Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid
PostPosted: 9. May 2013 20:10 

Local Time:
|19. March 2024| 06:48
Definitely you could tell Daniela wasn't happy about the MTO Kanepi took middle of the 2nd set. Was clearly a momentum stopper. The wta needs to clamp down on this. I personally think that MTO should only be taken between sets, period.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2013 20:13 

Local Time:
Definitely you could tell Daniela wasn't happy about the MTO Kanepi took middle of the 2nd set. Was clearly a momentum stopper. The wta needs to clamp down on this. I personally think that MTO should only be taken between sets, period.

But then she took a MTO herself 2 games later. I really hope it wasn't done out of pique.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2013 20:23 

Local Time:
|19. March 2024| 05:48
I got the Kvitova match from 4-1 in the second set, I stumbled across it channel surfing in the hotel and Daniela played really well, putting pressure on Kvitova, hitting with power, serving well, showing great touch and she showed a lot of nerve and heart to keep going after the disappointment of not breaking Kvitova at 4-1 in the third and keeping going and holding serve, a great match and performance.

It sucks that she lost today, Kanepi's starting to get on my tits, I didn't see the match so I can't comment on it (cheating bitch and medical timeouts should be banned) but apparently Federer lost as well. I wonder if the fact that she had so much time in Madrid preparing for the first round and then the second round against Kvitova helped Daniela as she was going into both matches fresh and fit but she didn't get much time to prepare against Kanepi. It's a bit like Brisbane where Daniela was there preparing for a while, got her first top 10 win of the season then lost the next match.

Anyway, I'm not going to let the Kanepi loss take the shine off the Kvitova win and I'll enjoy that. It's good points that will boost Daniela's ranking, it takes her closer to 500 wins and the momentum is positive.

On to her favourite city and there are a few players there already. I saw Wozniacki hitting on one of the practice courts when I was at Foro Italico to get the tickets, she had a big posse of her dad and a couple of hitting partners. Schiavone was hitting on the centre court so being a home player has advantages and Marjana Lucic (sp?) was there as well on one of the wee courts. The groundsmen were all giving the place a lick of paint and weeding the flowers beds and all sorts of structures were being put up.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2013 20:46 

Local Time:
|19. March 2024| 00:48
I wonder if the fact that she had so much time in Madrid preparing for the first round and then the second round against Kvitova helped Daniela as she was going into both matches fresh and fit but she didn't get much time to prepare against Kanepi. It's a bit like Brisbane where Daniela was there preparing for a while, got her first top 10 win of the season then lost the next match.

That's what I'm thinking. Daniela's record since returning last June is not good when winning one day and then playing the next. She's got a lot going right now, as the Stephens and Petra wins and some others earlier in the year show. Dani now has a good coach and has also been helped some by her All-American trainer, but there's clearly more work to do regarding match-a-day stamina, and we know Dani will put the work in. She's certainly had it before, because she couldn't have reached 14 finals in her career otherwise. At 30 and with all the injuries, this may be very hard to re-capture, but I sure hope she does, because to me, this is her biggest issue right now.

Enjoy Rome, Chungwit. Say hello to Daniela for all of us in the Forum if you get a chance (have you ever met her before?)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. May 2013 17:42 

Local Time:
Qualifying draw for Rome is out:

Could be tricky as Voskoboeva beat Puig, Arvidsson in Estoril, and we all know Halep can be a problem...

Plays Saturday not before 4.30pm

1r Voskoboeva
2r Halep or Balducci

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. May 2013 21:31 

Local Time:
Never mind rules against MTO's, guys. Here's what belongs under the category of There Oughta Be A Law/That Only Figures: After Daniela lost yesterday, she was going to be #60 next week (which of course is far better than 75 or 76), but a later result, a walkover, allowed another player to pass her. One guess......Anabel! Then she almost beat Serena. What a world, what a world!
Sharapova won her 499th today. If that isn't sucko enough, the only way Daniela can get to 500 before her is if Maria loses tomorrow......to, of all people, Ivanovic! (How many daggers can we get plunged into our back, you know?) Should that actually occur, something even worse could happen. Daniela could win her 2 qualifiers in Rome, then have her 1st round match be scheduled earlier in the day than Sharapova's, win it and get there first. Should Maria be also scheduled later that day and get her 500th, well, which one do you think would be treated by the media and the WTA like Times Square on New Year's Eve and which one would get shoved aside like a blip on the radar screen? :( So I guess it would be better if Sharapova gets hers tomorrow so all the hype can be over with when Dani gets her 500th, hopefully next Monday or Tuesday.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. May 2013 21:54 

