Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 27. May 2013 17:41 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 22:04
56 degrees F (13 C) and light rain on and off all day tomorrow, according to the Weather Channel online. Now that we know that this is what always happens and who it favors and how often a loss follows a rain delay (and I mean we flat KNOW all this), it is up to Daniela to do what she has done many, many times before: Fool us!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. May 2013 23:52 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 03:04
A good thing is that Daniela's on first whereas in the previous three slams she was on last and had to wait around all day. This time she knows when she's on so can prepare accordingly. Hopefully the weather will be decent and Daniela's fully fit and able to give her best effort.

Also, in 2010 & 2011 her best slam performance was at Roland Garros so that's nice memories to give her a bit of confidence as will beating Kuznetsova in the exhibition. If Daniela can play like she did in the Fed Cup or in Madrid then she's got a great chance but Jankovic will be tough and she's playing pretty well at the moment. A lot will depend on the conditions and how fit Daniela is.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 14:00 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 04:04
Oh Daniela, what a great tennis in the 2nd set. 4-0 up :D But Jankovic seems to have some problems or feels not so comfortable

5-0,5-1, 5-2, And a rain break :x :x

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 15:10 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 02:04
apparently the rain stopped and we'll have the match back again, soon.
hope that Daniela can recover the momentum she had in the 2nd set before being broken!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 15:55 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 02:04
5-4 now, wasted 2 SP on her serve, so everything back on serve :/
5-5, had 0-40 but Jankovic won 5 points in the row to win the game
6-5, won the game to 30! PLEASE BREAK NOW
6-6, game on 30 to Jankovic, TB

TB - *0-1, 1-1*, 1-2*, *2-2, *3-2, 4-2*, 4-3*, *4-4, *5-4, 5-5*, 5-6* (MP), *6-6, *6-7 (MP #2), 7-7*, 7-8* (MP #3), 7-9!

Game, Set, Match Jelena Jankovic 6-4 7-6 (9-7).

Once again, Daniela is out because of rain delays or injuries time-outs. She really can't stay focused when the game is interrupted. It was a nice display of Daniela, maybe with too much UE's, but not the worst I've seen her play lately. Let's hope that she can qualify for some tournaments before Wimbledon to get her confidence back, because to be in the lead by 5-0 in the 2nd set, and wasted 6 SP, she must be beating herself up.

But, oh well, it's Daniela, I think we are all used to it...

Last edited by ArturJFC on 28. May 2013 16:22, edited 3 times in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 15:59 

Local Time:
0-40 for Daniela on Jankovic's serve. And all 3 SP's wasted :x 5-5 now... this is daniela :oops:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 16:19 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 23:04
I can't believe it. Another tiebreak lost. Another R1 exit. So many chances wasted.

I'm at lost as to what to say about this performance. Yes the rain disrupted, but she just cannot come through.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 16:47 

Local Time:
This is so disappointing, especially not to take it to a third set when Daniela had 6 set points. I really thought that Daniela had the second set when she had Jankovic at 0-40 5-4 in the second set then Jankovic plays five amazing points in a row, it really was no fucking way tennis.

I saw the match from 4-0 Daniela in the second set and Daniela was playing well with the momentum. She had a set point when she was serving at 5-1 and the match would obviously have been so different if she'd taken that but the rain came and Jankovic played a lot better after the rain delay and Daniela just couldn't get that point to win the set. the two times she served for the set she was 15-40 down both times and although she got a set point both times it would have been easier if she'd been ahead in those games and gotten to 40 first. The conditions were slower than yesterday but Daniela still had chances that she couldn't take. She could have done with the netcord going her way in the tiebreak at 5-5 (I think) but she played well to get it to 4-2 then she made errors the rest of the way although Daniela saved the first two MPs with some good tennis but it seemed like she was desperate to win the point early and that resulted in errors later on in the tiebreak.

Get revenge in the doubles and a good run there can restore a bit of confidence. Playing in cold, damp conditions on the slow clay haven't helped Daniela the last two tournaments and her best performances on clay have been indoors at the Fed Cup and the warmth and altitude of Madrid which would be quicker. Time to get on the nice sunny fast grass courts.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 17:03 

Local Time:
Daniela's playing mixed doubles with Jean-Julien Rojer of the Netherlands. He's no. 10 in doubles and won Miami this year with Querishi. They start against Vesnina & Mirnyi, the no. 2 seeds.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 17:16 

Local Time:
UM,chungwit,we don't do nice and sunny in Britain anymore-currently hammering it down with rain at the moment.

