Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Fed Cup World Group 1st Round, Slovak Republic v Serbia
PostPosted: 7. February 2013 01:11 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 19:45
Date: 09 Feb - 10 Feb 2013 image
Venue: Hala "CAIR", Nis, Serbia
Start times:
Day 1: 1400 hrs (1300 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1200 hrs (1100 hrs GMT)
Surface: Hard (RuKortHard), Indoor
Ball: Wilson US Open

SLOVAK REPUBLIC 3-2 SERBIA

R1 D. HANTUCHOVA bt B. JOVANOVSKI 7-5 6-2
R2 V. DOLONC bt D. CIBULKOVA 4-6 4-5 retired
R3 J. CEPELOVA BT B. JOVANOVSKI 5-7 7-5 11-9
R4 D. HANTUCHOVA bt V. DOLONC 6-3 6-2
R5 V. DOLONC/A. KRUNIC bt J. CEPELOVA/M. RYBARIKOVA W/O

SLOVAK REPUBLIC:
Dominika CIBULKOVA
Daniela HANTUCHOVA
Magdalena RYBARIKOVA
Jana CEPELOVA

SERBIA:
Bojana JOVANOVSKI
Vesna DOLONC
Aleksandra KRUNIC
Ivana JOROVIC

TIE PREVIEW:
Serbia host Slovak Republic in what will be the fourth meeting between the two nations. Having lost the first two meetings Serbia edged the last tie in the 2011 World Group play-offs thanks to a tension-filled doubles victory by Jelena Jankovic and Aleksandra Krunic.
The Serbs had not managed to win a single World Group tie prior to the 2012 season but managed to make it all the way to the Final thanks to 3-2 victories over Belgium and Russia led by Jankovic with three singles rubber victories.
Slovak Republic achieved promotion to the World Group thanks to consecutive 3-2 victories over France and Spain. Daniela Hantuchova and Dominika Cibulkova have shared the bulk of the work between them in recent years and the burden will once again likely fall on the pair to maintain their position at the top level.

www.fedcup.com

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group 1st Round, Slovak Republic v Serbia
PostPosted: 7. February 2013 01:18 

Local Time:
We already completely in Nis

Slovak team in the finals venue Fed Cup World Group meeting in Cairo in Nis hall from Wednesday to prepare a complete report. The first official duty of the team was in the middle of a press conference.

The draw is scheduled on Friday, but announced a change in the original squad of Serbia, as Jelena Jankovic is injured. Home captain Dejan Vranes still not sure Ana Ivanovic start that doliečuje. In Nis are prepared Jovanovski, Doloncová and Kruničová.
Slovak captain Matej Liptak reported by the media before the team stay in Nis. The first part of the expedition with players Bartoli and Cepelova arrived at the venue on Monday night, Cibulkova and Hantuchova arrived on Tuesday night.
"The surface of the hall and we are satisfied," said Liptak. "Serbia has a strong team, we know from previous meetings. Last year's runner-up team that can win the whole competition. Waiting challenging fight. Also we have a team that can overcome the strong Fed Cup opponents. We are positive about the truth, respect the power of the opponent. Everything turns on the court. "
Their voices in the press conference joined by the players.
Dominika Cibulkova: "In the Fed Cup you can never tell who is the favorite. It is a team competition, something special. We do not play at home, we'll see how the apparent support for the benefit of home viewers. I expect a very difficult meeting. "
Magdalena Rybarikova, "Serbia's favorite, playing at home, will have the audience on your side. Waiting tough but interesting encounter. "
Daniela Hantuchova: "We have great motivation before battles, but also the respect of opponents. It has home advantage, but chances estimated 50 to 50 We are looking forward to the fight. "
@ google translate

Hantuchova: "We want to win and advance to the semi-final ''

Yesterday | 12:39 NIS / BRATISLAVA - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova has with Serbia in the Fed Cup extensive experience in Nis awaiting her fourth duel against a team captain Dejan Vranes.

Three years ago, at the Belgrade Arena is crucially deserved a triumph 3-2 and return to the world's eight. The lobby CAIR would like to contribute to the process of Slovakia semifinal quartet.

"In Serbia I have nice memories. In 2010 in Belgrade when I pulled succeeded and we longed to return to the World Group. Serb beat us at home in front of their fans, who are very noisy. Now it will be a different game, again very difficult . too without Serb Jelena Jankovic are still a strong team. however we want to win and advance to the semifinals," said Hantuchova.

