Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Topshelf Open, 's-Hertogenbosch
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 13:37 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:30
Daniela fandom 101: From the highest high to the lowest low in 2 days. :( If it's simply that the tank emptied, I guess it's better now than 2 days ago or next week. Certainly we'll all be interested in how doubles is handled. Hey, at least we don't have to go back too far for pleasant memories. Get well quickly, young lady!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 15:03 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 17:30
Emotional and physical exertions of last week finally caught up with her. Hope she withdraws from doubles too. Rest well Daniela and give your all in SW19.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 17:39 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:30
I just hope that this is nothing too serious. Daniela had such a physically and mentally gruelling week in Birmingham, spending more then 12 hours on court and to go from the euphoria of Sunday to another country and having to start again was going to be tough and so it was. Hopefully Daniela's okay and she can rest for Wimbledon. The Slovak media are saying it was nausea and that no decision has been made about doubles.
Schiavone and Rybarikova also had long weeks in Birmingham and they both went out as well.

Isn't it an incredible coincidence that Tsurenko gets into two tournaments as a lucky loser and Daniela gets sick or injured against her both times.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 19:50 

Local Time:
I didn't awaken today until all this went down. Look what happens when I'm not humming "We'll Be Singin' When We're Winnin'" during the match or checking the score update every 6 minutes at :60 seconds. :roll: My apologies, Dani!
If indeed this is only dizziness/nausea/travel after 6 grueling matches in 6 days, and our gal is feeling better by tomorrow, it would be alright by me if she plays doubles. It would keep her sharp and possibly lead to another title.
You must have seen the picture of Daniela and her team celebrating at a restaurant. I have never seen a bigger freakin' bottle of wine in my entire life! :o I don't drink. I also don't preach. And after all Dani went through (I loved the story DANIandDELMania posted where the writer said that the win was "a testament to her steely character and determination"...even the journalists are getting it at long last!) last week, she can celebrate any old way she wants! :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 20:34 

Local Time:
I think that's the champagne from the Birmingham trophy ceremony, Alex, a Jeroboam of Moet & Chandon, could be a magnum though.
They gave Vekic some champagne as well, that's encouraging underage drinking.

Daniela & Andrea aren't playing tomorrow, so Daniela's got a day off to recover. A run in the doubles here would be great and keep the momentum going while it shouldn't take to much out of Daniela. They've got Dominguez Lino & Muguruza in their first match.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2013 22:12 

Local Time:
OK, then it's the biggest freakin' bottle of champagne I've ever seen! Quite pleased that Daniela gets an extra day before doubles. Not only is she playing well, she is catching a break here and there. I mean, what is going on here? :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2013 00:12 

Local Time:
Final thought about Birmingham (scout's honor!): Of all the headlines I found, one that nailed it perfectly was in my own area (Schenectady, NY Daily Gazette), which simply said "Hantuchova Best". Of course, we knew that a long time ago! Even the media is finally catching on.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2013 08:58 

Local Time:
From WTA website, thankfully it wasn't the ankle.

Lesia Tsurenko advanced when Daniela Hantuchova was forced to retire because of dizziness down 5-0 in the first set. The Slovak secured her first WTA grass court title just two days ago in Birmingham.

"It was just exhaustion after last week," Hantuchova said. "I really had nothing in me. I had a wonderful week last week, and I still wanted to give my best here, but sometimes the body says no. I came here to try, but it just didn't make sense, especially the week before Wimbledon."

- See more at:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2013 17:44 

Local Time:
Good news there, eddy. Halep just tore Vinci to shreds, love and one. So even had Dani reached third round, she really would have had a tiger by the tail.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2013 19:46 

Local Time:
Wow halep is becoming quite a force to be reckoned with.

Daniela withdrew from doubles.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2013 20:09 

Local Time:
Is this the definition of a wasted trip? I'll hope that this only to allow Daniela to get back to London, settle in and get some practice in on the grounds.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2013 21:04 

Local Time:
Is this the definition of a wasted trip? I'll hope that this only to allow Daniela to get back to London, settle in and get some practice in on the grounds.

Wimbledon players party was obviously much more enticing! :)

After Birmingham,I think she deserves a chance to let her hair down.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2013 21:10 

Local Time:
It's for the best that Daniela's withdrawn from doubles as Birmingham took so much out of her. She has to recuperate and get fit for Wimbledon and it's better that she does it in London where she can get used to the conditions than in the Netherlands. If she's fit and gets a decent draw then Daniela can do well at Wimbledon, so she has to give herself every chance.

It is a wee bit of a shame that Daniela couldn't play with Andrea but it would be nice if they can team up again because I think they'd make a really good team.

Tsurenko beat Voegele so at least she's taking advantage of her good luck here.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2013 22:08 

Local Time:
[quote="Benji"]Wimbledon players party was obviously much more enticing! :)

After Birmingham, I think she deserves a chance to let her hair down. quote]

I'll buy that! When things were going poorly earlier in the year, I did opine that Dani really seems to enjoy those parties and that might help keep her from retiring. A full week with almost no time on the court, plus a party, should leave her ready to go when the fortnight begins.
You know, after the perils of Birmingham, a week off isn't a bad thing for all of us, either! :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2013 07:51 

Local Time:
Was pathetically hoping that they would give Daniela no.32 seed instead of oprandi(who has never won a round at Wimbledon) once Venus announced she had withdrawn. But clearly Daniela's win didn't mean anything to the All England Club...dreading the draw tomorrow..

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next