Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Family Circle Cup, Charleston
PostPosted: 1. April 2014 18:43 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 23:41
I've got to say that this is a big relief that Daniela won this especially as she was down in both sets but was able to comeback. Rogers served for both sets and Daniela was 5-3 down in the first and 5-2 down in the second but she battled back. Her experience definitely helped her at the end of the sets plus she had great fighting spirit.
I feel that getting a win, no matter how she did it, will be a big boost to Daniela's confidence and she can use this going forward. Min is definitely beatable but she's won 4 matches here so she has to be respected.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. April 2014 19:10 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 18:41
I don't know who creates the crawl in the upper right corner that has Daniela's results/upcoming 1st opponent. Whomever it is, my thanks to that person. For the last 3 days it has said "Charleston 1R: Daniela ve Shelby Rogers(USA)". That error (ve rather than vs) has proven to be the biggest jinx breaker perhaps in the history of the Forum! Keep doing it! ;)

Here are a few words of wisdom from the March 29 edition of the Charleston Post and Courier from writer James Beck.
"Brian Minton sees 12th seed Daniela Hantuchova as a good first-round opponent for his former pupil (Rogers). Hantuchova is tall and lanky and not particularly a great clay-court player. In short, Hantuchova has had an up-and-down career marked by inconsistencies in her game. As far as facing Hantuchova in the opening round, (Rogers) said 'I'm OK with the draw. I've never played or practiced with her....She hits a hard, flat ball that I think is better suited for hard courts. I'll just try to get her out of her rhythm.' Hantuchova was a first-round loser last year on Daniel Island."

Do you get the sense that they thought Daniela was an easy mark for their hometown girl? Now I know none of us were about to bet the mortgage on Dani winning today. But in the end, it appears that Mr. Ross, Mr. Minton and to some extent Ms. Rogers have all come out as April Fools!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. April 2014 23:44 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 00:41
Great post Alex! Haha at the last line!

Cirstea just lost to Pereira from Brazil so if Daniela gets past Min then Pereira awaits. This really is a golden opportunity for Daniela to reach her first quarter-final of the season but we have a long way to go until that round. Min will be tougher as she's already won 4 matches this week as is probably very used to court 3 which is where Daniela's match is tomorrow at 11am...3rd round is a must for Daniela but quarters is certainly doable.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2014 03:15 

Local Time:
Holy crap, guys, Serena's out! Cepelova in straight sets (4 & 4)!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 2. April 2014 08:51 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 22:41
Good win from Dani, although still far from what she can do.
I watched the match of Min vs. Brito and I have to say that her serve is a joke! she was leading 5-0 in the 3rd set and was broken twice without reaching a set point (then Michelle Brito decided to give her the match with some errors). She had like 19BP on her serve.
A healthy Daniela should beat her with no problem, a more or less fit Daniela should beat her in 3 :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2014 11:39 

Local Time:
Well well with Serena and Cirstea losing that means Daniela is the highest ranked player in the top half. One round at a time for Daniela but this is such a golden opportunity to bag the points she missed these past few months.

Any stream for court 3..?

Awful start broken to 15...:(

Daniela rattles off 6 games in a row to take the first set 6-2 in 27 minutes. Keep it up Daniela!

Excellent win 6-2 6-3 in just over an hour...only 4/12 break points won though so she'll need to tighten that up against Periera.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2014 19:02 

Local Time:
Another solid win by Daniela. Once she got over losing her serve early in the match she was really solid and dominated the match. Her service stats are very good with 3 aces, 80 % 1st serve in, 78% 1st serves won and she only faced 2 BPs although she did get broken once. Daniela won 72% of her service points. Like eddy said, it would have been good if she'd taken more BPs so hopefully that's something she tightens up on against Perreira. This is another good win which will give Daniela momentum and confidence.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2014 19:07 

Local Time:
I can get used to this each morning!
It was a bit worrisome when Daniela fell behind 0-2. But she certainly took charge after that. Most of the missed break points came in long games where, with typical perseverance, she achieved the break. It felt good to see Dani just kick the crap out of someone. If we overlook her win over Erakovic in Paris, where Erakovic retired, the last time our gal won a match easily goes all the way back to mid-October in Moscow, where she thrashed, oddly enough, her most recent doubles partner of the week Arantxa.
You guys catch the article from the Rogers match from Tennis World? Lundgren was totally baffled about being able to go down and talk to Dani. "Hantuchova said he was not sure what to do during the coaching timeouts." :lol: That's OK. Maybe, just maybe, he's sure what to do at all other times with Daniela and is beginning to help her be the top flight player she still wants to be.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2014 19:59 

Local Time:
I think Pereira will be a big step up. From videos on YouTube she seems to be a really good clay courter and plays with a lot of heart. The tiebreak she won against Cirstea is on YouTube, she won the match with a big ace. I think this will be a very tough encounter for Daniela but Daniela just needs to find a way to win, win ugly. Hoping it'll be on one of the show courts so they'll be a stream. Pereira has a very annoying grunt and also I wonder is on drugs as has bulging muscles and very stocky frame...hope I'm wrong but just saying as wouldn't be surprised if 6 months down the line she fails a drugs test..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. April 2014 23:41 

Local Time:
Daniela's the first match on Althea Gibson, play starts at 11am.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 16:49 

Local Time:
Daniela raced into a 5-0 lead but two sloppy games and it's 5-2 Daniela must wrap this set up as Pereira is getting more confident each game.

6-2 first set, despite the wobbly closing it out was a great game to break back to win the set. This match definitely could get complicated if Daniela doesn't boss the points, but doing well so far.

2nd set:

Pereira playing much better and Daniela's level has gone way down...first serve is eluding her...and she's doing really stupid drop shots...it's like she doesn't want to rally with Pereira...2-3...I just knew this was going to be a complicated match... :roll:

2 close games Daniela wins to go 4-3 up...BREAKS 5-3! Serve it out Daniela please! YES 6-2 6-3

AWESOME the last 4 games Daniela played so smart and brilliant tennis, such an all round game! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 17:48 

Local Time:
This roller coaster ride is fun this week! So Daniellan....3 wins in 3 months, now 3 wins in 3 days. Gotta love it! A goodly amount of nailbiting between 5-0 in the 1st to 2-3 down a break in the 2nd. However, it looks like Dani's confidence is rising through the roof. She's taking charge at the exact right times and winning a lot of the big points. It's like the phoenix rising from the ashes! Should she go on a nice long roll with Lundgren, would that be the first time in tennis history that a player benefitted from the injury of a coach? :o
We all felt that we'd be satisfied with a win or two, and thrilled of she made quarters. Now, I think we want more! And Daniela just might be about to give that to us. Crossed fingers!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 17:57 

Local Time:
AWESOME the last 4 games Daniela played so smart and brilliant tennis, such an all round game!

You mist have watched the match, eddy. But what's this about smart and brilliant and all-around game? Don't you know she's one-dimensional? (That's been this week's pearl of wisdom from Daniela's detractors.)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 19:32 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 19:41
I love it, 3 matches in a row! Hopefully she can keep going. I hope this is the turn around moment this year.

:D :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. April 2014 19:35 

Local Time:
Another good win for Daniela this week. She started the match on fire and most importantly, she finished it on fire winning the last four games against an in-form opponent who was starting to play well but Daniela upped her level, played some really good tennis and won going away.

Thanks very much for the report, eddy.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next