Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Qatar Total Open, Doha
PostPosted: 9. February 2014 23:30 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:46
Dates: February 10 - 16 , 2014 image
Venue: Doha, Qatar
Tier: Premier
Prize Money: $2,440,070
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: S.saleh Al Mohannadi

Official Website: www.qatartennis.org

Last Appearance: 2013 3rd round. lost to Sara Errani 7-5 5-7 6-2

Singles:
1R: [9] Ana Ivanovic (SRB) bt Daniela Hantuchova 7-5 1-0 retired

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Qatar Total Open, Doha
PostPosted: 9. February 2014 23:33 

Local Time:
Singles draw:Main Draw Singles.png

It's not a great draw. Ivanovic will be rested after skipping Fed Cup and she won Auckland and beat Serena Williams at the Australian Open, so she's in very good form and will be a tough opponent for Daniela. Zakopalova's someone that gives Daniela a lot of problems and Svitolina is a young up-and-comer so they'll both be tough and the third round is Kerber or Pliskova. But Daniela has to focus on Ivanovic first.

Daniela's not in the doubles draw. Raymond's playing with Zhang Shuai so Daniela's partnership with Raymond could over or Daniela's taking a week off doubles.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2014 00:44 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:46
Very nasty draw. Will be some miracle she if she gets past Ana. Daniela had a great win over Azarenka here a few years ago and I think the courts do suit Daniela's game but Ana is the highest seeded player Daniela could have got with there being eight byes so I guess we're hoping Kvitova pulls out as she's been sick to move Ana up to 8th seed!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2014 01:31 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 02:46
OK, guys. I'm feeling the way all of us do from time to time as Daniela's biggest fans; a bit discouraged. Daniela is 3-5 this year. If the tiebreak with Kerber is taken out, in 5 sets against Serena, Sharapova and Kerber, all in the top ten and as measuring sticks to where she stands, Dani has lost 30 out of 38 games. Not good. Scary not good.OK, from all accounts she flashed signs of brilliance and had no luck on her 2 set points in the tiebreak. But had she not dropped serve 3 straight times when Kerber was struggling with serve herself, there wouldn't have even BEEN a tiebreaker. As much as I enjoy stats, I don't want to see her first serve %, ratio of service held to service broken, or the average speed of first serve so far this year. There are a few encouraging signs, but you have to move a lot of hay to find that needle.
I don't think Daniela is anywhere near washed up; there's still a lot of faith within me. And I well know that when things look dark for Dani, that's when something great happens. You guys have seen much more of her this year than I have. Give me something to hang my hat on! :chatting:

Daniela plays tomorrow on centre court. It's a night match, not to start before 7:00 PM.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2014 19:17 

Local Time:
Daniela's the third match on Centre Court, not before 7pm.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 01:11 

Local Time:
I think it's absolutely crucial that Daniela wins the first set. She's not won a match from a set down this year and the last time she won from a set down was against Dolonc in Moscow and Ivanovic is infinitely better than Dolonc. I know that Daniela will give it everything but she has to serve well and get the first strike in to dictate the rallies. We'll see what happens but, like eddy said, Daniela had a similarly tough draw three years ago against Azarenka and she won that so a repeat would be great.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 09:40 

Local Time:
To be honest all I want to see is for Daniela to go out there and have a good positive attitide and enjoy herself no matter how annoying Ana gets. Sometimes Daniela definitely puts far too much pressure on herself and she plays as if the weight of the world is on her shoulders. Against Ana it should be Ana who has the pressure. She's no.9 seed and has beaten Daniela each time they've played on hard court.

The first set is crucial as Ana is a bit like Kerber for when she's winning she can steamroll through. I'd like to see Daniela try and stay out there for as long as possible. I always feel that the longer the match the better against the big hitters as they tend to start missing more.

On BTSport Nigel Sears will be commentating so that'll interesting seeing as he has been the former coach for both players. I'm sure he will be very impartial and feel rather awkward. Hopefully Anne Keothavong can ask him lots of uncomfortable questions to see who he preferd haha.

Overall this draw sucks big time but that's kinda why Dani can just swing from the hip and play more carefree.

If Daniela plays poorly we cant really blame Sanchez on this one as Daniela hasn't seen him since Australia.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 18:03 

Local Time:
Feel bad for Domi, who just retired at 5-all in the first, facing #180 in the world Kleybanova. Oh well, there won't be a center court Slovakian hat trick. But I'll be quite content with two out of three!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 18:44 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 03:46
Sadly I do not see making a dent unless Ana plays really badly.

I hope she proves me wrong, but she has not shown any form of consistency this year.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 19:13 

Local Time:
4-3.
5-3. Daniela holds
5-4. Ivanovic holds to 0
5-5. Daniela broken to 30 :( :( 2 df's in this game
5-6. Ivanovic holds with 4th GP.....

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 19:24 

Local Time:
Daniela is clearly cursed...lost first set 5-7 and has an injury too..no way back frok here. She looks like she's going to cry and I don't blame her...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 19:40 

Local Time:
Any idea what it is, eddy?

And it looked like she had a shot at it today……2 points away from winning the first. Now letting that set get away makes sense. Gosh, I hope and pray it's nothing serious.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 11. February 2014 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 19:46 

Local Time:
Knee injury, I'm VERY concerned...Daniela was grimacing very early on, I think she pulled it during running for a forehand...maybe best she lost that 1st set because she might have made the injury worse had she tried to play on if she had won the first..

Knee is awful injury...I think Daniela will be out for some time. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 20:11 

Local Time:
This is awful in every possible way. I just hope the injury isn't too bad, but given the luck Daniela's had over the past few years it probably will be.
I got the match from 5-3 and Ivanovic won the two games fairly easily to get to 5-5. The next game was pretty long with lots of deuces although Daniela never had a BP. She had 4 GPs in the next game on serve to take it into a tiebreak but couldn't and she was grimacing and seemed hampered by the injury. Ivanovic held in the first game of the second set and I had to go for a few minutes and when I got back Daniela had retired.
It hurts that Daniela lost a close set that she served for and had chances to take into a tiebreak, it hurts even more that she had to retire.

This is just so depressing and dispiriting. Daniela's a strong and resilient woman, she'll be back, but the injuries are mounting up. I hope that this isn't serious but she shouldn't come back before she's ready. It's better to miss a couple of tournaments and come back fully recovered than try to play through it, make it worse and miss even more time.

Daniela & Dominika both played Fed Cup and had to retire today, Ivanovic sat it out and is in the next round.

On BTSport Nigel Sears will be commentating so that'll interesting seeing as he has been the former coach for both players. I'm sure he will be very impartial and feel rather awkward. Hopefully Anne Keothavong can ask him lots of uncomfortable questions to see who he preferd haha.

If Sears was any good he'd be out coaching somebody rather than sitting around talking out his arse. All he does is fuck players up, fuck him.

You may have guessed I don't like him.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2014 20:24 

Local Time:
Daniela & Dominika both played Fed Cup and had to retire today, Ivanovic sat it out and is in the next round.

Now you know why I hate Fed Cup, why not make it a big one week knockout competition after the US OPEN? That would be so exciting!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next