Five former world last week for the second match dizziness skrečovala Singles round of the WTA tournament in Pattaya Thai Nine Bratčikovovej against Russia and lost the chances of winning hat-trick. "Those health problems are more. Important thing is that I was well prepared for the weekend, then come and tennis. Hopefully I will be the beginning of the match with Serbia completely in order."
@ google translate

Tennis Fed: Slovaks in Nis has the complete composition Liptak: "Serbia is strong" (2)

Niš 6th February (TASR) - Slovak expedition is already in the venue details first round of the World Group tennis Federation Cup against Serbia in the complete composition. On the night of Wednesday to stay up to two years of support Nisa Fed Cup team Slovak Dominika Cibulkova with Daniela Hantuchova.

Magdalena Rybarikova with Jana Cepelova passed on Tuesday in Cairo hall with a capacity of 3500 spectators initial training. According to the Slovak team coach Ladislav Simon is a nice surface and both the players to get used to it gradually. "Janka Čepelová practiced twice on Tuesday. Magda Rybarikova, who came to last week's WTA tournament in Paris viraemia, yet again. We have very good conditions for training. Surface is moderately fast, takes more topspin. Timber is placed on a flexible, it is not absolutely classic hard. balls bounced a little higher. Hala is completely in a circle, so gladiator arena. orientation is there any other girls and a little harder fielded tajming but gradually getting used to," Simon told TASR.

Of the Serbian team first started preparing Moscow native Vesna Doloncová. Tuesday to join her young Aleksandra Kruničová, which will replace the injured domestic selecting Jelena Jankovic. "On Tuesday evening arrived and Bojana Jovanovski. Unit Serbian Ana Ivanovic has alleged health problems and its launch should finally decide on Thursday.'ll See that they are joining Serb composed lastly," said Simon, who is from November last year, the personal trainer Lukas Lacko.

On Wednesday morning underwent a complete team Slovak press conference in Nis. "Serbia has a strong team, we know from the previous meeting. Last year's runner-up team that can win the whole competition. Challenging Waiting battle. Too we have a team that can beat the Fed Cup opponents strengths. We are positive about the truth, respect the power of the opponent . everything turns on the court," citing the words of the Slovak team captain Matej Lipták website Slovak Tennis Association.

"In the Fed Cup you can never tell who is the favorite. It's a team competition, something special. Do not play at home, we'll see how the apparent support for the benefit of home viewers. Expect a very difficult meeting," said Slovak Dominika Cibulkova unit. "Serbia's favorite, playing at home, will have the audience on your side. Waiting tough but interesting meeting." Magdalena Rybarikova said. "We have great motivation before battles, but also the respect of opponents. Has home advantage, but the chances of an estimated 50 to 50 Looking forward to duel" Said Daniela Hantuchova, who was three years ago in Belgrade strojkyňou home victory of the Slovak team, meaning a return to World Group.

NOTE: The report is expanded to include other voices
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. February 2013 15:16 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 15:45
Ana withdrew, so Slovakia has better chances. .

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. February 2013 16:25 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 20:45
Wow, well if Slovakia don't win the tie now if Dominika and Daniela play then it will be terrible! Hopefully Daniela will only need to play one rubber.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. February 2013 18:24 

Local Time:
I notice that Ana hasn't withdrawn from Doha yet. What odds on a miraculous recovery enabling her to play there? :roll:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. February 2013 19:43 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 14:45
Awwwwwwwww! Is little Ana-poo sick? :cry: :cry: Take two f$&#in' aspirin and DON'T call me in the morning, Clodpole!
You know, Daniela has been maligned, barbecued, drawn and quartered by her own people and the media relating to Fed Cup for things that were mostly decisions or bad play by others, and every so often, she lets out emotional scars she still bears from all of that. And, of course, last year she goes to Spain, plays with one leg and basically one arm, gets bageled in the 1st set and still finds a way to win. Did she wreck the rest of last year? All the evidence says yes. But I think that when she's 77 years old, she'll look back on that decision with no regrets, and also none at all about her desire to represent her country all these years and to have been a big part of their 2002 championship. I'm damned proud of her for this, and I wish she was American, so that there'd be one top player the US could count on for Fed Cup every year. Let good fortune be with her and her team this weekend.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. February 2013 23:35 

Local Time:
Tennis Fed: Serb against Slovakia without Ivanovic, Jovanovski is questionable - SUMMARY

Niš 7th February (TASR) - Serbian tennis player lineup in the first game weekend round of the World Group Fed Cup against Slovakia in Nis without Ivanovic Any team unit. Roland Garros champion in 2008, still has not recovered from a shoulder injury suffered on the opening Grand Slam of Australian Open in Melbourne.

