Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 24. May 2013 00:22 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:13
Dates: May 26 - June 8, 2013 image
Venue: Paris, France
Tier: Grand Slam
Prize Money: $ 12,957,474
Surface: Clay/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Gilbert Ysern

Official Website: www.rolandgarros.com

2012 Performance: Did not play.
Last Appearance: 2011 4th round. Lost to Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-7 6-3 6-2

Singles:
1R: [18] Jelena Jankovic (SRB) bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-4 7-6(7)

Doubles:
1R: Jelena Jankovic/Mirjana Lucic-Baroni bt [16] Daniela Hantuchova/Anabel Medina Garrigues 6-4 3-6 6-2

Mixed Doubles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova/Jean-Julian Rojer bt [2] Elena Vesnina/Max Mirnyi 0-6 6-0 10-6
2R: Lucie Hradecka/Frantisek Cermak bt Daniela Hantuchova/Jean-Julien Rojer 7-6(5) 6-2

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 24. May 2013 00:36 

Local Time:
We'll see how Daniela does here. So much depend on how healthy she is and what her shoulder's like. If the conditions are warm with a fairly fast court then Daniela can do well and put in a decent run but if the conditions are like they were in Stasbourg, then it could be really tough. So much will depend on the draw as well. Hopefully Daniela can get a decent draw and she's able to get a few wins which would boost her ranking.

I just have to say that they last time Daniela was here was so awesome when she was riding that incredible wave and crushed Wozniacki, it would be so incredible if she could reproduce that form.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. May 2013 09:12 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 17:13
If Daniela can get a lowish seed ideally in the 2nd round then she's got a real chance to make the 3rd round. I can't believe Daniela hasn't won a grand slam match since AO 2012. Crazy. Unfortunately as she's not seeded there are so many players Daniela needs to avoid in the 1st round. The conditions are going to be like Strasbourg I'm afraid, maybe not as bad. To be honest one win here would be most welcome. When's the draw happening today?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. May 2013 11:41 

Local Time:
Jankovic. You never really know with her.......................

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. May 2013 13:32 

Local Time:
It's a tough draw as Jankovic seems to be coming into form as she had a good run in Rome beating Li Na before losing to Halep, she also beat Stosur in Stuttgart and she had a good run to the Miami semi-final. At the same time, she lost in the first round of Madrid to Scheepers and while she won Bogota and got to final of Charleston on clay the highest ranked player she beat at either event was Voegele at 63.

It is the sort of match that could be good for Daniela as it's going to be on one of the bigger courts and against someone that she's had success against in the past, although Jankovic has also had success against Daniela. Daniela will be the underdog but it's the sort of situation where she's played some of her best tennis this year.

If Daniela gets past Jankovic then she'd play Karolina Pliskova or Muguruza in the second round. Pliskova gave Daniela a hell of a battle in Dubai and Muguruza's had some very good wins this year. Daniela has to get past Jankovic first and that will be a tough match.

I just hope that Daniela's fit and able to do herself justice.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. May 2013 13:51 

Local Time:
A shame she faces a seed in the first round. I think Jankovic will come through unfortunately, but Daniela does have a chance as she could have faced a tougher 1st rounder. It's weird because I was recently watching on youtube 4th round 2010 highlights between these two. Jankovic isn't playing as well as she did back then, but it will be so important that Daniela gets off to a good start. I hope they play on Monday as the weather is going to most likely better on Monday than Sunday or Tuesday. At least Daniela will be on a showcourt. I reckon Suzanne Lenglen.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. May 2013 15:59 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:13
The first reaction is Oh, Lord. But I'm dutiful to numbers, and find that in actual 1st round matches this year, Daniela is 1-1 against top 20 players and 5-5 elsewise. Overall, she is 5-5 against top 30 (at the time the match was played) and 10-9 elsewise. Meaning, besides that this year's roller-coaster has more straight down drops and loop-de-loops than maybe ever, that there's no way to predict this one. Dani is 3-5 against Jankovic, who has won the last 2, including a straight set whipping in the French in 2010 and the horrifying 2011 Fed Cup match. That, plus the shoulder and the 3 match 1st round slam losing streak, seems quite gloomy. But, how do we know? How do we know? Fear the worst, hope for the best, the motto of all Daniela Maniacs!

