Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: New Haven Open At Yale
PostPosted: 17. August 2012 22:56 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:37
Dates: August 19-25, 2012 image
Venue: New Haven, USA
Tier: Premier
Prize Money: $637,000
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Anne Worcester

Official website: www.newhavenopen.com/

2011 Performance: Did not play.
Last Appearance: 2010 second round. Lost to Dinara Safina 7-6 7-6

Singles:
1R: Mona Barthel (GER) bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-3 7-5

Doubles:
1R: Andrea Hlavackova/Lucie Hradecka bt Daniela Hantuchova/Anabel Medina Garrigues 7-6(5) 6-2

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: New Haven Open At Yale
PostPosted: 17. August 2012 23:00 

Local Time:
Draw's already out.

1R: Mona Barthel
2R: [7] Maria Kirilenko or Shahar Peer
QF: [1] Agnieszka Radwanska, Francesca Schiavone or Qualifier

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. August 2012 23:12 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:37
Ouch! Not be negative but I don't see Daniela getting past Barthel...she was brilliant in parts against Kvitova..!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2012 17:10 

Local Time:
The way Daniela's playing at the moment we just have to take things one match at a time. Like eddy said, Barthel played great against Kvitova in Cincinnati and she's also played extremely well against Azarenka at Indian Wells and almost won and that was when Azarenka was in amazing form. Barthel's a good player but she's also had slumps - she had a five game losing streak in the summer - and Daniela crushed her in doubles at Wimbledon. At the same time doubles isn't singles and Daniela will have to play well to win. It'll be a tough match.

Kirilenko's the likely second round opponent and she's been playing well this season so I'd anticipate that being a tough match but Daniela has to get past Barthel first.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2012 23:43 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Monday, August 20, 2012

Grandstand (from 12.00hrs)
1. Melanie Oudin vs. Sofia Arvidsson
2. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Mona Barthel
3. Anabel Medina Garrigues vs. Dominika Cibulkova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2012 23:48 

Local Time:
Doubles draw is out.

Daniela's playing with Medina Garrigues and they've got Hlavackova & Hradecka in the first round. Second round would be against Groenefeld & Peschke or Amanmuradova & Kateryna Bondarenko.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. August 2012 04:15 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:37
Does this mean that Daniela's added one more tour player to her bff list? ;)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 20. August 2012 19:14 

Local Time:
1st set
1-0. Daniela holds to 0, ace#1
1-1. Barthel holds to 15
2-1. Daniela holds to 15 , df#1
2-2. Barthel holds to 30
2-3. Daniela got broken to 15.... df#2
2-4. Daniela saves 3 GP's , BP, BP, GP, GP and Barthel holds :-(((
3-4. Daniela holds with her 2nd GP, df#3
3-5. Daniela has a BP but Barthel holds then...
3-6. Daniela has 2 GP's, BP, BP and that was the 1st set.... (df#4)

2nd set
0-1. Barthel holds
0-2. Daniela has a GP but got broken, df#5
0-3. Daniela saves 5 GP's but Barthel holds...

i'm off now

Last edited by Patti1989 on 20. August 2012 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. August 2012 19:36 

Local Time:
Daniela can barely win a match these days, it's sad :( 6-3 4-1, and now 5-1, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:...Daniela breaks saving 2 break points but surely it's too late to come back from 3-6 2-5, Daniela holds to 15, it's just one break, please Mona choke...Daniela breaks saving another match point, if Daniela can just hold here she'll be back even in this 2nd set...please Daniela hold...Daniela holds to love! Comon! Ah Barthel regroups and holds to love, more pressure on Daniela to push this to a tiebreak.

The only encouraging thing is that a lot of the games were very close, with numerous gps but Barthel was winning many of the important ones...same old story...Daniela just got from 1-5 down to 5-5! What a rollercoaster! Still Mona could still snatch this match in straight sets, but well done to Daniela for getting this back to being competitive.

No Daniela couldn't...

Barthel d. Hantuchova 6-3 7-5

Well it could have been a 6-3 6-1 loss so at least she started to find her range towards the end of the match...

