Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Federer vs Tsonga, Bogota
PostPosted: 14. December 2012 17:42 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 22:57
Dates: December 15, 2012 image
Venue: Bogota, Colombia
Tier: Exhibition
Surface: Hard/Indoors

Official Website: www.federervstsonga.com

Mixed Doubles:
Andrea Hlavackova (CZE) & Santiago Giraldo (COL) bt Daniela Hantuchova & Alejandro Falla (COL) 6-2 3-6 12-10

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Federer vs Tsonga, Bogota
PostPosted: 14. December 2012 17:59 

Local Time:
Daniela's match is going to be a mixed doubles and she's partnering Alejandro Falla against Andrea Hlavackova and Santiago Giraldo. Falla nearly beat Federer at Wimbledon a couple of years ago and Hlavackova's one of the top doubles players and Giraldo's there because he's Colombian. Federer and Tsonga are the main event of the evening and Daniela's match is the warm-up.

It would have been nice if Daniela's match had been a singles as it would have been good to play a match as she should beat Hlavackova easily enough in singles. Mixed doubles will be fun and she's got a match against Gajdosova in Australia before the season starts. Hopefully Daniela's had a good offseason and she's fully fit and free from nagging aches and pains. If she can play well and work on her game in the exhibitions then she can start the new season with momentum and confidence which is going to be important because she has so many points to defend at the start of the next year.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. December 2012 20:03 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova: "I agreed to come to Bogota it's always good to see new places"
Slovak tennis player first visited Colombia and is part of the program of the meeting between Federer and Tsonga.
GARZÓN ALEJANDRO RIVERA | DECEMBER 14, 2012

"Always struck me come to Colombia": Daniela Hantuchova

Daniela Hantuchova, currently ranked 32nd in the WTA ranking, was excited to be part of the exhibition tournament, whose main attraction Roger Federer.

Hantuchova took advantage of this exhibition coincides with their preparation for the tour of Australia "is perfect because I'm on my way to Australia. The tours are usually in the same places, so I liked the idea of coming to Bogota. "

The Slovak recognized that few know of the country "did not know much of the country. But hey, now I'm here and the first thing I find is that a lot of traffic coming from the airport," she said laughing the player who will be part of the mixed doubles with Czech Andrea Hlavackova and ccolombianos Santiago Giraldo and Alejandro Falla prior to the compromise between Federer and Tsonga.

Speaking about the instability of women's tennis, Hantuchova said that "in women's tennis has changed in the last ten years, it has become more physical. Now the preparation is based on the physical side. Be consistent from the beginning in the physical part is very challenging."

On the possibility of coming to Colsanitas Cup in February, Hantuchova said "definitely would think. Depends a lot on how I go in Australia and how convenient is the date."

Hantuchova expected that in the future the Colombian players achieve emphasize "I know a lot of women today, I hope that in the future may arrive Colombian players the circuit because it would make it interesting."
@ google translate
+ radio interview.

The doubles teams opened the game 'Federer. vs. Tsonga '
Roger Federer and France's Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will face this Saturday December 15 at the Coliseo El Campin in Bogota.

Tennis players and Colombian Santiago Giraldo Alejandro Falla officially opened the meeting events 'Bancolombia Federer - Tsonga', as the protagonists of doubles, alongside Daniela Hantuchova and Czech Andrea Hlavackova.

Falla, Giraldo and Hantuchova on Friday offered the first press conference of the event, organized Imlah of Colombia, under the auspices of Bancolombia.

"It's always a pleasure to visit other countries, on my way to Australia and play with these figures is very good," said Daniela Hantuchova, who admitted that his best game was when he won at the start of his career, the Swiss Martina Hingis, exnúmero global one.

Slovak tennis player said he knows little of Bogotá, which has about 8 million inhabitants, which has heavy traffic and leads a day if only "I have seen the warmth of the people, very friendly and I hope to know more in order to return."

And his return, taking into account that next year Colombia will host the ATP 250, Daniela said: "I will take into account, will be after Australia, although it is difficult for the calendar depends on a coach's decision and we will look after the result of Australia."
@ google translate

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 15. December 2012 21:37 

Local Time:
|18. May 2024| 00:57
She is playing singles too against Hlavackova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. December 2012 23:46 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 17:57
Daniela and her partner have split two sets (2-6; 6-3). I'll assume they'll go to the 10 pt. tiebreak. Go, Dani!
They save 3 match pts. from 6-9 to 10 all; but now face another one. Daniela Melodrama, even in an exhibition!
Frig. 10-12. :(

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. December 2012 02:15 

Local Time:
I love when Daniela danced at the end of the match. ;)

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. December 2012 03:08 

Local Time:
|18. May 2024| 00:57
Wonderful experience for Dani,I'm soo happy for her :) Hopefully we will be able to see her beautiful smile more often in this upcoming season:)

Everything in life happens 4 a reason ;)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. December 2012 03:26 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 17:57
??? What did I miss, guys? Is any of this on video?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. December 2012 13:56 

Local Time:
It would have been nice if Daniela could have won here but as long as she does a lot of winning in 2013, starting in Brisbane, then this doesn't matter too much. Still wanted her to win though.

On court interview with Daniela and the ceremony and presentation:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments