HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 17. January 2014 12:12 

Local Time:
|24. April 2024| 05:26
Daniela's doubles match is third on court 8 after a men's & women's doubles, not before 3pm.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2014 12:55 

Local Time:
Hantuchova after the match sorry untapped chance. "I did not show what I natrénované, I brought a 50 percent performance. Pity that we did not play longer and it occurred to kondičku. Serena whenever needed, incredibly servovala. At the second administration I have not complied with the tactics that we set out with a trainer , I was unnecessarily hasty.'m hoping that will be more exchanges, but Serena tried to play the one-two punches and effective use of quality first serve," she said in a conference call with the media Slovak Hantuchova, who spoke with his appearing at this year's Australian Open satisfaction . "I am glad that I managed to advance to the 3rd round, I appreciate especially the victory over the Czech Karolina Pliskova. Shame that the Grand Slam again, I came across one of Williamsiek, I hope next time I will have more luck in lottery tickets."

"I felt good, even though it was a difficult match. Was very warm, but also in such conditions must always be ready to play.'m Happy that I managed to succeed," Williams said after the match.

@ google translate

"I regret the chances of unused income. In its first administration, it can not do much, but I missed opportunities or the other, I sometimes unnecessarily hasty. Serena again incredibly servovala when it needed, which transferred a lot of pressure on my administration. After each game we have confirmed that one of the parties was not the sun, absolutely nothing to see. It was about survival - who can keep service there," she sighed Daniela Hantuchova in a conference telephone Slovak media.

"I did not show in my opinion, even 50 percent of-practiced. It's a shame. I think that if I met what we set out with a trainer, it could be completely different. I knew exactly what the grueling true. The tennis does not exist if '..., " she said Hantuchova where high temperatures added: "If we would have played longer, there would be caps and but for this we have not. Such heat suits me - the longer we were on the court, the better for me. Unfortunately, Serena tried to play one - two punches that were long exchanges. It's hard to do it received. I think it was just such a plan - to be there as short as possible," concluded D. Hantuchova.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2014 16:24 

Local Time:
|24. April 2024| 06:26
It's true Daniela wasn't patient enough, but that's what the best players do - they don't allow you to play your normal game..Daniela probably felt that any shorter ball she hit Serena would hit a winner off it.

The key game was at 3-3 in the 2nd set, Daniela had momentum but then that service game was rushed from Daniela.

I agree with her that Daniela played about 50% of what she can do, whenever she comes against the really big names her game just doesn't flow as well. Hopefully Sanchez can work on that with her.

There were some fantastic points though. And a serving seemed secure with good variety and relatively good power. Paris Indoors is a good chance for Daniela if she continues to serve the way she has been doing.

What's everyone thinking about Sanchez now? I've kinda done a 360 and think that he has a longer term plan of action and that it will take time. So I hope they continue to work together and get along well. She's definitely playing better now she's had some more matches.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2014 20:06 

Local Time:
|24. April 2024| 01:26
A 180 you mean? 8-)

And I don't know, I don't see many differences with Daniela this year. But yeah, maybe the serve is a bit better.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2014 20:48 

Local Time:
|24. April 2024| 00:26
Not yet sold on Sanchez (of course, what I know about coaches fits into a thimble with room to spare). I did really like the one time Tennis Channel showed him, it was right after Daniela had executed and won a key point, and he pounded his heart. Daniela seems to me to respond to positive reinforcement, and when Sanchez displays that along with being critical when that's needed, then this can work out.
Singles yesterday was prime time in New York……doubles was not. Stayed up to 2:45 AM rooting Dani and Raymond along. This could have been quick and easy, but they kissed away a 4-1, two breaks up lead in the opening set. They did a nice job restoring order after that, tossing in one more little scare when the final set went from 5-0 to 5-1 and 15-40, but winning the next four points and cashing the first match point. I guess Daniela felt she needed to show one more time that she could handle the heat. Looking forward to a couple of nice doubles runs. Should one of them be a complete success, Daniela would pick up career overall title #20. The career milestones and the displays of class continue to pile up. Well done, young lady!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2014 23:00 

Local Time:
A 180 you mean? 8-)

And I don't know, I don't see many differences with Daniela this year. But yeah, maybe the serve is a bit better.

Yup,nothing's really changed so far this year. And outside of the clutch serving,that's as poor a performance as I've seen Serena play. She was shanking so many balls I was convinced Federer had lent her one of his 2013 brand rackets.

I did like the fact that Daniela treated Serena's lame attempts to rush the net with the contempt they deserved-some excellent passing shots.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2014 00:08 

Local Time:
"I've been through all those years with her and that's why I admire what she's done so much, because the game has improved -- it's much more physical and you don't get any more easy rounds, where before, maybe the first two, three rounds you kind of got through really without having to do much," Hantuchova said of Williams. "Now, if you're not ready from the first round, you're going to be out of the tournament. …

"I think she's getting better because the game is getting better. In order to be on top, you have to improve all the time, and that's what's incredible -- how she has managed to do that over the years -- and I respect that very much."

Williams started out a bit flat Friday, which for her meant Hantuchova winning her first service game at love, and Williams going down 15-40 in the third game before holding serve.

