Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 1. September 2013 17:34 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:49
In today's tennis I miss more humility, says Hantuchova
Matej Grošek, New York | 01.09.2013 12:15
With Izraelčankou Gluškovovou play the 3:6, 2:5 and 0:30, but refer! "I'm proud of how I managed the game mentally," saying Daniela Hantuchova.

Matches are played in difficult conditions - in New York it was 28 degrees Celsius, humidity close to 80%. Yet you yourself have found the strength to ward off four mečbalov ...
I did not expect to be such a struggle to win. On the court, I felt more like 28 degrees. Very difficult to me to breathe. Although I did not play the best tennis, but those I did not deal at all. It was essential that in every exchange I gave everything.

What you thought when mečbaloch grueling?
Honestly, even I did not realize that they had so many. Brother to me after the game said he was four. I was in such a daze that I have played the ball as usual.

During the match, you receive spasms. It was precisely due to high humidity?
Apparently so. With so something because normally I do not have problems. I tried to drink a lot, but it did not help me much.

What do you know about surplice before the game?
Neither one of the female players, against whom I have the tournament started, I have not seen before. Even Gluškovovú I just looked at the video and I knew that I was waiting for challenging combat. At this stage of the tournament has played well for everyone. It does not matter what name you standing over the court.

How much time do you spend on creating a relatively unknown toys?
An hour, maybe two. No need to overdo it, though young players are always very uncomfortable. Majority have nothing to lose.

It seems that this year will the U.S. Open was perfect and good luck with lottery tickets.
I'm glad I have a chance to use. However, I must admit that it was not easy matches. Especially the second round with a home Duval took me a lot of mental strength.

What's your fitness?
I am well prepared. For training we're working really the way of which now I draw.

The eight will you call home Riskeovú. What game do you expect?
I played with her in Birmingham. It's very annoying toys, excellent running around, a very fast strikes, it will be a very difficult match. On paper it does not look so indeed, but the opposite is true.

U.S. Open you played the doubles alongside Martina Hingis. It was the experience?
Yes, for sure. Martina is a great champion, on the court we have great time together. Too bad that we dropped the outset, but we had bad luck on the ticket when we received the highest seeded pair. In other circumstances, we could go far.

How did you convince her to return?
At Roland Garros in Paris, I asked whether we would still not warmed up together. Then said she'd think about it and I'm glad she decided to return. For tennis is very good. And of course the fans.

What is Hingis deblových partner?
There is still exceptional, just the way the game reads. Once a champion of someone, it will be forever. Tennis incredibly mean, able to talk about it hours.

You can also sit down humanely?
Both are respected, we understand. Perhaps this is due to the fact that we are born in places away ten minutes apart (laughs).

At the U.S. Open for the first time you played in 2000, has since changed this tournament?
In particular, the quality of tennis. Once the first three or four rounds just to kick the. Now, when the player is not one hundred percent ready physically and concentrated on every game, so hardly bear victories.

The New York Times you a little posťažovali that you miss tennis for the times when you started. What do you miss most and what you find in today's tennis does not smell?
Before the toys, especially those of the top ten, one second each weighed. Between them was greater humility. Now the young tennis players often do not behave as they should be. This is because, as held and in what environment growing up. They should realize that they are lucky that they can make a living playing tennis. It would not hurt if you appreciate it more.

You will be surprised abrupt end Bartoli?
Certainly surprised everyone. Apparently even France itself (laughs). However, I think that a year is back.

At the tournament in Carlsbad are twice defeated Peschke 6:0. Do you remember in your career at the same result - perhaps in the opposite garde?
Assuredly not, until then I did not win that way, but it does not lose either.

Council you play golf, you get to it during the U.S. tour?
Not at all. It'll keep for later, when you say goodbye to New York.

In San Diego you before the game waited MLB baseball honors and should have the first opportunity he suggested. You should not have stage fright?
Not really. Before I bowled trénigovej rehearsed in the hall. In addition, players have previously pointed out that I gave careful because on youtube are various celebrity trials that are not slick. I was among them, fortunately, did not list.

Do you have after so many years profiokruhu still some tennis dreams?
I want to first of all have fun playing tennis. Especially since I'm doing it. In any case, it is not yet the beginning of my end.
@ google translate + video interview in Slovak.

- video interview in Slovak.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. September 2013 20:52 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:49
1st up on Ashe Monday.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2013 22:49 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:49
There's still no proper highlights of Daniela vs Glushko, anyone find anything?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 00:29 

Local Time:
Chungwit, when you posted on the FB page "What an incredible woman", you displayed complete mastery of the understatement.
With all that has gone on this week, I'm left to wonder exactly who stole Dani's outfits and impersonated her in New Haven :?: :!:
All the luck and positive vibes to Daniela for tomorrow, as she faces a Riske proposition.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 00:47 

Local Time:
This is a really good opportunity for Daniela especially as she's beaten Riske twice before and she's got far more experience of big matches. Riske is in the form of her life at the moment and she's beaten Barthel and Kvitova to get here so she'll feel confident. A lot will depend on how Riske reacts to the occasion. Hopefully Daniela's fit and her shoulder doesn't give her any problems and the conditions are decent.

