Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 5. September 2013 03:20 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 02:35
Daniela's press conference:
She's so disappointed.

An interview with: DANIELA HANTUCHOVA
Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Q. Obviously there were opportunities there and lots of breaks and so on. How do you feel overall? Do you feel like there were missed opportunities there?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Definitely. I didn't feel like I played my best tennis today, which is unfortunate because I had many chances and didn't hold my serves when I needed to. Throughout the whole tournament my serve was working great, just not tonight. I mean, I was trying everything, but it was just not going my way. Very disappointed with the performance, because I know what I can do and how I can play. So I was going into the match feeling confident; just didn't work out today.

Q. Is she a very different player to play against than she was two or three years ago?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: She's always been very solid and she doesn't give you anything for free. She makes very few mistakes; moves extremely well. I knew what to expect. Like I said, it was just from my side. I didn't bring out the best of me.

Q. There was a couple of double faults there, as well, that cost you.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, especially that 2-all game. That was huge.

Q. What's your schedule after this?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I'm supposed to play in Tokyo if I get in, and then Beijing, Linz, and Moscow.

Tennis U.S. Open: Hantuchova appreciates the finals: "Very helpful brother Igor"

Hantuchova after losing to Azarenka hide its disappointment. "I am very disappointed that I nepredviedla his best tennis. In training I played fantastic against" Vike "I believed, but today it was not my best day. Guess I was unnecessarily premotivovaná, I wanted to play more than was necessary and it implies Unforced errors. Skoda beginning of the second set, kebyže stay ahead and increase to 3:0, it could be a completely different match. did not I get into the right rhythm, a few balls after the wind blew me move. Azarenka not surprise me nothing, played solid and well varied. When I started spreading the villages and got me under pressure and was dominant. I felt that at the workshop I have a lot of time wasted but I tried to play at all costs Winner, which stemmed from mistakes , it was also bustling," Hantuchova said in a conference call with the Slovak media.

Slovakian after his performance at the U.S. Open revealed that just before the tournament ended its association with the Spanish coach Eduard Nicolas, under whose leadership in June won a turf event in Birmingham, England. In New York, her advice helped coach Sven Gröneveld, one of the founders of the development program of the company Adidas and her brother Igor Hantuch. "Just before the start of the U.S. Open I broke up with coach Nicolas and took matters into their own hands. Helped me very Sven Gröneveld and my brother Igor, who knows me best. Was a huge support for me and also extend thanks to him. I had great conditions and background, which is also reflected in the results. I'm very happy with how I played in New York the whole tournament, I look forward to the finals of the procedure. Had someone before the U.S. Open saying that I get to the elite eight, about to laugh about it. now I expect a difficult task to find a new coach. allow myself a short break, then start preparation for the Asian tournaments in Tokyo and Beijing," said Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2013 19:32 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 03:35
Interesting, Paes and Stepanek just took out the Bryan brothers and are through to the men's final.

Like I said after hearing about the mixed doubles "sign-in mix up" for Daniela and Paes, it certainly was a blessing in disguise. Paes was able to focus on the men's doubles and Daniela the singles :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2013 21:16 

Local Time:
Hantuchova is looking for coach

"I'm disappointed that today was not my day," said Hantuchova in a conference interview. "I Nepredviedla his best tennis. I guess I was unnecessarily premotivovaná. I wanted to play more than was necessary, and the resultant Unforced errors."

"If someone at the start of the tournament said that the procedure to finals, I'd probably just laugh," she confessed. "After a breakup with a coach Nicolas I took matters into their own hands."

Will the Slovak number two

"Daniela in New York used the favorable beautiful card and failure favoritiek," said coach Fed Cup representation Matej Liptak. "I do not want to say it was easier, but maybe a little different. Who defeated, it does not matter now. Grand Slam quarterfinal at the result is always valuable. "
@ google translate
Hantuchova won the U.S. Open premium 325 thousand dollars and 500 points in the rankings. The new renkingu of the 48th point moves to the thirties. Surpass Magdalene Rybáriková and become number two in Slovak Dominika Cibulkova. Its present maximum is 5 place in January 2003.

