Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Qatar Airways Tournament Of Champions, Sofia
PostPosted: 28. October 2012 13:37 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:24
Dates: October 30 - November 4, 2012 image
Venue: Sofia, Bulgaria
Tier: International
Prize Money: $750,000
Surface: Hard/Indoors
Tournament Director:

Official website: www.sofia-tennis.bg

2011 Performance: 1st round. Lost to Sabine Lisicki 7-5 6-2

Round Robin:
Roberta Vinci (ITA) bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-1 6-2
Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) bt Daniela Hantuchova 3-6 7-6(4) 6-4
Hsieh Su-Wei (TPE) bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-1 0-6 6-4

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Qatar Airways Tournament Of Champions, Sofia
PostPosted: 28. October 2012 13:39 

Local Time:
Players:

Caroline Wozniacki

Nadia Petrova

Tsvetana Pironkova

Maria Kirilenko

Roberta Vinci

Hsieh Su-Wei

Jie Zheng

Daniela Hantuchova

Alternates:

Sofia Arvidsson

Alize Cornet

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. October 2012 13:44 

Local Time:
Wozniacki and Hantuchova are happy to be back in Bulgaria

Hantuchova also said she approves of the new structure of The Tournament, which allows players to play more matches and make up for any mistakes they might make. She continued, “I am glad to be back in your country. I still remember the Fed cup matches I have played in Bulgaria. I didn’t expect to qualify for Sofia, so I am very happy. I am also glad I hold a record by taking part in The Tournament three consecutive years. However, I think Sofia would be very different from Bali. I know a lot about Bulgaria, as my parents often come here on holiday. I associate Bulgaria with Dimitar Berbatov,” finished Daniela.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. October 2012 20:44 

Local Time:
We'll see how Daniela does here. A lot will depend on the draw and if she gets into a good group then she can do well. Daniela has a good record against most of the other players there. I suspect that everyone is hoping that they get Hsieh and Pironkova in their group. Petrova, Kirilenko and Vinci were all playing doubles in Istanbul although doubles isn't that physically gruelling and Sofia's not far from Istanbul so it probably won't affect them that much. Daniela's run in Luxembourg will have given her confidence, although the loss to Niculescu may have dented it a bit, so hopefully that was just one of those things. She'll will have had a week of practice at Sanchez Casal so Daniela should come in prepared and confident and ready to play good tennis.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. October 2012 22:33 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:24
The draw is going to be very interesting, I think if she can avoid Wozniacki's group then she has a real fighting chance to make semis...

I guess the easiest draw she could get would be:

Petrova
Vinci
Hsieh

Would you agree??

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. October 2012 23:36 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:24
When Dani won in Thailand last year, I was not yet in the Forum. Out of curiousity I went into the archives to check the mood of everyone prior to the start of that tourney, knowing that she had been winless for years and started 2011 forgetably. My 2 favorite comments were "Wow, there's an outside shot that she could actually win a match here" and "Hope she will get a win at least". It worked. So, I'm going to try doing the exact opposite. I've got a (very deep) feeling that this week's gonna be a good week. In fact, in my mind without question, Daniela is WINNING THIS TOURNAMENT! No questions asked, no doubt about it. I have conveyed this to Dani on Facebook. Taking it a step further, knowing what a stickler she is for preparation, I humbly suggested to her that she select the lucky meal that she will superstitiously eat every day and the place with the swimming pool that she and her Mum will dive into after the final! On Sunday, remember where you heard this first! (I'm sure you guys will either way!)

N.B.: Daniela is blogging this week on her site and the WTA's. See if she agrees with me!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 12:34 

Local Time:
Ok so draw is out..

Wozniacki
Vinci
Hsieh
Hantuchova

Petrova
Kirilenko
Zheng
Pironkova

Unfortunately she got Caro...but the other two matches are certainly winnable. I just hope that Daniela won't have to play Caro first. If she can get a win against Vinci/Hsieh in her first match it will take the pressure off having to beat Caro.
Im so excited about this tournament!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 13:44 

Local Time:
That's a pretty decent draw. The crucial match for Daniela will be against Vinci. Wozniacki's in her best form for a long time winning Seoul & Moscow, she's beaten Daniela twice this year so she'll be very difficult while Daniela bet Hsieh fairly easily in Pattaya and Hsieh's done nothing outside of South East Asia and the ITF. Hsieh does have a similar style to Niculescu but as long as Daniela plays well she should beat Hsieh easily enough. Vinci had a great run of form on the North American hardcourts in the summer winning Dallas and having good runs at the US Open and Montreal but the rest of the time she hasn't done that much and Daniela beat her in Sydney but Vinci's generally given Daniela tough matches. As long as Daniela's in good form and plays well then she can do well here but she has to play well and respect the opponents.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 14:17 

Local Time:
Hantuchova sees participation in the Little World Cup in Sofia as a nice dot the season.

