Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Aegon Classic, Birmingham
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 16:52 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 02:54
1st set

*1-0 - Dani serving and wins the game to 0
1-1*- 0-15, 15-15, 30-15, 40-15, 40-30, DEUCE, BP #1, DEUCE (ace #1), BP #2, DEUCE, GP (ace #2), Game Schiavone
*2-1 - 15-0, 30-0, 40-0, GAME! Daniela had 2 pretty good service games so far, putting 6/8 1st serves.
2-2* - 0-15, 0-30, 15-30 (good serve and volley), 30-30, 40-30, Game Schiavone
*3-2 - 15-0, 30-0, 30-15, 30-30, 30-40 BP #1 (Daniela misses a relatively easy volley, and after 2 love games, now faces BP), DEUCE, GP (drop shot by Daniela followed by an amazing lob), Game Daniela
3-3* - 15-0, 15-15, 30-15, 30-30, 40-30, GAME Schiavone (ace #3)
*4-3 - 15-0, 15-15, 30-15, 30-30 (nice defense from Schiavone but Daniela missed a smash), 40-30, Game Daniela

Because of the stupid rain, i can't follow the rest of the match because I have an exibition to see but Helio will keep track of the game, I'm sure :D

AND WIN THIS DANIELA, WE ALL WANT A SF :D

Last edited by ArturJFC on 14. June 2013 17:13, edited 5 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 16:52 

Local Time:
|17. April 2024| 23:54
Had bp, couldn't convert. Her BH is misfiring a bit. Hope she can continue being solid.
So great to see Daniela hold with such conviction. Hasn't lost a point on serve 2-1
Saves bp and takes it to 3-2. Break now!
As great as her service games are, her returns are going wide by a long margin. 3-3
After a horrible smash, she holds 4-3
Some nice winners but not enough to break 4-4
Another love game, please break and get the set 5-4
Great serving by Francesca, 5-5
Holds to 30, 6-5
Schiavone holds to 15, she was very consistent in the exchanges, 6-6

Tiebreak
Saved 3 SP, had 1 SP herself but Schiavone coverts her 4th. First set Schiavone 6-7 :x

Francesca is very solid at the moment, she gets all the balls back and forces Daniela to go for a lot more. We'll see...

SET 2
Schiavone returning everything Daniela's throwing at her and winning the points, great movement, 0-1
Broken after 40-0, can't believe this. Schiavone is a wall. 0-2
Schiavone saves two BP. This is slipping away, and Daniela cannot hit through her. 0-3
Daniela called the trainer fot her right foot. Hope she is fine.
She finally holds, saving several BP. 3-1
3 beautiful winners to set BP, two horribly wild returns and an UE later: Schiavone holds 4-1
Some two unlucky miscalculations from Daniela (or lucky shots from Schiavone), but she holds 2-4
Daniela getting a horrible overrule from the chair umpire, ugh. But she fires some great winners to get BP. UE. Return winner. ANOTHER STUPID MISTAKE FROM THE CHAIR UMPIRE, which would have given Daniela the game. Winner. FINALLY A BREAK! 3-4
Holds to 30, 4-4
Breaks on her second BP. Serving for the set. 5-4
3 SP and she takes it. SET DANIELA 6-4

Francesca definitely is dropping her level and Daniela is not giving away, she is playing well. Hope Schiavone runs out of gas.

SET 3
Well, Schiavone hasn't gone anywhere, great serving. 0-1
Daniela seems to have lost control of this again, broken to 30. Many UE. UGH! 0-2
I don't know where Daniela's momentum went to. Schiavone holds to love. 0-3
Holds to 30, 1-3
Breaks! Daniela is 14/3 on break points, though. 2-3
Holds to 30, 3-3
Daniela struggles so bad with Schiavone's serve, three long returns. 4-3
Love game. 4-4
Daniela not taking her chances, had 2 BP. Schiavone holds. 5-4
Love game. NOW BREAK PLEASE. 5-5
Damn it. Schiavone holds. Daniela serving to stay and the match and force another (dreaded) tiebreak 5-6
Another love game. Tiebreak time. 6-6
FUCKING AMAZING SHOTS TO END THIS!!! SO SO SO SO HAPPY FOR HER!!! COME ON, POME, VAMOS!!!

Daniela wins the 3rd! 7-6 (3)

Last edited by Helio on 14. June 2013 20:06, edited 29 times in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 17:32 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 04:54
Please win another Tiebreak :D Really like her body language with the fist

What a nice point and smile to 7-6 :D What a close 1st set.... Shit Daniela lost it :(

Hope she will retire from the match...Doesn't look so good

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 18:25 

Local Time:
|17. April 2024| 22:54
This has been excruciating to this point (1-3 in the 2nd). We know all about Dani's foot woes. But....could that have been that evil gamesmanship medical time-out that we always accuse everybody else of pulling on her? :o Whatever, I hope it works.
Maybe it is. 3 of the 4 games to Daniela after the TO and the break she's so badly needed! Come On, Dani! And a 2nd break!
Got it, 6-4! Lost 2 set pts. but converted the 3rd. (And it has been 6-1 since the time out.) How courageous is this woman? Will there be any Alka-Seltzer left in the world after this Danielathon is over?
OK. Yesterday Dani was down love-2 in the second and third sets and overcame it. Perhaps she can top that today!
1-3. start the climb! I think you'll agree that if Dani pulls this out, she should proceed straight to the tourney director and get out of the doubles. I'm sure Ms. Hsieh will accept her apology.
What a freakin' battle this is! OMG 2-3 converting her 5th BP of the game! Now 4-4, 2 aces! I almost never get to do this, but I have found a live stream, and I'm gonna try to root her home!
5-5, why shouldn't this go extra time!?
I guess I know why I don't do live streams...it cut out right after Schaivone made it 5-6. Back to live scores.
Tiebreak, was there any other way!?
Down 0-3, seems familiar, can she possibly do it again? 3-3! 6-3...do it Dani!
YES, YES, YES!!! DANNNNNNNNNNNNN-IELA! 3 HRS. 23 MIN., What a win! What a gal!! I am hard-pressed to think of a guttier effort from Dani in long, long, long time! :beer: :P :jump: :bananasrock: :banana: :heart2: :heart2: :heart2:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 14. June 2013 20:11, edited 11 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 18:30 

