Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Sony Open Tennis, Miami
PostPosted: 22. March 2014 00:21 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 22:21
The depressing thing about this is that I'm not really surprised by the result. I thought it would be difficult when Daniela was drawn against Keys as Keys is one of the best young players and she's only a few places below Daniela in the rankings so I knew it would be a tough match and it was. Keys' serve was much better than Daniela's and was able to gain control of rallies from that. By all accounts Keys played very well today.
Hopefully Daniela can do something in doubles. A positive right now is that she only has Madrid & Birmingham to defend until the US Open and as long as she can get healthy again then she should start playing well again sometime.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. March 2014 00:40 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 17:21
Small solice, but it does seem that Errani has been losing all the time this year, and Vinci as well.

Since this is the only way at present that there's a chance we can be happy after Daniela plays, her doubles match is first up on Court 6, starting a little after 12:30 PM Miami time. (Any way that Dani can get Aga back as her partner?)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. March 2014 18:08 

Local Time:
OK, guys, here goes nothing……which I hope ends up something!

Set 1
1-0 Daniela/Arantxa break at deciding point from 15-40 down.
1-1 Jurak Lucic break at deciding point after leading 40-0.
1-2 Jurak/Lucic hold to 30.
2-2 Daniela/Arantxa hold to 15.
2-3 Jurak/Lucic hold to 15.
3-3 Daniela/Arantxa hold at love.
3-4 Jurak/Lucic hold to 30.
4-4 Daniela/Arantxa hold to 30.
4-5 Jurak/Lucic hold to 30.
4-6 Jurak/Lucic break to 15.

Set 2
1-0 Daniela/Arantxa break to 15.
1-1 Jurak/Lucic break on deciding point after being up 40-0.
1-2 Jurak/Lucic hold to 30.
2-2 Daniela/Arantxa hold on deciding point, saving 2 break points.
2-3 Jurak/Lucic hold to 30.
3-3 Daniela/Arantxa hold at love.
3-4 Jurak/Lucic hold to 15.
(This is an nearly exact duplicate of the first, and I can't much see anything but the same result.)
3-5 Daniela/Arantxa broken on deciding point.
4-5 Semi-miracle: Daniela/Arantxa break at deciding point, saving 3 match points.
4-6 Daniela/Arantxa broken on deciding point, dropping 3 game points.

I miss Daniela. A lot. I don't know who has been going out there for awhile, but it ain't her. :(

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 22. March 2014 19:06, edited 4 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. March 2014 18:21 

Local Time:
There goes the first set, Daniela gets broken in the last game.

A better start to the second set, breaking to 15.

Since they broke in the first game of this set, Daniela & Arantxa haven't made much of an impression on the Jurak/Lucic-Baroni serve.

40-30 up, Parra Santonja serves a double fault and then loses the deuce point. Jurak/Lucic-Baroni serving for the match now.

Save 3 MPs to come from 40-15 down to break, the comeback is ON.

Comeback's off, Daniela was 40-15 up but got broken. This tournament is depressing.

I wonder if Daniela would probably have been better off skipping doubles in Miami & Indian Wells when she's coming back from injury. Having said that, she lost her singles matches before she played doubles both times and I think she just wants to have some time on court and to play. I hope that Daniela can recuperate over the next week and that she can do something in Charleston.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. March 2014 19:22 

Local Time:
I wonder if Daniela would probably have been better off skipping doubles in Miami & Indian Wells when she's coming back from injury. Having said that, she lost her singles matches before she played doubles both times and I think she just wants to have some time on court and to play. I hope that Daniela can recuperate over the next week and that she can do something in Charleston.

I wonder if Daniela came back too soon. She's done that before. If she needs more time, I wish she would take it. We all will gladly wait until she is fully healed and can resemble herself out there.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. March 2014 20:43 

Local Time:
Here in the Forum I'm known (or more accurately, notorious) for tinkering with song titles and lyrics to fit a situation involving Daniela, always in a cheery (though I'm sure you believe not always funny) way. Well.......
Soon after the doubles was over I went out to run a few errands. The second song that came on was from the 70's, and it seemed like the group Pablo Cruise was directing the first two lines straight at us.
"Whatcha gonna do when she says goodbye? Whatcha gonna do when she is gone?"

