Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Brisbane International, Brisbane
PostPosted: 27. December 2012 16:28 

Local Time:
|7. May 2024| 01:43
Dates: December 30, 2012 - January 5, 2013 image
Venue: Brisbane, Australia
Tier: Premier
Prize Money: $1,000,000
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Cameron Pearson

Official Website: www.brisbaneinternational.com.au

2012 Performance: Final. Lost to Kaia Kanepi 6-2 6-1

Singles:
1R:Daniela Hantuchova bt Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP) 7-5 6-2
2R: Daniela Hantuchova bt [5] Sara Errani (ITA) 4-6 6-1 7-5
QF: [LL] Lesia Tsurenko (UKR) bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-3 6-4

Doubles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova/Katarina Srebotnik bt Mervana Jugic-Salkic/Alexandra Panova 6-4 6-4
2R: Daniela Hantuchova/Katarina Srebotnik bt Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova/Lucie Safarova 6-2 6-4
SF: Bethanie Mattek-Sands/Sania Mirza bt Daniela Hantuchova/Katarina Srebotnik 5-1 retired

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Brisbane International, Brisbane
PostPosted: 27. December 2012 16:30 

Local Time:
Women’s Singles 2013

Serena Williams USA

Maria Sharapova RUS

Sam Stosur AUS

Victoria Azarenka BLR

Angelique Kerber GER

Sara Errani ITA

Petra Kvitova CZE

Caroline Wozniacki DEN

Dominika Cibulkova SVK

Roberta Vinci ITA

Lucie Safarova CZE

Varvara Lepchenko USA

Tamira Paszek AUT

Urszula Radwanska POL

Daniela Hantuchova SVK

Carla Suarez Navarro ESP

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova RUS

Sabine Lisicki GER

Sloane Stephens USA

Sofia Arvidsson SWE

Alize Cornet FRA

Lucie Hradecka CZE

Jarmila Gajdosova AUS

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. December 2012 18:19 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 20:43
Time to brace ourselves, folks. Daniela has lost her last 6 singles matches. Assuming she plays on the 30th, she has not won in 72 days. An ugly, precipitous fall in her ranking is inevitable, starting this week. This field is stacked, and there's nothing to indicate Dani could beat even a lesser player if she lucked out in the draw, much less the top player she is more likely to see. And she'll never have the fortune she had last year in Brisbane. All we can hope for is that she has another surprise in store for us, ala Linz '07 and Pattaya '11. Perhaps she used those exhibitions to work on some wrinkles and she'll hit the ground running this week. And I did like the observation from Chungwit that odd numbered years suit her. However, I am ready for the worst, at least in the first 6 weeks.

I checked a site that projects rankings a tournament ahead of time, and it says that with a 1st round loss in Brisbane, Daniela falls to someplace between 45 & 47. Aaaaauuuggh!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. December 2012 19:00 

Local Time:
|7. May 2024| 02:43
Dreading this draw, with the Brisbane points off Daniela down to no.44, any win here is beneficial.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. December 2012 06:26 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 20:43
Under the category of things could be worse, Daniela opens with Dominguez Lino. It really doesn't matter...Dani just needs a win, no matter who it's against. The next 2 possible opponents, FYI, are Errani and Sharapova.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 29. December 2012 08:08 

Local Time:
She's also playing doubles with Srebotnik.
1st match against Jugic-Salgik/Panova

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. December 2012 12:52 

Local Time:
Well this simply is one of the best draws she could have hoped for with this stacked field.

If she's playing her best a mouth-watering match against Sharapova in the quarters is a possibility, is she is playing lousy first round loss for sure.

Excited at the prospect of Srebotnik/Hantuchova combo, I think that could really be a good team. I wonder if it's for keeps for the Australian Open at least?

Daniela playing 3rd on show court 1 (no stream) tomorrow (Sunday).