"Hard to say where it belongs Daniela in the ranking," said Liptak. "But certainly deserves a higher status than did before the U.S. Open. The procedure in the rankings is satisfaction for the work of tennis scores."
@ google translate

Skoda second set. Hantuchova at the U.S. Open in the quarterfinals said farewell

"Overall, I am with my appearance at this tournament very satisfied. I'm very happy with how I played here. If someone said at the beginning of the procedure to the finals, I might have laughed him. I did not feel right does best. I am glad that I finally mastered by the fact that shortly before the tournament I ended up with a trainer and quasi-I took it into their own hands. Brother helped me incredibly, he knows me best. He was a great support to me, he is like a great big thanks to Sven. I was here excellent conditions and facilities, it is reflected in the results. Of course, you'll surely find a trainer, but now I have addressed," said D. Hantuchova, who will introduce the next 22 September in Tokyo and apparently there eventually will play doubles with Martina Hingis, although Švajčiarka during the U.S. Open at the press conference announced such plans. "Be sure to allow myself a few days' leave it to the very forward. Martin and we are now talking now and in the context of the Tokyo springs looks rather no than yes. She does the same period has any obligations beyond the court. She said that I can understand. At this point, therefore, do not really know," noted Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2013 04:29 

Local Time:
|17. April 2024| 21:35
Despite Daniela's departure, I will keep an eye on the semis. If Vika finds a way to lose to Pannetta, I'll be ill because that will keep Dani out of the top 30, something she has fought hard to get back to. If Li somehow beats Serena I'll be iller still. Had our gal found a way yesterday, and the path to the title ended up being Pannetta and Li, who Daniela has had a lot of success with, we will always wonder what might have been.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2013 21:01 

Local Time:
Well Pennetta has only managed to hold serve once so far and is 4-6 1-4 down.

Pennetta broken again, only held once out of 9 service games 4-6 2-5 (Daniela held twice in her match) 4-6 2-6

Daniela will be #30 Pennetta will be #31 :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2013 21:26 

Local Time:
Dani's in the top 30! This is hard to do, but mucho obligo, Pricka!
Guess we can't take our gal to task too much for her service woes after Flavia's display.

I'm very disappointed right now-this was her chance

Well, Benji, you did say the proper song was Helplessly Hoping! :)
Now I know that this is 20-20 hindsight, but since Serena made the final as expected, we really can't say that this was Daniela's glittering opportunity to win a Slam as she would have had to beat #1 & #2, plus a red hot player in the semis. Many things fell nicely into place for Daniela to reach the quarters. To win a major at this point, absolutely everything has to fall into place. And that's not to say that's impossible.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 7. September 2013 05:49, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2013 23:23 

Local Time:
What crappy semi-finals

I definitely feel that Daniela wasn't as used to a night match on Arthur Ashe as Azarenka. I think if it had been during the day Daniela would have been able to serve better, she probably wouldn't have won the match but the score would have been closer.

I think Azarenka plays better at night.

Li was so bad against Serena in the semis until the last 15 minutes..it's really weird how Serena just intimidates her opponents so much that they rarely bring their A game.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. September 2013 17:17 

Local Time:
Li Na should have said she was a drug tester, that's enough to send Serena Williams into a panic room to hide.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. September 2013 18:06 

Local Time:
Congrats to Daniela on surpassing the $9 million mark for career earnings; she made a good chunk of change by reaching the quarters. The positive pub she's been getting for that and the Hingis hoopla should help her House of the Smile charity and the others she's involved in. She should sell out the 2014 calendar with ease. And there might be a little $ left over for her to get more dresses, crepes, and Nutella! :lol:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2013 17:20 

Local Time:
Any news on who her new coach might be? I was thinking Antonio van Grichen would be a possibility...?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2013 22:16 

Local Time:
I hear Jimmy Connors is available. :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. September 2013 02:04 

Local Time:
Geez, how about one of us? Who knows Daniela better than we do? :o

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. September 2013 15:20 

Local Time:
We'll find out who's going to be coaching her in Tokyo although I suspect it's probably going to be Groeneveld and/or Igor for Tokyo. This is the time of year when Daniela normally changes coaches but a lot depends on who's available. She may have someone on trial for the rest of the season or have someone in time for the indoor tournaments and the off season. It wouldn't surprise me if she was waiting to see what happens between Cibulkova and Liptak. Hopefully, it's someone good.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. September 2013 19:11 

Local Time:
Here's another question. Daniela is currently eligible to compete in YEC in Sofia. If she remains eligible do you think she'd play there again despite last years disaster? Theres some good points on offer for any round robin win and a SF or better would probably guarantee Daniela a seeding for Australian Open, even taking off those Brisbane quarterfinals points taken off. However, I think Sofia did more damage than good to Daniela last year and the surface there was horrid...thoughts please anyone?!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. September 2013 20:44 

Local Time:
Well, Dani is already in that exhibition with Ivanovic and others a couple of weeks after that. She loves to play, and she always wants to acquit herself at a tourney which she had performed poorly in the previous year. And it is billed as a tournament of champions, which would give our gal a source of pride as she has a championship win this year, and all but killed herself to achieve it. If healthy enough, I can see no reason for Daniela to not play in Sofia, and I darn sure hope she does and grabs a win or two.

Looks like Anastasia Alphabet may well pass Dani and knock her out of the top 30. Frig. :(

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next