Sigh, well I guess we can't expect anything at US Open, will all depend on the draw but I'm not sure how Daniela is going to be able to get back to even the top 30 at this rate...she's bound to get tough draws for the remainder of the season. I'm pretty depressed, Daniela may even hang up her racket at the end of this year if she doesn't get any reward for her hard work practising.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. August 2012 20:59 

Local Time:
Those serving stats are hideous-1 ace to 7 DF and only 3/18 points won on the second serve. :oops:

Maybe she should give Robert Lansdorp a call,and see if he wants a job. He is the guy who modeled the serves of Sampras and Davenport.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. August 2012 22:30 

Local Time:
This is depressing. Daniela kept fighting and came back from 1-5 down to 5-5 in the second set so her fighting spirit and desire is still there but she couldn't sustain her revival. Her first serve was pretty good as she got 74% in and won 67% of the points on her first serve. But if she didn't get the first serve in then it was basically Barthel's point and Barthel won most of the crucial points in the match.

I just cannot see how Pistolesi can stay as Daniela's coach. She's in a terrible slump at the moment and she's gotten rid of much better coaches than him after far shallower slumps than this and she's regressing terribly, it's heartbreaking. Pistolesi has spent pretty much all of his career coaching average players and that's because he's a mediocre coach, Daniela is far better than this and with a decent coach would be doing so much better. I know Daniela's an Italophile but she surely can't be keeping this guy just because he's Italian. There have to be much better coaches available, hell, I'm available and I couldn't be any worse than him and I'd be cheaper as well. Still, if this moves him closer to the exit or even better right out of the exit, then some good can come of this.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. August 2012 12:30 

Local Time:
This is very depressing, she hasnt done much lately..only won 2 or 3 matches. Cant really expect anything soon from Daniela, hope she can get a few quarters in the indoor season. Stay strong girl!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. August 2012 14:48 

Local Time:
Order of Play Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stadium (from 12.00hrs)
1. Carla Suárez Navarro vs. Sara Errani
2. Marion Bartoli vs. Sloane Stephens
3. Hantuchova/Medina Garrigues vs. Hlavackova/Hradecka
4. Agnieszka Radwanska vs. Olga Govortsova (NB 19.00hrs)
5. Mona Barthel vs. Maria Kirilenko

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. August 2012 22:01 

Local Time:
Doubles

1st set
7-6(5) Hlavackova/Hradecka

2nd set:
0-3
0-4, Hradecka holds to 0 with 2 aces.
1-4, Daniela & AMG hold from 0-30 down.
1-5, Hlavackova holds to 15.
2-5, Daniela & AMG hold from 30-40.
2-6, Hradecka serves out to 15.

Hlavackova & Hradecka are one of the top teams, they won Cincinnati last week and were Olympic silver medalists while this was the first time Daniela & Medina Garrigues had played together, so I suppose they did as well as could have been reasonably expected. The first set was very close and if Daniela & Medina Garrigues had been able to win it, then they could have had a great chance to win the match but Hlavackova & Hradecka edged it and then broke twice at the start of the second set while Daniela & Medina Garrigues couldn't convert the break points they had in the second game. That was where the match was decided. A scratch team was competitive against one of the top teams.

I guess this is some more match practice for Daniela and hopefully she's saving her tennis for the US Open.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. August 2012 23:55 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:37
fyi: Daniela's team had 4-0 and 5-2 leads in the 1st set tiebreak. :(
Why did Barthel not get sick yesterday, instead of making all of us ill? :x

I was going to research what Dani's record in 1st sets since her return is, but I kept reading the word Depressing in some of your takes, so why depress you any further?

I don't really get into the coach thing like many of you. But, as Joe Friday always said on Dragnet, "Just The Facts." If memory serves correctly, Daniela's present coach wasn't with her in Thailand, probably not in Brisbane as well. Liptak handles the Fed Cup team. He handled Dani and Dominika at the Olympics. Facts: 1 win, 1 final, 3-1 and 2 clinchers in Fed Cup, and since her return, her best results were in London. So, officially, that record is 11-2, and with Fed Cup it's 14-3. Daniela's record otherwise this year...again, don't want to be depressing. (Oh, wtf, it's 11-14.) But, giving you one more fact, in the 4 major sports here in the USA, that record gets a lot of coaches fired!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next