneys. We all will be anxious to see if her game has moved up a level when she faces a top player again. There is room for optimism. Like eddy says, we'll always take a semi-final.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 17:20 

Local Time:
Very disappointing. Romina was just killing her with the constant drop shots,and her returning was iffy as well, didn't make a dent on Oprandi's serve in the final set. C'est la vie. :|

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 17:27 

Local Time:
Shit. It would have been great to win here and a few points here and there made all the difference. She won as many as Oprandi but Oprandi won the last one and she was solid and effective in the match, especially on the drop shot which disrupted Daniela's rhythm. Serving first in the third set also helped Oprandi although she was solid on serve. Thanks for the match commentary and reports, Artur & eddy.

Daniela's gotten more points from the last two tournaments than she did in the entire clay season last year and Charleston and Marrakech are the first time Daniela's had consecutive wins at consecutive tournaments since Pattaya 2012. This is so disappointing and it would have been wonderful to win here but this gives Daniela decent points and I think she can look back on the past month Admittedly, she hasn't beaten a top player but she's been winning

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2014 22:03 

Local Time:
Hantuchova sorry that did not reflect the introduction of the third set. "It was a tight game, decided a few balls. Chance I had, I'm sorry I missed them. In the third set, I could not make a bit tactically. Conditions were very difficult today, on the court it was 35 degrees. Oprandiová played typical clay court tennis, very annoying and the shorts I will be dreaming about, is the fact the world. It's toys such as Spaniard Lourdes Dominguez Lino, which I beat in round 2, only now has even better shape," she told TASR Hantuchova, who spoke with a total withdrawal Morocco satisfaction. "The tournament in Marrakech was a very good test before the big event in Madrid, Rome and before the Grand Slam Roland Garros in Paris. With the introduction clay court season, I am very satisfied. Charleston, I made it to the finals, now the semifinals. With today's match, I am not satisfied, since I could win," said Slovakian.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. April 2014 00:00 

Local Time:
I have seen the first set, and Daniela was actually very below par. She missed so many returns and also didn't exploit Oprandi's backhand at all which is such a floaty defensive shot..I am glad that she realised that she was not good today.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next