I've not found anything yet, eddy, although something should turn up. We get to see Daniela play tomorrow.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 02:54 

Local Time:
According to the Weather Channel, tomorrow in Flushing at 11AM: about the same as last match. Isolated thunderstorms, 77ºF (25ºC), 82% humidity, 6 mph (10 km/h) winds. Scattered storms continue all day and all night.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 10:24 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:49
How does Riske play?

Did Daniela split with Eduardo Nicolás? Her team picture had Sven Groeneveld. But I'm not sure if he's just an Adidas coach.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 12:51 

Local Time:
How does Riske play?

Did Daniela split with Eduardo Nicolás? Her team picture had Sven Groeneveld. But I'm not sure if he's just an Adidas coach.

Wouldn't be surprised. Results aside from Birmingham have been pretty awful,and she seems to have done much better with just her brother around.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 14:56 

Local Time:
1 hour to go,really nervous

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 15:52 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: The grueling mečbaly do not remember
Published ago
Top tennis players have said that for them the Grand Slam tournament to begin in the second week. Of the eight representatives of the Slovak tennis at this year's U.S. Open this week in New York will play only Daniela Hantuchova.

In the third set 5:4 state should Glušková four mečbaly. Do you remember the last time you turn the game such a grueling chance of winning and development have turned in their favor?
"I do not remember. I did not perceive the situation. I went from exchange to exchange, after the game I can not remember them longer. In this fight I fought for every ball, even if the outcome it look all kinds of ways. I put everything into it. "

What decision?
"Experience, caps and stronger nerves. I am pleased that the more that the conditions we had a very difficult, it was stuffy. In the end, showed my better fitness readiness. Serve grueling came from either. She played great, courageous. "

Match point you turned forehand volley into the net. Then you smile with your finger to show respect. Who?
"The brother Igor. He came with me to New York , there is a great support to me. I'm glad I have it with you. "

The former world number one Martina Hingis you the day before succumbing ingenuity pair Erraniová - Vinci 3:6, 5:7. Sad sack lot?
"We really had a very hard grueling, but we played a great match. Martina is a champion, play with it is fun. I am glad that I managed to convince her to come back after six years at the tournament. Enjoy tennis, no pressure. It's good for the fans. "

You did not take it as a burden in addition to singles?
"Honestly, now I'm already glad that I can concentrate only on sigla. Moving in a lot of energy, so that in the future I need to be more attentive to where I will play doubles. "

After Carlsbad, Toronto, Cincinnati and New Haven are in New York with Hingis played the fifth tournament in a row. Where will you go on?
"We also agreed on the tournaments in Tokyo and Beijing. Then we consider what happens next. "

In Monday's eight encounter with Alison Riskeovou you on grass in Birmingham twice defeated. Are you glad that the American on Saturday won over the Czech Kvitova, with which you balance 1:6?
"At this stage of the tournament is already one who stands on the other side of the areola. Each SUPERKOV will play good tennis, so it was with Gluškovou. So it does not matter if there is Peťa Kvitova, or other toys. For me, it is now important regeneration and preparation, so I was set for the battle for finals. "

Riskeová began this year to 179 WTA site, so far has improved by 98 points. How would you describe it?
"Alison plays very uncomfortable. Performs typical American tennis rapid change, moves well. Even for me the important movement, relying on their experience. I have to see it to records of previous games and invent something to it. While I'm on the U.S. Open was based, I would like to stretch the series. "
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 16:12 

Local Time:
4th round:

1-0, Daniela holds to 30, serves 3 aces.
1-1, Riske holds to 15.
2-1, Daniela holds to 15.
2-2, Riske holds to 15.
3-2, Daniela holds to 15.
3-3, Daniela had a BP at 30-40 but Riske holds on her 3rd GP.
4-3, Daniela holds to 15.
5-3, Daniela breaks to 15.
6-3, Daniela holds to 15.

2nd set:

1-0, Daniela breaks after saving a GP then winning then next 3 points.
2-0, Daniela holds to 0.
2-1, Riske holds to 30.
3-1, Daniela holds to 0.
3-2, Riske holds to 15.
4-2, Daniela holds to 0, served 2 aces.
4-3, Riske holds to 30.
4-4, Daniela broken from 40-15.
4-5, Riske holds to 0.
5-5, Daniela holds to 15.
5-6, Riske holds to 15.
5-7, Daniela broken to 0.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 16:40 

Local Time:
Daniela is playing very well, but Riske still holds all her service games, this first set is so crucial..phenomenol break from Daniela, 5-3 please hold, fantastic hold

6-3

Riske serving first though in this set,

Daniela breaks

1-0
2-0 Daniela holds to love
Daniela needs a 2nd break
2-1 Riske plays a great service game, Daniela can't give Riske any hope
3-1 Daniela holds to 0
3-2 Riske holds easily, the crowd are building and are now more vocal for Riske, Daniela's got to hang tough here.
4-2 Daniela serves wonderfully and holds to love
4-3 Riske holds to 30
4-4 Riske plays amazing SHIT

Shit i'm nervous

OMG Rain, this is like fucking Wimbledon 2007, nothing's EVER straight-forward.. :(

Last edited by eddy on 2. September 2013 17:24, edited 13 times in total.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 16:46 

Local Time:
Brilliant 1st set!

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 16:47 

Local Time: