Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier I Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Toray Pan Pacific Open, Tokyo
PostPosted: 26. September 2012 18:35 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:07
TOKYO. Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova and Peng Šuaj Chinese woman lost in first match round of doubles at WTA tournament in Tokyo with the German-Czech pair Anna-Lena Grönefeldová, Kveta Peschke ranked as a fourth seed in 58 minutes 1:6, 2:6.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. September 2012 15:19 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:07
FFS Daniela has drawn Kvitova in 1st round of Beijing...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. September 2012 17:23 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:07
well, that is what low raking does to you. Hope she can at least make a fight out of it, specially since Petra is prone to big lapses during matches (as is daniela).

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. September 2012 06:10 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 05:07
I detect a sense of dread about Daniela drawing Petra, a fear that this could get ugly and be one-sided. I agree. Daniela is going to blast her butt all the way from Beijing to Poprad! I remember that Dani was mopping up the court with Petra in Eastbourne last year before being struck with her abdominal injury. Here in America, both athletes and fans refer to this as Unfinished Business. (Yes, I know they played early this year and Petra won easily...that makes the business even more unfinished!) Remember where you heard this first. (And please, no cracks about how your 1st impression is that I have lost my mind, but then you remembered that you can't lose something you never had to begin with! :lol: )

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. September 2012 13:27 

Local Time:
Not going well lost first set 2-6 had 4 break points in Kvitovas service game but didn't take them. Ghastly ghastly draw..is there a stream..? Im on the road so can't watch but hope someones Jakob highlights..

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 29. September 2012 13:43 

Local Time:
No there's no stream :cry:
Daniela now 2-4 on 2nd set
Daniela 3-4 Go,go !!
Hum, 3-5 Sounds bad

Daniela lost 6-2 6-3

She will play double with Shuai Peng

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. September 2012 13:56 

Local Time:
Beijing singles over...and its not even Sunday....we didn't even get a thread...horrid draw, I feel Daniela gave it everything though...and at 3-4 even though it was still a break behind she had got it back from 0-3...sigh...I still feel she's getting there though. Fingers crossed for a decent tournament indoors..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. September 2012 14:15 

Local Time:
Petra is just the worst match up for Daniela ever. Serving 7 DF doesn't help,but it is understandable given how crushing Kvitova's returns can be. :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. September 2012 18:19 

Local Time:
OK, Alexis, you start us off. I'll take WTA Tennis for $200. The answer is....1485. Alexis? What is Daniela's point total in the rankings? No, sorry. Anyone? Eddy? What is the total number of sports predictions Alex Isabel has been wrong on in the last week? Correct! You're the winner! You know, sometimes you gotta have fun with this! I wrote the last post at about 1 AM, just after I had looked at the WTA Order of Play, which only had singles qualifiers listed. I was shocked to get up today and see that the Petra match had already been played!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2012 11:28 

Local Time:
And of course Kvitova plays like rubbish in her 2nd round match and loses to Suarez Navarro 63 62...urgh..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2012 17:17 

Local Time:
And of course Kvitova plays like rubbish in her 2nd round match and loses to Suarez Navarro 63 62...urgh..

If we could get $1 for every time this happens, we'd all have more than Daniela's $8.4 million career money!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2012 21:58 

Local Time:
I just watched a very stuttery Kvitova vs daniela match on youtube.

Daniela played actually quite well, Kvitova just plays such a hard ball, (it's an abomination to watch, I can't stand that sort of tennis). But the chances Daniela had in the opening Kvitova service was crucial. Had Daniela won just one of those 4 break points I think it would have forced more errors from Kvitova...

I hope Daniela doesn't put herself down after this match, her return was really bad though at times. Going too often down the line.

Please let her have a great indoor couple of tournaments..she really deserves it and I like her team from the Sanchez Casal.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. October 2012 16:06 

Local Time:
Thanks for that Eddy. You have clearly been a keener observer of Dani much longer than me (I really started to become a Daniela Maniac when she beat Serena in AO, a match that is never, ever brought up), and you never pull punches, so if you're encouraged, so am I. Loved the photo of Dani with one of the old/new coaches. Much more encouraged by today's rout with Peng in doubles. Not bad for an hour's work!
I may have mentioned that I have spent many years as a play-by-play radio broadcaster for high schools here in upstate New York. Last year, I started finding ways of getting a mention of Daniela into some of the games. My long-time broadcast partner doesn't follow tennis, hadn't heard of her, and it knocked him nuts! I ended up saying "Google her. You'll know right away!" I don't think he did. So last week, I brought my picture of me with Dani in Miami and showed it to him. "That's your girl?", he says. Then he looks at it again and says "Why does she look so mad?" The answer, of course, is obvious. "Because she was posing with me!" :lol:

Anyone know what's up with Chungwit? I miss his viewpoints.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 3. October 2012 03:17, edited 1 time in total.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. October 2012 19:53 

Local Time:
Beijing - With Shuai Peng they won against GOVORTSOVA, Olga/ NICULESCU, Monica 6-3 6-2 :P

Last edited by Jean Raj on 8. October 2012 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 3. October 2012 19:32 

Local Time:
Beijing - In doubles 2nd round, KOPS-JONES, Raquel and SPEARS, Abigail won 4:6 7:6 10:6 against Hantuchova / Peng

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next