Daniela played a very good match up to 5-0 in the second. I'm going to erase the rest of the match from my memory. :lol:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 17:42 

Local Time:
I was there at the match. Am in mourning.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 17:45 

Local Time:
I was there at the match. Am in mourning.

What on earth happened between her and Bernandes? The twitter reports were most entertaining,apparently Daniela was giving him a double helping of sass!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 18:02 

Local Time:
That must have been a really tough loss to take, eddy, especially as it looked like it was going to 3 sets. I'm sorry that you didn't see Daniela win and it must hurt a lot.

Still, I hope that you can enjoy the rest of the tennis and hopefully see Daniela win in doubles. Paris is a great city so hopefully you can have some fun there.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 18:53 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova:," United shame especially the second set, in which I had a lot of chances. Before the rain break I received in super rhythm, played me very well. Then it has been so, but in any Geme I had the chance. 5:4 for the state in which it has been three setbaloch Jelena played very good services and backhands, the team could not do anything. Overall, however, the second set in my hands. I'm disappointed that I did not receive it, if I won the tie-break, it could be in the third set fully open. On the court, I felt fine, arm held out. On the first round it was a tough ticket, because Jelena is an experienced toy, but I fought until the last moment and I believe it still can win. Unable to it, such as sports. For state explicitly 5:0 Jelena played unfairly. I did not come off the bench and not have zaservovala. Between each gave me very little time to prepare myself for strikes. It may have been angry about the status, but this is not done."
@ google translate

"Great pity especially the second set, in which I had a lot of chances. Before the rain I received in super rhythm and played very well. Then, although it was no longer the same, but in any Game after the rain I had the chance. The second set was certainly in my hands and then it would be very open, so I am disappointed. I think I could win," said Daniela Hantuchova at a conference telephone for Slovak news agency.
@ google translate

"Great pity especially the second set, in which I had a very good opportunity. Before the rain I received in super rhythm and played very well. Then, although it was no longer the same, but in any Geme I had the opportunity. The second set we was in my hands and then it would be very open, so I am disappointed. I think I could win," Hantuchova said and added: "The game I really enjoyed, although the first round it was very difficult lot. Jelena is very experienced, it was open and the last time I even believed in tajbrejku that I can succeed. At my favorite villages, which is more intimate type, it was a nice match and the fans have something to look at, enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the end was not in my favor. Such a tennis ... Sometimes you can put everything into it, and yet the result is not to the liking."

The discussions with the referee Carlos Bernardes Slovakian said: "She played there downright unfairly. Yet I did not come off the bench or a surplice already zaservovala. Between each took only some 5 seconds. Did not have time to prepare myself for strikes. Jelena probably be was angry about the status, but this is not done."

Hantuchova during the regular season showcasing the grass in Birmingham, Hertogenbosch and Wimbledon. The clay court phase retrospectively noted: "I appreciated that there can ever be. Because I know how I felt last year when I had to watch Roland Garros on TV. Marrakech or counting, it was impossible for the Fed Cup. Madrid was great. Perhaps in the context of the game with Kanepi can I read that I warmed up well. Rome I never fail to Halep said that such a game can not play, but she was finally up in the semifinals. On two of the three major clay tournament I had a difficult lot. Sometimes it takes a little more luck."
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2013 21:02 

Local Time:
Jankovic was extremely quick before points, so often Daniela wasn't ready to receive and Jankovic got annoyed cos she was ready to serve. Also Bernados gave Daniela a warning about Daniela taking too long between points which was ridiculous as Daniela was well within 20 secs.

Thanks for ur support guys. It was just awful for it not to go 3 sets. But jelena played amazing when it mattered. Daniela's 2nd service game of the whole match cost her the match IMO as she was rolling the serve in probably to check that her arm was ok. The first 5 games of the 2nd set was the best tennis I've seen from Daniela for about 3 years. The match was on Daniela's racket she just couldn't force the 3rd. The rain delay really helped Jankovic as Daniela knew rain was coming 5-0 and started to rush to finish the set.

My time in Paris is over, I had a great time. I just hate the score of 46 67 its happened to Daniela 3 times out of the last 4 grand slams and it's a horrid score, as Daniela deserved to get to a 3rd in all of them.

If Daniela can keep her tennis to the first 5 games of the 2nd set in the grass season then she should have a good spell...

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next