Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here

media master
 Post subject: Re: The Bank of the West Classic, Stanford
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 13:20 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:28
Oh Danka somehow i had a bad feeling but i hoped you will prove me wrong...

Well take a break and try to find your love and passion again for L.A.

Go Aleks take the title now :P :P

Edit: I doubt Danka will find her magic form from Bali 07 until AO 08 again... The real Danka's back (Wimbly 2003-US 2006)

2003-2004 you mean

if you gonna complain about 2005 then you are asking to much: 10 times quarterfinal or better, 2 doubles titles, 2 grand slam mixed doubles titles highest rank in two years , top 20 again, top 10 defeats,winning the Hopman Cup, ...

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 13:39 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:28
Ouch. This can only be called a bad result and performance. Daniela was in a good position but collapsed and really played poorly. Maybe she was bothered by or concerned about her heel but she didn't play well.

Daniela has been sick or injured pretty much since the Australian Open so it will take her a few matches to get her sharpness and her confidence back and also for her to feel that she's over the injury. I'm not expecting too much in LA or Montreal but hopefully Daniela can get a decent draw there and get some wins to build up her confidence. Daniela's been in far worse situations than this and come back strongly and she's got a good team around her, so I've got every confidence she'll get over this but I'll be patient.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 13:59 

Local Time:

Edit: I doubt Danka will find her magic form from Bali 07 until AO 08 again... The real Danka's back (Wimbly 2003-US 2006)

2003-2004 you mean

if you gonna complain about 2005 then you are asking to much: 10 times quarterfinal or better, 2 doubles titles, 2 grand slam mixed doubles titles highest rank in two years , top 20 again, top 10 defeats,winning the Hopman Cup, ...

Well sorry i know Danka only since the end of 2005 and when i saw her match in linz against schnyder in 05 (2-6 1-6) and 07 (6-4 6-2) i have to say these ar 2 completely different Hantuchovas.

From what i saw of her activity, 2005 was much better than 2004. The Mixed Doubles Titles ok very good. Doubles Titles are also ok. But too many QF Finishes. And her run to L.A. Final was only impressive due to her Victory against Dementieva.

She was at her best between Bali 07 and AO 08. Better than in 2002 or 2005. That's my opinion. I doubt she's going to be as strong again, for sure not in 2008. I hope for a Fall-Wonder again (2006, Zurich Final) on which follows a great year (2007). Only her Grand-Slams were bad in 2007.

Go Danka

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 14:24 

Local Time:
I think Daniela did pretty well at Indian Wells 2007, just my opinion.

media master
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 14:45 

Local Time:

2003-2004 you mean

Well sorry i know Danka only since the end of 2005 and when i saw her match in linz against schnyder in 05 (2-6 1-6) and 07 (6-4 6-2) i have to say these ar 2 completely different Hantuchovas.

From what i saw of her activity, 2005 was much better than 2004. The Mixed Doubles Titles ok very good. Doubles Titles are also ok. But too many QF Finishes. And her run to L.A. Final was only impressive due to her Victory against Dementieva.

She was at her best between Bali 07 and AO 08. Better than in 2002 or 2005. That's my opinion. I doubt she's going to be as strong again, for sure not in 2008. I hope for a Fall-Wonder again (2006, Zurich Final) on which follows a great year (2007). Only her Grand-Slams were bad in 2007.

Go Danka

you don't have to apologize for it ;)

compared to 2007 then 2005 is indeed not the same but you have to compare it to the previous years (2003-2004) and then 2005 was really great with all the
quarter finals, cause we had to wait very long for it. That's why i am not really suprised you said you started to follow her at the end of 2005.
Then it's more difficult to understand what happened in all those years before that and how happy we all were with 2005.
her match in Linz was the last one of the season (the hard loss vs Schnyder) i guess it was time for a break after a very long season , cause in those days
every tournament she played , she also played doubles and mixed at slams.
3 weeks before that match she outplayed Schnyder in the old Filderstadt, same with Pennetta.
She even had her chances vs Davenport , but her service made the difference at the end of both sets. 1 week later she even had matchpoints vs Davenport (while she was nr 1 one off the world) ok she choked , but i just want to show you that the Linz match was a accident lol :)

