Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Topshelf Open, 's-Hertogenbosch
PostPosted: 17. June 2013 05:46 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:39
Dates: June 16 - 22, 2013 image
Venue: 's-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands
Tier: International
Prize Money: $235,000
Surface: Grass/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Marcel Hunze

Official Website: www.topshelfopen.nl

Last Appearance: 2009 Quarter Final. Lost to Dinara Safina 6-1 4-6 3-6

Singles:
1R: [LL] Lesia Tsurenko (UKR) bt [WC] Daniela Hantuchova 5-0 ret

Doubles:
1R: Bye
QF: Lourdes Dominquez Lino/Garbine Muguruza bt [1] Daniela Hantuchova/Andrea Hlavackova WO.

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Topshelf Open, 's-Hertogenbosch
PostPosted: 17. June 2013 05:52 

Local Time:
Daniela faces lucky loser Lesia Tsuernko in the first round with Stephanie Voegele or qualifier Yulia Putintseva awaiting in round two should she progress. Daniela is drawn to meet number one seed Roberta Vinci in the quarter finals but should be full of confidence after her week in Birmingham.

Incidentally, the last time Daniela met Tsuernko was as a lucky loser in the Brisbane quarter finals earlier this year, with Tsuernko winning in straight sets. Their head to head currently stands at 1-1 with Daniela beating Tsurenko at the 2012 Australian Open in three sets.

In the doubles draw, Daniela is partnered by the Czech, Andrea Hlavackova and the pair are the number one seeds, receiving a first round bye. They will face an all Spanish pairing of Dominquez Lino/Muruguza or Soler-Espinosa/Suarez Navarro in the second round.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 17. June 2013 12:22 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 08:39
As I said in the Birmingham thread, I think it should be very easy to Daniela to reach, at least, QF. Tsurenko never did anything remarkable in grass, and both Voegele and Putintseva aren't the most difficult players Daniela could have in the draw.
Vinci won here in 2011 and reached 4th round in Wimbledon last year, but never faced a good tennis player in grass (Ashleigh Barty, Erakovic and Lucic-Baroni, lost to Paszek 2 and 2). So, if Daniela shows the same confidence and determination in here, as she showed in Birmingham, she can go far, and who knows, grab another grass title, as I don't see anyone in the draw with better tennis skills than Daniela, at least on grass.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2013 16:06 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:39
We all know that Daniela hasn't won back-to-back tourneys, so that would be astounding, but I'm not ready to start dissing any of her potential opponents. That's a hard learned lesson from many years ago. Gotta say that I'm still glowing inside over the win. That brought her career total, singles, doubles and mixed, to 19 titles. 20 would be a nice, round number. Maybe this week, Dani can actually complete the doubles portion of a tournament, and with Hlavackova, maybe she gets to the 20 mark that way. Hey, after last week, we are allowed to dream again! :)
My darling daughters bought me a Kindle for Father's Day. I'm going to figure out how it can get live scores straight from the WTA site. I have appreciated Livescorehunter on my crummy phone, but it did some frustrating things last week. Like having another match in progress at centre court just when Dani was ready to face Schaivone, leading to minutes of anxiety that she had withdrawn or something before they fixed it. Then yesterday, they had Vekic up 6-5 in the tiebreak, which never happened, but it led to more anxious moments. I'll be happy to not have to deal with that hardly ever again.
Just wondering...do any of you guys do totally senseless things in the superstitious hope that it somehow will help Daniela? I read yours, monmon. My computer would crash if I listed everything this Maniac does, but here's two that I do believe helped Dani's cause greatly in Birmingham. First, I adjusted how often scores were updated...every 6 minutes at :06 seconds, for the obvious reason. Then, there's a folder I keep with clippings and Internet stories about our gal's successes. It had been in the basement. At the start of last week, it was brought upstairs and placed atop the computer tower. Voila! What are some of yours?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 17. June 2013 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2013 17:01 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:39
Omg Alex I have so many!

If Daniela's losing I walk out of the room in the hope that me being deprived of watching her play will mean she starts makes great shots.