Local Time:
|19. March 2024| 01:48
Why are you so against Maria? haha. I'm not her biggest fan, and I kinda enjoy Serena's crusade to humiliate her everytime they meet, but sadly Daniela can hardly compete with Maria in achievements or on the court.

I do wish Daniela could make a dent against top players, but it has rarely been the case. I do find Ivanovic's luck annoying. She is almost top ten and always finds a way to find form in important moments.

I'm still annoyed at the wasted chance against Kanepi, maybe she didn't have the energies, but her attitude did not help. I do hope she can gain back her Sanchez-Casal wisdom at some point and make it up in the rankings, but it will take a while.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. May 2013 22:27 

Local Time:
Yes Maria reaching 500 before Daniela doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's going to be a fantastic achievement for both players when it finally arrives.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. May 2013 01:38 

Local Time:
Why are you so against Maria? haha.
Indian Wells '08...This Is My House! "Nuff said.
Clearly 500 is something for which Sharapova should be lauded. My fear is since she's already one of the 5 most publicized athletes in the world, Daniela will get kicked to the curb as far as the attention she would also deserve if they both do it on the same day or if Daniela gets it like one day after. Amd that would be kind of like the story of her career in a nutshell.
I am grateful, however, that there are 2 qualifying rounds in Rome, rather than the 3 she had to win at Dubai. To get #500 in a qualifier, that would really suck and go completely unnoticed.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. May 2013 11:45 

Local Time:
|19. March 2024| 01:48
Well, I'm pretty sure Daniela and Maria are relatively friendly, even after that IW comment. They sometimes hit together and chat. The AO semi left deeper emotional scars in my fandom, though, haha.

And it is a no brainer that Maria's 500th win is gonna be celebrated and publicised like there is no tomorrow. She is a big asset for the WTA, Career GS winner, olympic medalist, one the most famous sports stars and she has a multi million dollar machine behind her.

So yeah, Daniela will get hers later and at an earlier stage in a tournament. She will get the praise, worry not.

I just think putting her in the same category as Maria is a bit futile, they are not on the same league. Though at least Daniela got a win over Serena in the last 7 years 8-)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. May 2013 15:17 

Local Time:
Well, she just did it. I swallow hard and congratulate Maria! :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. May 2013 17:40 

Local Time:
"It feels great to get my first win over Petra - she's such a great player and I have so much respect for her game," Hantuchova said after the match. "I had three days waiting, so I was really looking forward to this match - and I'm really pleased with the way I played today, especially in the third set.

"It's quite late now and I have another match tomorrow, but that's what we're used to and that's what we prepare for. Hopefully I will be ready. Kaia plays a similar kind of game to Petra, very aggressive from both sides, so I'm going to try and mix it up and play smart. We'll see what happens."

"The first victory over Petra gave me a great feeling. Provides an excellent tennis player and I have a great respect for the game. I'm Very happy with the way I played, especially in the third set. At Madrid I feel excellent, really like to play here " brokered SITA news service WTA expression Daniela Hantuchova, who before the next duel stated: "I waited three days, so I found the 2nd round already very pleased. we finished it quite late and through with another meeting on Thursday, but we're used to, prepare for such matters. therefore I hope that I will be 'ready'! Kaia plays a similar style as Petra, very aggressive on both sides.'ll try to behave colorfully and skillfully. I'll see what happens."
@ google translate

Video interview after beating Kvitova:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

ITF Player
PostPosted: 27. June 2017 03:13 

Local Time:
The Mutua Madrid Open transitioned from hard court to clay in 2009 and is staged at the Caja Magica. Spaniards have won the title five times since the inaugural ...

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5