Good luck Daniela for 2013 season. We're are all wishing you the best year of your career. xxx

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. December 2012 19:38 

Local Time:
Given how Daniela's been doing lately Dominguez Lino is about the best draw she could get. She's 5-0 against Dominguez Lino so should win this. A win here would give her confidence a boost. This is a match Daniela really should win but we just have to take this one match at a time.

Teaming up with Srebotnik in the doubles is interesting and that could be a really good team. Srebotnik could be Daniela's partner for the Australian Open and it would be good to build up an understanding and some teamwork. Plus, it'll be good for Daniela to enjoy herself on court and hopefully get some wins.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 29. December 2012 20:42 

Local Time:
|7. May 2024| 03:43
Very good draw in my opinion,in the first round Daniela has all the weapons at her disposal to beat Dominguez Lino,even their h2h speaks,with Danka leading 5-0.But the spanish player had a decent season last year and it could be a tricky one for Daniela.
I'm hoping for a really nice season for Daniela,she can surely do it !

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 29. December 2012 21:05 

Local Time:
Regarding partnership with Srebotnik, on the site below they explain that Srebotnik will play with Nadia Petrova during this season, Hantuchova being an exception at Brisbane...

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. December 2012 21:19 

Local Time:
Regarding partnership with Srebotnik, on the site below they explain that Srebotnik will play with Nadia Petrova during this season, Hantuchova being an exception at Brisbane...

Shame..

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 30. December 2012 07:19 

Local Time:
didn't know that there are streams from the 1st day :) Great to see her playing after a while, 7-5 2-0

with ace#1 leading 4-1 :mrgreen:

won 7-5 6-2 :beer: good start to the year. plays aggressive but controlled, sometimes serve and volley , really like her game.
seems to be very relaxed, signs autographs after the match, talks a little bit and time for a photo :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. December 2012 07:52 

Local Time:
:beer: Wow didn't realise they were streaming show court 1, I managed to see the last 4 games. Daniela played solid, nothing spectacular but seems to play with a clear head. The first set was was crucial to this match as Daniela was able to relax and go for her shots more after winning the opening set. I especially liked her crosscourt angles (reminiscent of 2008) which had margin for error too and also a few serve and volleys which didn't pay off but quite a good tactic if she plays the less offensive players.

Always nice to begin the year with a win, she'll have at least tomorrow maybe even Tuesday off before she faces either Errani or a qualifier. A real chance for quarters here if she plays to a high level.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. December 2012 14:55 

Local Time:
I didn't see the match but from what eddy and Patti said it was a good performance from Daniela at least in the second set and that she was also trying out new tactics with serve and volleying.
I remember when Darren Cahill coached her he told her to go for the fat part of the court and that's what she seemed to do although I'm pretty sure Sanchez Casal had a bit to do with that as well. It gives her more margin for error while still being able to be attacking and dictate. It's nice that Daniela also had fun and enjoyed herself. It's nice that Daniela's got the winning feeling again.

Hantuchova after successfully entering the season, made no secret of contentment. "I am very pleased that I managed to season opening match in straight sets, as Dominguez Lino makes me downright grueling chore. Although I have it with a positive balance, but it is always very difficult duels. Villages on today I felt great, especially after a conditioning page. important was that I was patient and even if anything went wrong, I was able to forgive mistakes and move on quickly. Nevertheless, it was the first game of the year and then one must be less critical of myself. On the court was quite warm, but I'm used to the heat, as we have been here two weeks. The hotter the better. Following a high-quality training I am glad to be back on the court and I really enjoy it. coming back to Australia always very happy," said Hantuchova.

@ google translate

Five former world envisaged by the second cycling to measure forces with an Italian Errani. The finalist Roland Garros has an active record 4-2, but the last tournament in Cincinnati with her ​​American pulled the short end.

"It will be a very tough match. Last Sara gave me a decent lesson. I'll Do my best to repay the defeat of Cincinnati. Expect many exchanges, just as such matches at the beginning of the year I need to do to get into a good rhythm,"
said Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. December 2012 16:28 

Local Time:
Daniela had white tape under both her armpits, never seen that before, was that to absorb sweat??

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next