Local Time:
I'm afraid that looks like a proper injury, so depressed..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 18:30 

Local Time:
Well, it clearly didn't work at all. It will take Daniela to really raise her game or Fran to go off the rails, for her to have a shot.

ps: I really hope it's not another injury. Please!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 19:09 

Local Time:
After amazing heroics in the 2nd Schiavone already 2-0 up...sucks..we need revenge from Rome 2010 and 2011..

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 19:23 

Local Time:
At 2-4 i thought the match is over and turned it off, now i see she is still playing :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OMG. Coming back from 0-3 to 3-3 :o DANIELA!!!!

Shit the not taken BP at 4-4 hurts.... now 4-5

and hold to 0 :P This is sooo great!!!! 5-5 BP's won 3/16.. Crazy

and another hold to 0 :D 6-6

TB: 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 1-3, 2-3, 3-3, 4-3, 5-3, 6-3, 7-3

THIS GIRL IS SOOOO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Last edited by Patti1989 on 14. June 2013 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 20:06 

Local Time:
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

AMAZING!!!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 20:13 

Local Time:
I couldn't watch the 3rd set but that is the most Amazing victory of the year by ANYONE on tour! This is why we're still fans!!!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 20:22 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 03:54
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

What a win, what a woman!! Daniela showed incredible fighting spirit and skill to comeback so often in this match and get the win. She saved 3 BPs to hold at a set and 3-0 down then she won the last 5 games of the second set to win it from 4-1 down, then she came from 3-0 down in the final set and then she won the last 7 points of the tiebreak to win it from 3-0 down. Just incredible, Daniela's amazing. She made an amazing passing shot at 4-3 in the tiebreak which even Schiavone applauded and that was the decisive shot in the match as it gave Daniela so much momentum. When she was serving to stay in the match in the third set, she held to love both times. This was a great performance.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 20:40 

Local Time:
|17. April 2024| 22:54
Since our gal is a hockey fan....down 0-3 in the 2nd, 0-3 in the 3rd, 0-3 in the final tiebreak....HAT TRICK!!
Now I want Lisicki out of there, or at least let her match become a long and drawn out one as well (as I write it looks like it will go 3 sets). I can't get that beatdown she gave Dani in the final here 2 years ago out of my mind. Of course, like today, it is a chance for a big-get-even!
Since the live stream cut out on me, I didn't see the shot that was applauded by Schaivone (it'll turn up somewhere I'm sure), but I like that a lot. Full marks to you, Francesca.
Perhaps this might get the WTA site to recognize that Daniela is playing this week :!:
And I can't let this go by: Normally, 3 people post on Dan's FB page....myself, a Bratslava native named Monika, and someone who calls himself Completelymadeupname (wish I could figure out who that is :lol: ). Otherwise, almost anything else that come up there is written by a gutter mind. Geez, today there's post after post after post! What a novel concept! (But for what may be her deepest dig down victory ever, and eddy, you hit it on the head as this year's most amazing win by anyone, she deserves the praise, so I won't knock the Johnny-Come-Latelies too much.) That's why it's so nice here in the Forum. We're with Dani under all circusmtances. And sometimes, we get rewarded with weeks and days like this! :D

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 14. June 2013 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 20:52 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 03:54
Hantuchova after a turnover shone glorious satisfaction. "For such a man while playing tennis. Francesca is a great toy, I have great respect for her before. Both are very well known. Neither myself do not know how I managed to turn this duel. I fought until the last ball, I will not give up even in bad condition and it paid off. In the second set 0-3 for the state, I was treated because I pobolievalo foot. Upon returning to the court had my power increasing, I played a lot winner," said Slovakian in the first interview with Eurosport.
@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 21:49 

Local Time:
so proud of her :wav: :wav: :wav:
i was like: well, she's done so many times during the match! and the tiebreak was maybe the best tiebreak she ever played... i wished for one win before the tournament an i'm fully satisfied now... just worried about her ankle...

DANIELA HANTUCHOVÁ * MARIA SHARAPOVA * DOMINIKA CIBULKOVÁ * SERENA WILLIAMS * ANNA KAROLÍNA SCHMIEDLOVÁ * ANA IVANOVIC
ROGER FEDERER * DAVID FERRER * ANDY RODDICK * PAUL-HENRI MATHIEU * LLEYTON HEWITT

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2013 22:02 

Local Time:
I just PRAY that her foot is fine. These grass tournaments, while bringing great wins in the past (Venus win, final, almost beating Kvitova on grass) have also damaged Daniela's year with injuries.

Let us keep the positivism up :beer: :beer:

So she got a WC for Den Bosch, but I'm guessing she'll withdraw.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next