Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Bank of the West Classic, Stanford
PostPosted: 5. July 2008 19:06 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 13:58
Williams has no reason to withdraw so I would be fairly surpirsed if she did, particularly because both Venus and her are trying to play full calendars this year.

If Serena's trying to play a full schedule, she's doing a lousy job of it as she's only played eight tournaments so far. And she's withdrawn from plenty of events when she has had no good reason. You just never know when the next mysterious "muscle pull" or cosmetic surgery is going to pop up.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. July 2008 23:10 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 19:58
Williams has no reason to withdraw so I would be fairly surpirsed if she did, particularly because both Venus and her are trying to play full calendars this year.

If Serena's trying to play a full schedule, she's doing a lousy job of it as she's only played eight tournaments so far. And she's withdrawn from plenty of events when she has had no good reason. You just never know when the next mysterious "muscle pull" or cosmetic surgery is going to pop up.

If you've got quality and you get good results in the tournaments you do enter then there is no need to play every week like Jankovic or Chakvetadze.
Sharapova and Venus Williams have played eight tournaments too, and Ivanovic has played just ten.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 00:24 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 20:58
Serena is notorious for her late withdrawals. What's the issue here? The sole fact she pulls out a lot can't be contested. I too wouldn't be surprised if she did it again, on the other hand this tournament is in the states.
Anyway, Daniela needs matches under her belt. So maybe it's better she will play from the 1st round likely against an easier opponent than she would get in the 2nd round.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 01:17 

Local Time:
|7. May 2024| 05:58
finally she will comeback.. man its just been too long
lets just hope she gets through this without re-injuring and that she gets some good court time under her belt
as i read earlier from someone it is all about baby steps.. i thought that statement was so true :)

Member since 27.01.2006

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 10:11 

Local Time:
Serena is notorious for her late withdrawals. What's the issue here? The sole fact she pulls out a lot can't be contested. I too wouldn't be surprised if she did it again, on the other hand this tournament is in the states.
Anyway, Daniela needs matches under her belt. So maybe it's better she will play from the 1st round likely against an easier opponent than she would get in the 2nd round.

Yeah you are right. It doesn't matter if Daniela reaches the QF or SF or just the second round. It's just important to get as much match experience as possible. So it might be better to start in the first round and get a win, than to get a by in the first and lose in the second.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2008 23:14 

Local Time:
The most important thing is that Daniela's injury continues to heal and that she's able to play here with no ill effects. Her health is the most important thing and everything else is a bonus. If she can play well and get some wins then it would really boost her confidence, both in her play and her health. However, it will take her a while to get her level of play back, so we have to be patient.
Hopefully she can put in a good performance and build towards the Olympics and the US Open. I really hope Daniela's fit for the Olympics because it would mean so much for her to play at them.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. July 2008 12:05 

Local Time:
Im just gonna be glad she's back to where she belongs. Playing on the tour because it hasn't been the same without her. Looking forward to many more exciting matches with Daniela. Cant wait to see you

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. July 2008 22:07 

Local Time:
Ive always said that the American hard court swing is my favourite part of the season, and im so glad to see Daniela back for it and hopefully she can surprise us with some good results. But I think im at a stage now where i feel the rest of the this season is simply just a preparation for next season, with a fresh start back in Australia

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 8. July 2008 10:31 

Local Time:
draw at friday

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. July 2008 00:28 

Local Time:
Dementieva has withdrawn, so Daniela is now the fourth seed and the recipient of a bye.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 10. July 2008 11:39 

Local Time:
Dementieva has withdrawn, so Daniela is now the fourth seed and the recipient of a bye.

do you know why she withdrew?

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. July 2008 12:13 

Local Time:

I don't know. The source here is The Boiled Egg at WTA World who is in the know about these kind of things. There's no reason listed though and for what it's worth she's still on the tournament website's entry list. I'd be more likely to trust Boiled Egg though.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 10. July 2008 12:46 

Local Time:

I don't know. The source here is The Boiled Egg at WTA World who is in the know about these kind of things. There's no reason listed though and for what it's worth she's still on the tournament website's entry list. I'd be more likely to trust Boiled Egg though.

yes me too, he seems to know everything

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. July 2008 18:35 

Local Time:
Thats good news on two levels, one cause Daniela gets a bye and two dementieva is a very dangerous player. Hope the injury or whatever has caused her to withdraw though isnt too serious

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 10. July 2008 19:39 

Local Time:

yes me too, he seems to know everything

not sure if i can say this but let's say he's a friend of a former coach from Daniela ;)
Old wtaworld members will confirm that story , during a Eastbourne or Birmingham tournament years ago he was sitting next to him and they were talking , and Daniela yelled: Get Out ...

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next