The final in La was for many more reasons great , not only for defeating a top 10 player but it was her first final since 14 months, and she defeated a few lower
ranked players in a row, something she wasn't capable off from half 2003 till half 2004 , for a year long she didn't reacht a quarter final.

that she had her best period from september last year till januari this year, i think we all agree about that.
but you said 2003-2006 old danka , wich made it sound like she wasn't good in 2005 , cause 2003-2004 was a disaster.

what she did in 2007 is probably the highest she can achieve after followwing her for 7 years, if she can't change it mentally , she won't be top 5 again.
of course i can start posting: she will be number one next year, but that's not really realistic
but im happy with repeating 2007 , those results were really great, but that will be for 2009 im afraid

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Last edited by kallur83 on 17. July 2008 14:52, edited 4 times in total.

media master
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 14:46 

Local Time:
I think Daniela did pretty well at Indian Wells 2007, just my opinion.

chungwit humor :lol:

ITF Champion
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 17:37 

Local Time:
Even I haven´t had a chance to watch the match, regardless of anything it was always going to be an awful result.

Sugi is a difficult player on all situations, especially for Dani who doesn´t seem able to put aside what seems to be a good friendship.
As a player Sugi is physically and mentally a tough player to play against, even the "good" Dani would have problems, now a "bad" Dani that is clearly far from her best, can get the job done :roll:

Personally and because I had to go through the same with my brother, I think Daniela problem is not her fitness, or just problems with her tennis.
It is a matter of confidence and self believe in that the problem is behind her.
She will continue not to move well, and hit random shots and not use her best weapons if at any point if she is afraid of getting hurt again. :(
Watching Wimbledon matches it was obvious that on some points she just didn´t wanted to chase balls and gave them up because she had to quickly change direction and put all her heigth on her injured foot.
She can have the best draws, work like a maniac in practice and have all her fitness back, that now it´s not a confidence problem in her tennis ( it will be if she doesn´t get any good matches on her belt!!!!), she nedds to be supported by those closer to her into not longer having doubts ,cause if she´s not feeling comfortable there nothing wrong with stopping for as long as it takes.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 17:38 

Local Time:
Im taking the defeat quite casually because she's just back from injury and not a lot of match practice. I couldn't comment on the performance thing from 2005 and before because i have been a fan of hers since 06 (Though it seems like longer) but i think IW07 was a big step forwards from the breakdownform in 03 (as i call the dark times). Though i never experienced those dark times as i was not a fan of hers at that time but as i have read up on it i can imagin what she went through. So IMO, IW07 through to AO08 would be her best form. I understand though, the feeling there was in 05 when she reached the QF after having coming back from the depths insanity. For that i would say that 05 and 07-08 were equally special. In 05 it was good that she manage to fight back from what seemed like the end and in 07-08 she managed to go a step further by repeating her win from the IW02 in IW07 and ofcourse her AU08 semi(her best win from a professional point of view). She's had a little dip of recent with the virus and heel problems but im looking forward to seeing Daniela coming back from these's setbacks just as she has rightfully done before. I hope she's back in the game by the time the Olympics is here. She has plenty of time to come back and make this an even better year and i havn't given up hope for this year yet. Anything can happen IMO. Keep the faith folks and goodluck Daniela.

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Site Admin
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 17:39 

Local Time:
From slovak press:

"Sugi's performance was very solid, she was patient and wasn't making errors, while in my own game were too many errors and negatives. After long pause caused by the injury I need to get match play. However, I am glad that I finally could practice the way I normally do and play tennis without feeling any pain."

"I led 3-0, had some chances then, but my opponent played well, while I made mistakes at important moments."

hellene fan
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 18:01 

Local Time:
thanks martin.
glad to hear she isnt feeling pain

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 18:08 

Local Time:
That result makes me sad. It is not the fact that Daniela lost to Sugiyama, but it is the way she lost. Unfortunatelly I wasn't able to follow the match yesterday, but what I read here, Daniela was playing really bad after the 3:0 lead. Maybe it would have been better to play the first round also rather than to get a by.

