Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Family Circle Cup, Charleston
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 02:04 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 00:35
It's starting to be just embarrassing now ! :oops:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 02:25 

Local Time:
Well, Cepelova was impressive today. Very solid with an amazing variety of shots but Daniela was just a very very pale image of the Dani of yesterday. She did a lot of sloppy errors that I am sure she will be embarrassed if she sees them back :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 02:32 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 01:35
This was terrible for Daniela in so many ways. She made a lot of errors while Cepelova played a great game, she came up with some great shots, she got a lot of balls back and played such a good game while Daniela made errors and was sloppy and frustrated. The third game turned out to be crucial as Daniela had 3 BPs and was playing better and was dictating play but Cepelova held on and she grew in confidence while Daniela got frustrated. Cepelova had an easy service game in the fifth game and then Daniela was broken to go 2-4 down after having a GP and then the momentum and the match totally slipped away from her and there were so many errors.

Daniela looks absolutely distraught, this must be devastating for her. I feel so sorry for her, I just want to give her a hug and a shoulder to cry on. She was very gracious at the hand shake at the end even though she must have been hurting so much. It's just so sad, I think there will be a lot of tears in the locker room

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 02:46 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 02:35
Two things that contributed to Daniela's beat down.

It was her first night match to Cepelova's 2nd. Conditions were completely different to yesterday.

Daniela got her tactics completely wrong. Yes kept coming to the net which meant a lot of the time she exposed massive areas of the court. Yes sometimes was right choice but Daniela should have rallid more with Cepelova which is what she she did in the first 5 games. After that got so impatient and frustrated and good barely get a return in. Good tournament overall though

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 03:56 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 20:35
No problemo with this from my perspective, guys. If I was a Slovak and wasn't only rooting for Daniela, I'd be getting excited about Jana. She's got stones. She saved Slovakia in Fed Cup last year with an incredibly gutty win. What really impressed me was how she came out the day after beating Serena and won a very tough matched. It's hard for even veteran players to win the next match after knocking off the best player, and she's young and pulled it off. Then she runs roughshod over our gal when she was rolling. Gotta give it to Jana. Daniela being frustrated makes sense to me. I'm feeling that Lundgren is trying to work an extreme makeover, especially the net rushing, and the last 3 days were very encouraging to us and had to have Dani getting pumped. She'll bounce back. It's a work in process, and it's not yet that far into the process.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 06:16 

Local Time:
Rybirikova lost to Ivanovic in Mexico. Welcome back to the top 30, Daniela! :beer:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 11:54 

Local Time:
Disappointing match from Daniela last night,but thrilled with the week overall,just getting the back-to-back wins will do wonders for her confidence.

Hopefully the start of a fine clay-court season.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 15:38 

Local Time:
Pupil Kosice tennis to progress to the elite quartet made no secret of great satisfaction. "Face off against compatriot and good friend is never easy, but I played against Daniele very good match. A first WTA semifinal tournament I am very pleased. Charleston is a very nice city, I enjoyed it. Daniela is 10 years older and much more more experienced, but just like a duel against Serena Williams'm oblivious to who is on the other side of the court and I just focused on myself," she said Čepelová first interview right on the court.

Introduction details suggest that it will be a definite issue 78 toys WTA rankings. "We did not start very well, but gradually I got into it. Play against Daniele, who is with me in the Fed Cup team and helps me, was a great honor.'m Glad that it came to me., And that I beat her. I tried it rozbehávať and play aggressive, to be the most moving. This tactic came to me. Already looking forward to the semi-final against Bencicovej. Belinda is a great toy in Charleston came from qualifying to the semifinals. Hopefully I'll be fit, regenerate and leg, which I still hurt during the match with Serena, will be ok," she told TASR Čepelová.

@ google translate

Congrats to Janka for tonight's performance,she played awesome tennis and deserved to win,she was a much better player on the court today..happy for he making her first big semifinal..gnight everybody and thanks for your support,good week to start of the clay court season.love dani
Daniela's facebook @

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 20:24 

Local Time:
Chungwit, your posts here and on Daniela's FB page yesterday were very moving. No one can possibly a bigger fan of hers than you.

Daniela certainly has done many fantastic things without paying any attention to my sage advice. So I shall trust that she will be smart like always and do something like this: For the next 10 days or so, she might want to hop down to Bolliteri's, Lundgren in tow, and keep working on what they're trying. That way, she remains in America (I won't mind :!: ) and can get to Canada without making any lengthy flights. After Fed Cup, I'd like to see Dani take the next week off, as there's nothing to defend, rather than cross 10 time zones and rush into Stuttgart or Marrakech. She is entered for Portugal the week after……restart then.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 23:35 

Local Time:
Cepelova through to the final beating Bencic 76 in the 3rd! She didn't play no where near as well as she did against Daniela. I think the night match with slower conditions really helped her. Her wins against Vesnina and Bencic were in the day..

Cepelova plays very much like Halep...it really is the new brand of playing, not sure I like it to be honest..Bencic is a really spoilt brat but I guess she's only 17.

Anyone know what Daniela's schedule is for the clay season?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2014 23:56 

Local Time:
What a day of tennis! 2 ridiculously exciting matches,with the winner coming from a break down in the final set in each semi-final.

BTW Jana has done all this without her coach this week(he went back to Slovakia after Miami). I wish Daniela would try playing a tournament without a coach for once-she was hopeless once Lundgren came out yesterday

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. April 2014 23:00 

Local Time:
Thanks, Alex, nice of you to say so.

I think Daniela's going to La Loma Sports Centre in Mexico to do some training this week. She's trained there before when Pat Etcheberry was her fitness coach.

Daniela will play Oeiras, Madrid and Rome and she'll probably play Strasbourg before Roland Garros, eddy. This month is probably going to be the last time she has any weeks off until after the US Open because she'll defend Birmingham and play either Eastbourne or Den Bosche. Daniela's playing the full World Team Tennis schedule, then it'll be Stanford, Montreal, Cincinnati and New Haven in the hardcourt season and she'll obviously be playing the slams.

Daniela won Pattaya without a coach both times, Benji.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. April 2014 00:07 

Local Time:
Thanks Chungwit, I read somewhere that Daniela is on the waiting list to get into Stuttgart (my favourite tournament), but maybe that's dodgy as it's straight after fed cup which I presume she's playing in.

Sometimes having a coach can just complicate things but I think Lungdren has done good work with Daniela this week.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 7. April 2014 12:44 

Local Time:
Wait. Daniela is playing in Estoril Open? :o

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. April 2014 15:56 

Local Time:
Daniela's not on the entry list for Stuttgart at the moment although she could get a wild card. As she's skipping the Fed Cup she could also play qualifiers for Stuttgart. She's got a very busy schedule between the Oerias and the US Open so she may want a few weeks to recuperate and prepare for the rest of the year.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next