"I regret to announce that I will be able to play in the Fed Cup weekend battle against Slovakia. Melbourne in I injured shoulder and still am not completely aftercare. Hoping I will take therapy and that will help me solve this problem in a few days. Unfortunately, it did not happen so. I am sorry, because during the season I have a lot of options to represent Serbia in the Fed Cup. I continue in recovery. Hopefully soon I will return to the courts," said Ivanovic through Facebook.

For an abdominal injury earlier this week dropped out of the nominations for the match with Slovak and Serbian and two other former world number one Jelena Jankovic. The captain Dejan Vranes as possible into Saturday's initial dvojhier most likely opportunity osemfinalistke Australian Open fight Jovanovski and Julia Doloncovej debutante - a native of Moscow. After Aleksandre Kruničovej called as the fourth team juniors toys Ivani Jorovičovú. Gala ticket is scheduled on Friday at 12:00 in the town hall in Nis. Ivanovic joined so far only in a single game against Slovakia - two years ago at NTC. In the second singles when defeated Daniela Hantuchova, but in Sunday's opening singles in battle units skrečovala team match with Dominika Cibulkova.

Serbian captain the weekend before the match head in sadness. "It is useless to talk about how noticeable weakness is our lack of participation Ivanovic. Medical commission decided that Ana for shoulder problems can start in Nis. It's an injury that stretches from the Australian Open. Do not want to risk worsening his condition. Worse that health problems plagued the fight Jovanovski. started therapy after training, tries to get into the rhythm of wrestling, but can not fully serve. Australian Open to be presented in great shape and would be a great shame if she could not play," said Vranes the Serbian Blic.

Slovak team is prepared in Nis quartet with female players Cibulkova, Magdalena Rybarikova, Hantuchova, Jana Čepelová, home in venue details with three Jovanovski, Doloncová, Aleksandra Kruničová. "Our toys are physically fine, all train," Said Thursday afternoon for the official site Slovak Tennis Association chief Slovak team in Nis Lubomir Palenik. Serbian workout followed by a doubles its assumptions Serbian captain Vranes nominated in doubles pair Kruničová, Doloncová." Regarding Jovanovski, plagued by health problems? trained not care. "On Thursday evening, both teams attended a banquet at the Tami Residence, where the players live.

la
@ google translate.

Ivanovic withdrawing makes things a bit easier for Slovakia and Jovanovski has some injury worries as well.
However, Dominika hasn't played well since her crushing loss in the Sydney final, Daniela's had fitness problems and she's had some bad recent losses while Rybarikova's not someone that you'd rely on. I've got to believe that Daniela & Dominika will start playing well again sometime and this tie would be a great time to start.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2013 23:22 

Local Time:
So the 1st match tomorrow is Daniela vs. Jovanovski. That's 8 AM here in snowy New York, so I can hope to awaken to something good. Odd how their only meeting was 3 years ago in a Fed Cup tie in Serbia. It was Dani Domination, 2 & 2. I'm certainly not betting the mortgage on it, but a repeat of that sure would be nice.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2013 23:29 

Local Time:
Hantuchova on Jovanovski: "Compared to Belgrade greatly improved"
Released today at 18:50
"We are very namotivované, we have a great team. Hopefully this is reflected in the individual matches," Hantuchova said after Friday's workout.

UIS. Slovak tennis player in Nis snowy Friday evening were finishing the preparation for the first weekend duel round of the World Group Fed Cup against Serbia home. Magdalena Rybarikova with Jana Cepelova on a hard surface in the hall Čair pilovali doubles, on the other hand areola were proficient sparring partner - team captain Matej Liptak and coach Ladislav Simon.

After deblistkách came into play most experienced of the quartet Slovak Daniela Hantuchova, which resumes Saturday at 14:00 in the opening singles against Serb forces fight Jovanovski. Three years ago on clay in Belgrade Arena against Hantuchova former Fed Cup debutante filled with paper conditions, Saturday's duel has no clear favorite.

"Since our one mutual match in Belgrade are Bojana greatly improved. Plays this year really well, I watched it in Australia. Play a quick, hard punches.'s Going to every ball, no respect. Would receive domestic audience, but each game open. really to duel with Serbia forward. namotivované We are, we are a great team. Hopefully this is reflected in the individual matches," Hantuchova said after Friday's workout.