Hope she gets some confidence till LA, because there the draw will be so much tougher than here in Stanford. It will be very tough to get some victories.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 18:13 

Local Time:
I had no expectations coming into this part of the season, but its still disappointing even more so considering the score line. Hopefully Daniela can improve match by match and build the confidence she needs, but i think we might just have to get used to this for the time being

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Site Admin
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 18:18 

Local Time:
Even I haven´t had a chance to watch the match, regardless of anything it was always going to be an awful result.

Sugi is a difficult player on all situations, especially for Dani who doesn´t seem able to put aside what seems to be a good friendship.
As a player Sugi is physically and mentally a tough player to play against, even the "good" Dani would have problems, now a "bad" Dani that is clearly far from her best, can get the job done :roll:

Personally and because I had to go through the same with my brother, I think Daniela problem is not her fitness, or just problems with her tennis.
It is a matter of confidence and self believe in that the problem is behind her.
She will continue not to move well, and hit random shots and not use her best weapons if at any point if she is afraid of getting hurt again. :(
Watching Wimbledon matches it was obvious that on some points she just didn´t wanted to chase balls and gave them up because she had to quickly change direction and put all her heigth on her injured foot.
She can have the best draws, work like a maniac in practice and have all her fitness back, that now it´s not a confidence problem in her tennis ( it will be if she doesn´t get any good matches on her belt!!!!), she nedds to be supported by those closer to her into not longer having doubts ,cause if she´s not feeling comfortable there nothing wrong with stopping for as long as it takes.
From someone who watched the match: I actually think movement wasn't the issue yesterday. Or at least not in case of chasing the balls, Sugiyama's shots are not penetrating enough to reveal possible issues however, I am aware of that. Footwork and court positioning wasn't always perfect, especially on return (Daniela missed many of them), but nothing we haven't seen already. She struggled with 1st serve and Sugiyama knows how to return Daniela's useless predictable 2nd serve. There were good signs though, especially in the first 3-4 games when Daniela played really well, that it won't last long before she gets back on track. She also played a solid doubles match on Tuesday. I am being optimistic.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 18:25 

Local Time:
In the past couple of years Daniela's had defeats that were as bad as this and to far worse players but she's bounced back strongly. In 2006, she lost in straight sets to Melinda Czink in Bali, but followed that by getting the the quarter-final in Stuttgart and the final in Zurich; last year Daniela lost in straight sets to Roberta Vinci in Tokyo, her next three tournaments were quarters in Dubai, semis in Doha and she won Indian Wells; Daniela lost 6-1 6-3 to Ondraskova in Berlin, the next week she got to the Rome semi. Finally, Daniela lost in the first round of the US Open to Vakulenko, she finished the year with a semi in Kolkata, finals in Bali and Luxembourg before winning Linz and qualifying for the Tour Championship.

Daniela has been out for a while and is coming back from injury and this wasn't a good performance but she's shown that she's a strong and resilient character who fights back against adversity.

media master
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 18:36 

Local Time:
In the past couple of years Daniela's had defeats that were as bad as this and to far worse players but she's bounced back strongly. In 2006, she lost in straight sets to Melinda Czink in Bali, but followed that by getting the the quarter-final in Stuttgart and the final in Zurich; last year Daniela lost in straight sets to Roberta Vinci in Tokyo, her next three tournaments were quarters in Dubai, semis in Doha and she won Indian Wells; Daniela lost 6-1 6-3 to Ondraskova in Berlin, the next week she got to the Rome semi. Finally, Daniela lost in the first round of the US Open to Vakulenko, she finished the year with a semi in Kolkata, finals in Bali and Luxembourg before winning Linz and qualifying for the Tour Championship.

Daniela has been out for a while and is coming back from injury and this wasn't a good performance but she's shown that she's a strong and resilient character who fights back against adversity.

i agree with you that this defeat isn't the end off the world, most of us knew this would happen, i only think it will take some extra weeks to have a good result again, like you mentioned about the previous years. Cause those were just accidents, now she needs to build up everthing, she will be top again when it's the US Open, i only hope it will happen sooner then that (Beijing ;) )

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next