"I got to Sofia at the last minute, it's a nice bonus for me. I appreciate that I can start in this tournament. In every game I will try to give yourself the maximum and see how it goes," she said shortly after the lottery ticket Hantuchova, who was especially pleased to duel with his good friend Wozniacki.

The former world number one has yet to record 1:5, this year with her losing the Olympics in London and the tournament in Tokyo.

"With Caroline on Sunday morning we arrived in Sofia, in the afternoon we practiced together., We joked that already lacks only common game and really gave us the ticket to a group. Caroline at the end of the season and the playful and the training has been seen that a very good form. however, I will fight. Gradually, both accustomed to the altitude of the court, which is still different. Stadium with a capacity of 10 to 12 thousand spectators are beautiful and I hope that the fans create a great atmosphere. Personally, I am glad in Sofia play group system. every day is a new game," said Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 14:19 

Local Time:
[quote]We joked that already lacks only common game and really gave us the ticket to a group[quote]

Wonder what this means...?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 14:21 

Local Time:
I think it means that Daniela and Wozniacki were going to be drawn together.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 17:26 

Local Time:
OOP

Daniela starts proceeds against Vinci, a win here is a must...i will be working so won't be able to watch :(

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Arena Armeec (from 15.50hrs)
1. Roberta Vinci vs. Daniela Hantuchova
2. Zheng Jie vs. Tsvetana Pironkova (NB 18.15hrs)
3. Caroline Wozniacki vs. Hsieh Su-Wei (NB 20.00hrs)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 19:28 

Local Time:
Daniela's most important match of the group stages is up first. If she wins then she's in a strong position to go through, but if she loses then it'll be tough as she'll have to beat Wozniacki to go through. Hopefully the court will be good and quick which would suit Daniela and she can start well and get the win.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 19:51 

Local Time:
Word is Caro said she thinks the court is almost a little too fast...but she just played in Moscow which were ultra slow.

Hopefully it is true that it's fast, Vinci will try and slow everything down, so Daniela must not selfdistruct like she did against Niculescu. Hopefully her and her coach have solved this. Vinci's a tough customer, but she looked surprisingly lacklustre in Istanbul but obviously that was only one match. Vinci gave Venus quite a tough match in Luxembourg so it's definitely going to be a tough first match for Daniela. A semifinal showing here would just be awesome, hopefully a good first match win can boost Danielas confidence when she plays the other two opponents

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 20:44 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova: Pironkova is a great tennis player

29/10/2012

The tournament starts tomorrow, there is rising tension and what are your expectations?

There is no power, absolutely. I'm here because I want to play and it's a nice bonus at the end of the year. All games will be tough, but I enjoy the game and give the best of yourself. Whatever happens, it will be better.

Who is the toughest opponent you here?

Carolina is ranked first, but all played very well and we are all here to give everything to win. So, all matches will be very difficult.

What do you think of the draw?

I claim all this great play, I do not care who I play with. Will split to the end and see what happens.

You train with Todor Enev, what about pavements?

The ball was flying pretty high, it is difficult to control. I'm glad I came earlier, because it is very difficult to play in such conditions. Courtney is very good, the room is beautiful, I'm impressed. I'm sure it was full of fans will be very beautiful.

What do you think Tsvetana Pironkova?

She's a great player. We once played against each other. Obviously, for it to play at home will be a great advantage. Have the support of their home fans. She has done so much for Bulgarian tennis, inspiring children. Hopefully more people to practice tennis in this country.

What are your impressions of the Bulgarian fans, playing here for Fed Cup?

That was long ago I do not remember much. I hope many to come this week. Great to play here, where tennis is perhaps not so popular. Many of the children can be inspired and take rocket.

Your parents came here on holiday, what can you tell us about that?

Before leaving for Sofia, they told me to come here as a young holidays and enjoy them. We are very happy to be here and I hope to have time this week to look at.

What do you think the best Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov?

He is very talented, I remember I worked with him once many years ago when he was very young and then I said that one day will be in the Top 10. I think that would make it a matter of time There's so much talent and great character. I hope to really perform well.

Translation by Google

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next