Jovanovski had after the Australian Open back problems in recent days has undergone therapy. Serbian captain Dejan Vranes but ultimately it was nominated in the initial dvojhier. "Despite the injury will do everything possible to get in front of home fans brought the best performance and won the first point for Serbia. Elapsed season was great for us, we have progressed to the final of the Fed Cup. Now weakened against Slovakia onset, no asset is our team spirit," said osemfinalistka singles on the opening Grand Slam in Melbourne,
@ google translate

Battle of the Serb Hantuchovawill start against Jovanovski
Today 13:15 Sport Red, TASR
Nis - Serbia's Bojana Jovanovski unit and two Slovak Daniela Hantuchova embark on Saturday the 14th hour in Nis against each other in the opening singles first details round of the World Group Fed Cup tennis. The second single on a hard surface in the hall RuKortHard Čair measured forces Serbian duo Vesna Doloncová unit and Slovak Dominika Cibulkova. Decided by the toss on Friday at the premises of city hall in Nis.

Sunday's program opens at 12 hour battle team units Jovanovski Cibulkova, in the final singles to introduce Doloncová with Hantuchova.

Do doubles pre-nominated Serbian captain Dejan Vranes Doloncovú with Aleksandra Kruničovou, Slovak captain Matej Liptak team reported few Magdalena Rybarikova and Jana Čepelová.

"It does not matter in what order to play matches, we want to win and we need to get at least three points," responded immediately after raffling Slovak captain Matej Liptak team.

He put in the position of number two priority Slovakian Hantuchova Hantuchova before, although it is in the latest edition of the world ranking senior female player.

"I bet in this case the experience. Daniela still has good form and fought duels over Fed Cup," explained Chief d'Equipe.

Slovak captain addressed the dilemma of who stands alongside Dominika Cibulkova as second singlistku. Finally zavážili experience and number of games played Fed Cup matches.

"I pondered various alternatives. We have a young team and Cepelova already sticks out rolls, got into the World hundreds. I am delighted that our team is more balanced than in the past. Slovak Rybarikova became number two, but I finally decided to Daniel . Of all the girls have the most experience, in addition to three years ago in Belgrade was the main strojkyňou our success."

In debli provisionally reported Rybáriková with Cepelova: "They are a member of a team and be given the opportunity Sunday, the names are still subject to change according to the course of the game."

Result 1-1 after the first day would take: "Serbia is a former world no two units very strong team. Has a replacement for Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic. Jovanovski at Fed Cup team held out many times, she was just a leader of the most received in Serbia subsequent rounds. too new player Doloncová Moscow native has his qualities. workouts to give a great performance, so expect a tough weekend matches. "

Captain domestic Vranješ despite significantly weakened squad zbranbe be furnished: "The absence of the two best female players, and the third in order of health problems would be a bitter blow for any team, but we have to deal with it. Hopefully other girls adversity and make an inspiring performance on the border their options. "

His counterpart Liptak admitted that the team competition has its own characteristics, "It's still 50:50 and everything can happen. Serbian Although it weakened, it still has a very good lineup and the players Jovanovski Doloncovú."

As the first one on the court in Nis present Hantuchova.

"The reason I'm back here is that we all believe that we can go away again and win the whole competition. So we are looking forward to a great atmosphere and the opportunity to represent our country. Will not be easy, as the Serb have home advantage, but we have great team and we will do everything to advance to the semifinals," it was intended to Hantuchova.

"In Serbia I have nice memories. In 2010 in Belgrade when I pulled succeeded and we longed to return to the World Group. Now it will be a completely different game, again very difficult. Too without Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic have a strong team Serb. We want However, the win and advance to the semifinals," said Hantuchova.

Hantuchova enters in the opening singles against Jovanovski of Serbia. Three years ago on clay in Belgrade Areneproti former Fed Cup debutante filled with paper conditions, Saturday's duel has no clear favorite.

"Since our one mutual match in Belgrade, Jovanovski is greatly improved. Plays this year really well, I watched it in Australia. Play a quick, hard punches.'s Going to every ball, no respect. Would receive domestic audience, but each game open. really to duel with Serbia forward. namotivované We are, we are a great team. Hopefully this is reflected in the individual matches," Hantuchova said after Friday's workout.

Serb enroll without two former world units Ivanovic and Jankovic.

Ivanovic LABOR from Australian Open with a shoulder injury, Jankovic has trouble with abdominal muscles.