Permit me to look far beyond Paris, guys. Stormy and I have finished booking for a trip to the West Coast, most of which will be spent in San Diego, everyone's health being good, I hope. It just so happens to be during the Carlsbad tourney. Look out, Daniela, the Maniac and his wife are coming to see you!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2013 11:53 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:13
I'm not holding my breath for this one. But she has a chance if she plays good tennis. That is a big IF, though.

Prove me wrong, danka!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2013 17:30 

Local Time:
Daniela beat Kuznetsova 6-2 in an exhibtion on Lenglen today, which is very encouraging and will give her confidence a boost. She was also practising with Anabel.

Have a great time in San Diego, Alex, and don't end up in New Mexico like Jovanovski did in 2011.

25th May 2013
Hantuchova defeated in training before sete RG Kuznetsova

Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova is encouraging manner publicly rozcvičila prior to their entry into the second Grand Slam tournament of the season Roland Garros on clay in Paris. On Saturday ...

PARIS 25 (Reuters) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova is encouraging manner publicly rozcvičila prior to their entry into the second Grand Slam tournament of the season Roland Garros on clay in Paris.

On Saturday she won in the training of local sete champion four seasons ago Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia's second most important villages Suzanne Lenglenovej convincingly 6-2.

Thirty Poprad native Hantuchova, who this week in Strasbourg doubles for not coming to problems with his right shoulder, will be 1 of international open championships of France in 2013 to face former leader of the world rankings Jelena Jankovic.

Serb on Saturday succumbed to an Italian Errani Sare, RG finalist in 2012, just 6:7 (6). Home Pauline Parmentier, who will infos, grueling, rekonvalescentku overcame Czech Petra Cetkovska 7:5.

Results of Saturday's public training sets in the afternoon promotional Benny Berthet Day before the second Grand Slam tennis tournament of the season Roland Garros in Paris:

MEN:

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (Fra) - Lucas Pouille (Fr.) 6:4
Richard Gasquet (Fra) - Tomas Berdych (CZE) 6:4
Kevin Anderson (South Africa) - Paul-Henri Mathieu (Fra) 7:5
Gilles Simon (Fra) - Lukas Rosol (CZE) 6:1
Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) - Benoit Paire (Fra) 6:3
Philipp Kohlschreiber (DEU) - Julien Benneteau (Fra) 6:3

WOMEN:

Daniela Hantuchova (Slovakia) - Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 6:2
Sara Errani (ITA) - Jelena Jankovic (SRB) 7-6 (6)
Niculescová Monica (ROU) - Caroline Garcia (Fr.) 6:4
Kristina Mladenovicová (Fr.) - Mallory Burdett (USA) 6:1
Pauline Parmentier (Fra) - Petra Cetkovska (CZE) 7:5
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2013 20:08 

Local Time:
Between the Svetlana result and a photo Prince Tennis posted on FB of Daniela practicing on Suzanne Lenglen Court, I am far more encouraged that a few days ago. I'm sure her shoulder will cause Daniela trouble for the rest of her career, but it seems very likely that her withdrawal was more precautionary than anything else. Reasons to hope again!

I will have to stay up very late tonight, Chungwit, to think of any reason to want to be in New Mexico!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2013 16:15 

Local Time:
Daniela's got Jankovic in the first round of the doubles as well. I bet they'll be playing against each other in the mixed doubles too. It's Daniela & Anabel, seeded 16, against Jankovic & Lucic-Baroni.

I will have to stay up very late tonight, Chungwit, to think of any reason to want to be in New Mexico!
I was referring to Jovanovski going to Carlsbad, New Mexico instead of Carlsbad, California thinking that's where the tournament was.
Having said that New Mexico does seem a fine place:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2013 20:35 

Local Time:
No weather problems today. Tomorrow is supposed to pretty decent. It's supposed to rain most of Tuesday. Guess who isn't scheduled until Tuesday? :eeek:
What else is new?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2013 20:49 

Local Time:
No weather problems today. Tomorrow is supposed to pretty decent. It's supposed to rain most of Tuesday. Guess who isn't scheduled until Tuesday? :eeek:
What else is new?

Really don't want Daniela to play on wet,sluggish clay. Stupid organizers.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. May 2013 23:54 

Local Time:
If it's cold and wet on Tuesday then that'll make it harder for Daniela and benefit Jankovic's game a lot more. I don't think the cold conditions will do much for Daniela's shoulder either. You've also got to wonder about rain delays as well.

The weird thing is that Muguruza & Pliskova are playing tomorrow.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. May 2013 16:51 

Local Time:
Daniela's the first match on Court 2 starting at 11am.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next