2nd thing I do is on eurosport you can move the cursor so you can watch as far back in the match as you like. So when things get tense I move the cursor about 2 or 3 points back in time as my nerves seem to take that better. It also means I can suddenly shift forward and see the score and last week a lot of the time it was to my delight as she had saved break points or broken serve and then I can go back and enjoy those crucial points! Obviously if I move the cursor forward and Daniela's gotten broken at least I havent had to witness it!!

A very important one for me is to shove the mouse cursor to the right of the screen as far as I can. Weird but if my mouse cursor is on the left she invariably loses!

Sometimes I just shout at the screen. For example if she's up 40-15 for example and shout win one of the next 3 points Daniela so at least she'll still have advantage!

Seriously I'm pretty close to being sent to a looney bin!

Other people should admit their superstitions too!!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2013 18:05 

Local Time:
I love it, eddy! :lol: We are kindred spirits! I use the walk out of the room as well, only after a set is lost. Give it 15 minute time out! And, even if I'm watching a replay of a match I know Daniela's won, I fast-forward through lost games. There's too many more to count!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2013 19:23 

Local Time:
As long as Daniela's fit and doesn't have a let down after Birmingham, she should beat Tsurenko as Tsurenko doesn't have a great record on grass. Tsurenko beat Daniela in Brisbane this year, although Daniela was hurt, and she also took a set off Daniela at the 2012 Australian Open, so she'll feel confident. So much will depend on Daniela's level and fitness and whether she can maintain the momentum from Birmingham.

I wasn't worried about Daniela playing Oprandi but I think that Tsurenko could be tricky. Three of Tsurenko's last four losses have been against Slovakians so hopefully Daniela will make it 4 out of 5. I'd favour Daniela against Voegele in the second round, she beat Putintseva in 3 sets in a really close match and Voegele's been in decent form this year. Vinci is the seed but Kanepi and Halep are also potential quarter-final opponents and they've both got recent wins against Daniela and also won tournaments recently as well, albeit on clay. Daniela has to get past Tsurenko first and it could be tough.

I'm excited about Daniela playing with Andrea Hlavackova in the doubles as Hlavackova is one of the best doubles players and they've got a great chance of doing well here. I'd like Hlavackova to be Daniela's permanent partner although she'll stay with Hradecka who Daniela would have played with in Strasbourg.

After Daniela lost in the first round of Roland Garros in 2004, I listened to the Pixies a lot and Daniela had a great run on grass in Eastbourne; after Daniela lost at Roland Garros this year I made Frank Black my avatar and Daniela won Birmingham.
Kim Deal's just left the Pixies.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2013 20:18 

Local Time:
Daniela's the first match on Court 1 tomorrow, 11 am start.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 01:01 

Local Time:
With a win tomorrow, Daniela will equal the longest winning streak of her career.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 03:59 

Local Time:
Thanks for saving me some time, Chungwit. I was going to check on Daniela's longest win streak.
According to the schedule I just saw on the WTA site, Dani's match is 2nd up after one between guys named Llodra and Paire. I'll stand corrected if that's incorrect.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 12:13 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:39
Well, sadly I won't be able to see Daniela. Finances are less than ideal and uni gets in the way as well. I'm already regretting it a bit, but better safe than sorry.

edit: I'm kinda glad now, since Daniela retired and was down 5-0. Damn.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 12:20 

Local Time:
Very sad. I assume it's the ankle she injured against Schiavone?

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 12:21 

Local Time:
no it was not the ankle. maybe because of the heat she felt not good. i can't really saw it

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 12:31 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:39
Me thinks she might just be exhausted, that score line seemed more like a resulto of lack of stamina. I bet she hand't withdrawn before because she had a WC.

Hope she rests and is healthy for Wimbledon.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 12:40 

Local Time:
Yes,apparently she was complaining of dizziness to the trainer. It can't have been the heat because it was like the Arctic circle in England last week.

Too much champagne downed on Sunday night,I fear. :)

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next