Jovanovski had after the Australian Open back problems in recent days has undergone therapy. Serbian captain Vranes but ultimately it was nominated in the initial dvojhier.

"Despite the injury will do everything possible to get in front of home fans brought the best performance and won the first point for Serbia. Elapsed season was great for us, we have progressed to the final of the Fed Cup. Now weakened against Slovakia onset, no asset is our team spirit," said osemfinalistka singles on the opening Grand Slam in Melbourne.

The main referee will duel Czech Martina Lutková, tasks empajrových judges acquitted the British Fiona Edwards and Frenchman Emmanuel Joseph. Play with balls brand Wilson U.S. Open, the winner enters details in the April semi-final against Russia the better of the two - Japan.

In Fed Cup history going already the fourth match between the Slovak Republic and Serbia, the third in three years. Slovaks result in mutual balance of 2:1.

In April 2010, Serb beat on clay in Belgrade Arena 3-2 thanks to great performance Hantuchova, who won both the singles and alongside Hantuchova won in doubles, third point.

A year later, the NTC Bratislava, the Slovak team lost 2:3. Hantuchova Hantuchova to be a crucial pair of doubles against Jankovic, Kruničová not use lead 6:2, 5:1 and 30:0.

Program Serbia - Slovakia:

Saturday: Bojana Jovanovski - Daniela Hantuchova, Maria Doloncová - Dominika Cibulkova

Sunday: Jovanovski - Cibulkova, Doloncová - Hantuchova, Doloncová, Aleksandra Kruničová - Magdalena Rybarikova, Jana Čepelová.
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2013 00:00 

Local Time:
"I pondered various alternatives. We have a young team and Cepelova already sticks out rolls, got into the World hundreds. I am delighted that our team is more balanced than in the past. Slovak Rybarikova became number two, but I finally decided to Daniel . Of all the girls have the most experience, in addition to three years ago in Belgrade was the main strojkyňou our success."[quote="eddy"]Hopefully Daniela will only need to play one rubber.[quote="eddy"]

eddy, you might get your wish, but not in the way you want. If I am reading between the lines correctly, if Daniela loses to Jovanovski, she's going to get benched on Sunday. :( And that, Chungwit, will I am certain make your life complete if it's 2-1 Serbia and Rybarikova plays over Dani. :? Hopefully I'm wrong, or it won't even come to that.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2013 00:29 

Local Time:
I think the most important match will be Dominika v Jovanovski as that's number 1 v number 1. I've got to believe that Daniela & Dominika will beat Dolonc. If Daniela can beat Jovanovski then that will put Slovakia in control of the tie and if Dominika can win her two matches then Slovakia will be 3-0 and Daniela won't need to play. Jovanovski doesn't seem like she's fully fit although she played well at the Australian Open, I think it'll be a tough match. I'm pretty sure if the tie goes to the deciding doubles then the Slovakia team won't be Rybarikova & Cepelova, but I'm pretty sure that who plays in the fourth & fifth rubbers will depend on whats happened in the previous singles matches and that could come down to health and fitness as well as performances.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2013 01:28 

Local Time:
I think the outcome of the first rubber Daniela vs Jovanovski will set the tone for the tie. If Jovanovski wins that one, Serbia will grab so much more self-belief and Dolonc could come out firing and pull an upset against Domi. The pressure to win has suddenly gone on the Slovaks shoulders. Whereas before when it was thought that Jankovic and Ivanovic were playing Daniela and Domi had nothing to lose.

I just want Daniela to win her rubber calmly and stay injury free and then Domi can hopefully win her two matches. We really need Daniela to be fit and fresh for next week. Fed Cup especially against Serbia is never straight forward, for once I'd like a smooth Fed Cup weekend.

Doha next week is crucial for Daniela to get back into the top 50..a lot will depend on the draw with Daniela of course being unseeded, but if Daniela can use Fed Cup to play into some kind of form I really think Daniela can do well and grab some much needed points.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2013 15:36 

Local Time:
Won 7-5 6-2. Not a thing of great beauty by any means(Jovanovski was abysmal),but hopefully a good confidence builder for the weeks ahead. :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2013 15:44 

Local Time:
I couldn't watch the match as was working, but great that she won, and it's my birthday today so that makes it even sweeter. Let's hope Domi can make it 2-0.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2013 15:51 

Local Time:
I couldn't watch the match as was working, but great that she won, and it's my birthday today so that makes it even sweeter. Let's hope Domi can make it 2-0.

Many happy returns! No way Daniela was going to be cruel enough to lose on your birthday. :P

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next