Sigh. :( :cry:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. March 2014 21:11 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 18:21
This is year is horrible so far. I hope she can keep her head up high and continue.

I think she needed to take some more off time for that injury.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. March 2014 21:17 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 23:21
She definitely came back too soon but the silver lining is that she's got 20 points rather than two zero pointers. We gotta hope Charleston is better but she's bound to get a nasty draw as the field is pretty stacked. She hopefully will snatch a seeding...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2014 17:35 

Local Time:
I'm definitely a bit on the pessimistic bandwagon as of late with Daniela, but her recent Facebook message is very heartwarming,

"Hey everyone,I know my results haven't been what I wished for the last couple of weeks and there is no excuse for that but I'm doing all I can to come back better then before.Tennis and sport in general is sometimes very hard to understand when u know u putting all the hard work in but you don't see any results.And the only way about it is to keep working hard.Found a nice sentence this morning to share with you,let me know what you think:)!hughs dani"

:cry: :cry:

I'm happy she still wants to keep going.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. March 2014 01:30 

Local Time:
Shout out to Domi, who will move into the top 10 on Monday. Creates homework for me, as this adds one more player to the list of top tenners at some point in their career that Daniela has beaten (4-0 lifetime……maybe Dani needs to draw Domi in the Charleston 1st round :lol: ).
Another thing going up one is her ranking, to #32.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. March 2014 20:50 

Local Time:
Cibulkova should thank Daniela for getting rid of Liptak. Daniela was playing so well under him but she got injured at the end of 2011 and then replaced him. She compounded it by hiring Pistolesi, who's basically the David Moyes of tennis, well Moyes was good at Everton, Pistolesi has never been good. She suffered the double whammy of the stress fracture two years ago and she's never been the same since. Daniela's played an awful lot of tennis over the years, she's had the most three setters of any active player and she's played a lot of doubles as well. Her career path follows the traditional pattern of playing her best from her teens to her mid 20s and things are getting tougher as she approaches 31. At the same time the current top 2 are in their 30s, I wonder how they do it.

Daniela hasn't lost to a really bad player since the Australian Open. She lost to Serena Williams, Shazza, Kerber and Ivanovic before her knee injury and while Lepchenko isn't that good she did beat Jankovic here so she's in decent form, while Keys is one of the best young players. As long as Daniela can get healthy and can get some decent draws she can build some momentum and form and Lundgren is a good coach. Daniela will stay strong and stay positive and she'll be able to turn this around.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. March 2014 19:33 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 23:21
Urgh 2014 is turning out to be quite depressing.

Hingis and Lisicki are now into the final of Miami. Hingis seems to have sorted out her serve as did very few double faults. Why couldn't she have sorted that when she was playing with Daniela? Rather than the tens of double faults she did at the US Open...

Cibulkova career is almost eclipsing Daniela's with her amazing results this year.

It should be Daniela's turn for success right now, I'm nit enjoying following the tour right now AT ALL...:(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. March 2014 22:28 

Local Time:
You and me both, eddy.

Hingis doubled faulted away the match in the US Open which of course was Daniela's fault. Hingis's serve was terrible when she played doubles with Daniela and a lot of the time she was really average.

Lisicki withdrew from the singles but she's healthy enough for doubles. They saved 7 MPs in the quarter final. I honestly couldn't be arsed with Hingis winning this tournament so she will.

Daniela won the doubles here in 2011. Daniela never had the chance to play with a really good doubles last year as she withdrew before she played with Hradecka & Hlavackova, she played only one match with Hsieh and had to withdraw when she played with Vesnina and they all won Slams last year. Playing with them would have given a much better indication of Daniela's level in doubles is than playing with Hingis.

The thing about Cibulkova's success is that she's doing it with Daniela's old coach.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. March 2014 02:09 

Local Time:
Guys, to suffer is human. To endure is a Daniela fan.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. March 2014 21:55 

Local Time:
Well, it's daniela's fault for being so quickly to jump coaches, I thought Litapk was very good for her.

And Hingis won doubles... ha.

I hope she can turn her year around at some point.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2