Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Aegon Classic, Birmingham
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 12:05 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 02:16
I knew this match was going to be tough :( combination of Kristina serving lights out and Daniela serving lawfully does not bode well.

First bad service game from Kristina, 2-2 now comin Daniela, hold and put some pressure on.

3-3 40-0 on Danielas serve and rain delay.

Please for once let this go in Daniela's favour..!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 16:30 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 00:16
7-6 (8-6) in the 2nd set for Daniela, on her 2nd SP (wasted the 1st one at 6-5 with a DF).
Let's go and win the 3rd

3rd set

0-1*
*0-2
1-2* - Daniela breaks on her 4th BP
*2-2 - Daniela holds to 30, after being 0-30
3-2* - Daniela breaks to 0
*4-2 - Daniela holds to 0 (12 straight points won, now)
5-2* - Daniela breaks again, and serves for the match :D
*5-3 - Daniela had a MP, but is broken on Mladenovic's 3rd BP (with a little bit of luck to Mlade, the ball from Daniela hit the net and went out)
5-4* - Daniela recovered from 0-40 to Deuce, but Mladenovic won the game in the 1st Deuce.
C'mon Daniela, win the match now!!

15-0, 15-15, 30-15, 40-15 - 2MP,

GAME, SET AND MATCH DANIELA :D 3-6, 7-6 (8-6), 6-4

Last edited by ArturJFC on 13. June 2013 17:19, edited 5 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 16:55 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 21:16
Mladenovic is breaking down, 2 DF and an a couple of errors to get broken. Daniela looks very consistent at the moment. Take your chances, dani!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 17:09 

Local Time:
Ugh, gets broken when serving for the match :evil:

Serve it out, please. Don't let this go away!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 17:19 

Local Time:
OMG!!! What a match. Thanks to Mladenovic for her nerves at the 3rd set.
Well done Daniela!!!! :beer: :beer: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :bananasrock: :bananasrock:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 17:24 

Local Time:
Finally a run! I'm so glad. Who's next?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 17:31 

Local Time:
We wait all this time to win a TB and now she wins two in a row. I think the rain break definitely helped her here-she wasn't playing well at all before the delay.

3 consecutive wins for the first time this season! :beer:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 18:15 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 01:16
I just got the result and it really does seem like this was a tough, battling win by Daniela. It's the sort of win that will be a boost to her confidence as she had to fight against a good opponent and she wasn't at her best but she was able to use her experience, skill and fighting spirit to come through the match.

It's only her second 3 match win streak since she won Pattaya last year and it just shows the difference that winning tiebreaks makes. This will be a big boost to her confidence and give her momentum for the rest of the tournament and the grass season.

Thanks to Patti & Artur for the livescores.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 18:18 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 20:16
This was the Danielathon to end all Danielathons! So far this week, Dani has busted the tiebreak hex, won #500 & 800, and now, what rain delay jinx!? What a birthday gift for me, and what a start to the next 500!
I get a kick out of it when my work or errand running keeps me away from the computer, and after following it on the crummy cellphone, I get to read how you guys were reacting as the match is played. Good prediction, eddy, asking that for once the delay would favor our gal. ;)
This started at 6:00 AM in New York. I didn't wake up until 7, and by that time Dani was down 3-6, 0-2. Very dismaying, but it's my birthday, so I refused to give up on her, and it led to a strange set of thoughts I haven't had too many of in recent weeks. For instance, during all the time of the delay, knowing she was up 40-0 at 3-3, I just knew she'd take the set even if it went to the tiebreak, figuring that jinx was over. Even at 5-6 and Mladenovic serving for the match, there was no wavering, or even at 6-6 in the tiebreak when she'd been leading throughout (and that's not knowing of the set point DF). At 0-2 in the 3rd, I found myself believing she'll take the next 6 games. My phone said that she did! What a Svengali I am! Of course, now I know what really happened, and I'm sure all of you went through your Pepto and Maalox! I don't think I'll ever forget this win. Daniela, my sincerest thanks for all the gifts so far this week, especially today's!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 19:41 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 20:16
Don't look now, guys, but Dani may not be done with comebacks today yet! She and Hsieh fell down 4-0 in the 1st, got it to 4-3 and had 4 break points, but ended up losing 3-6. But then they jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the 2nd. Now 5-1. OMG, 6-1. And it's only take 57 minutes. so either way, it shouldn't be a killer, though I'm sure Dani will seek all the rest she can get tonight (after dinner at the same restaurant again, of course!).
Super tiebreak...3-0 Daniela and Hsieh. 5-1. Wow, 8-1! 9-2! Got it! 10-2! :beer: What a day! Happy Birthday to me!

Daniela faces Schiavone on centre court in the 2nd match scheduled tomorrow. If she can get it, she'll at least gain triple figures in ranking points! :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 13. June 2013 20:46 

Local Time:
I'm sure that Birmingham is going to boost Daniela's confidence to Wimbledon (if she gets a nice draw, of course). I think that the fact that she's in a tournament with Ladies'Day and she modelled for some well-known designers, gave her an extra push to do well here :lol:

anyway, hope she can get a win tomorrow, as Schiavone only has a 16/12 W/L in Wimbledon, and it's not the best player in grass. I would love to see Daniela win a title here, she deserves a title on grass already.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 09:33 

Local Time:
I doubt Daniela will play next week so she is fresh for Wimbledon so she needs at least a semifinal here to go up the rankings. Schiavone will be a tough test, as is a different sort of player than her first three rounds. Daniela will need to rein in her shots and cut down her unforced errors. Serve and return especially important. A semi-final here would be awesome. Hilarious to think that if Daniela wins the whole tournament she has had to win SIX matches in 6 days. I don't she that happening just yet but a first semi-final of the year would be so awesome. Hopefully Schiavone can have an off day too..ranking points and confidence is so key for Daniela right now.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 15:06 

Local Time:
shit weather... :(
i will now play some tennis, maybe daniela start when i'm finished :D

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 16:00 

Local Time:
For the 3rd time, Vekic - Cirstea will start with 6-2, 2-1 to Vekic! Hopefully, she can trash Cirstea in this 2nd set and put Daniela playing soon :D

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 16:31 

Local Time:
And trashed she was, haha. Come on, Daniela, give a trashing of your own!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next