In the end, Williams still fought off five of six break points, still served at near 120 mph, still won 74 percent of her first serves.

"That's why she's the player she is," Hantuchova said. "She knows how to come up with the big shots when she needs to, not necessarily when it's not very important, but big points, she digs in and she knows what to do."

Williams, said Hantuchova, tried to conserve her energy in the 104-degree heat by trying to make the points shorter and by going for her serves. Williams might have been thinking the same thing about the rest of the tournament when she and sister Venus pulled out of doubles shortly after her singles win, citing a leg injury to Venus.

Either way, it is clear where Serena's motivation lies. She knows it, and so do her opponents.

"Well played Serena Williams," Hantuchova wrote on her Facebook page shortly after the match. "She's the best we've had in women's tennis ... ever."

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2014 05:57 

Local Time:
While awaiting Daniela's doubles, I noted that based on today's results, should Wozniacki win her match, Dani will be locked in at #31. It sure is a slow climb, but it does steadily continue and holds promise, with a number of opportunities to gain points upcoming, including, oddly enough, 2 chances to do so in Paris.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2014 06:24 

Local Time:
Doubles 2nd round:

1-0, Daniela & Lisa hold to 30, started off with an ace.
1-1, Voegele/Rybarikova hold to 30.
1-2, Voegele/Rybarikova break to 30.
2-2, Daniela & Lisa break on their 3rd BP, went from 15-40 to GP then Daniela & Lisa won the next 3 points.
3-2, Daniela & Lisa hold to 15.
4-2, Daniela & Lisa break to 0.
5-2, Daniela & Lisa hold to 15.
6-2, Daniela & Lisa break to 30.

2nd set:

1-0, Daniela & Lisa hold on their 2nd GP, saved a BP at 30-40.
1-1, Voegele/Rybarikova hold to 15.
2-1, Daniela & Lisa hold to 15
2-2, Voegele/Rybarikova hold on their 3rd GP, Daniela & Lisa were 0-30 up & had a BP.
3-2, Daniela & Lisa hold to 30 from 0-30.
4-2, Daniela & Lisa break to 30.
5-2, Daniela & Lisa hold to 30 from 0-30, served an ace to start the comeback.
5-3, Voegele/Rybarikova hold to 15.
6-3, Daniela & Lisa win it on their 3rd MP, they were 40-15 up before Voegele & Rybarikova won the next 3 points to have a BP, but Daniela & Lisa won the next 3 points for the match.
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2014 07:34 

Local Time:
Woo-hoo! This is beginning to look like a very good partnership. Daniela and Lisa controlled this one from stem to stern. Only glitch was losing two MP's, but the third time was the charm. Liking it! :D

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2014 07:45 

Local Time:
While awaiting Daniela's doubles, I noted that based on today's results, should Wozniacki win her match, Dani will be locked in at #31. It sure is a slow climb, but it does steadily continue and holds promise, with a number of opportunities to gain points upcoming, including, oddly enough, 2 chances to do so in Paris.

Muguruza just won from a set down.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2014 08:48 

Local Time:
Terrific win in doubles. Couldn't see the match but it reads that they played well on clutch points.

Now it gets tough with Makarova/Vesnina. Maybe Daniela can get revenge for fed cup last year..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2014 16:33 

Local Time:
[quote="chungwit] Muguruza just won from a set down.[/quote]

Yeah. Some $&)@#€% BFF Wozniacki is. Now it's up to Aga.

Daniela has her opening mixed match on Show Court 2. It's the fifth and last one; 4 other doubles matches precede it. A middle of the nighter for me, but I am excited for her chances with Paes.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2014 19:22 

Local Time:
Coach Hantuchova Daniela still has the world's Top 10
Released yesterday
I still think she has the top ten. I believe it was pushed there. It is not yet too late, believes Daniela Hantuchova's coach Ricardo Sanchez.

Hantuchova played with vigorously

Coach our tennis players Ricardo Sanchez was critical, but very positive and encouraging.

"Škodapreškoda, today it was the head. When Daniela did not think the state or doťahovala, played famously. She was agile, smarter, played with vigorously than Serena. You had to keep bringing more. That was the difference. " Williams again reached more points directly from the administration.

"Daniela not such a grueling donate any balls. Hesitated twice - once for the state of 2:2 and 30:0, once in the second set 3-3 when I thought that it rotates. In a possible third set should my zverenka more forces. Has natrénované, heat it does not interfere. Sam sees where it creaked. I still think he has the top ten. I believe it was pushed there. It is not yet too late, is in amazing shape," said coach Sanchez.

Hantuchova after losing a favorite of the whole Open did not conceal her disappointment.

"It's frustrating. Its administration, not much had made up. Although it's not always help you ace or some shot in the important moments. Therefore, the unit," Hantuchova told.

"I never stopped and Composition at 3:3 am bringing my little haste, I got Delay warning. I was not prepared for the ball, the gem was such a runaway. Today it was so average. The fact that I beat her, I'd have to play much better. "

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. January 2014 23:19 

Local Time:
That's great that Daniela has a coach who really believes in her, but he's honest too to say that her tactics were all wrong against Williams and that she must be more intelligent on court.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next