Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 6. September 2012 14:25 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:01
What do you guys make up of daniela's time with Sanchez Casal academy? I still think that was the most consistent she was after all the bad years. She even bulked up and got some pretty great results; she wont be ever a super consistent player, but she was very stable with them.

I wonder if she minds going back to that style of play.

ps: I guess one also has to take into account that her body is more injury prone now. I just still wonder what would have happened if she did not injure herself so badly in 2008.

Sanchez Academy+Marco Panichi as her trainer was the golden combination. Gimenez practised the forehand with her relentlessly,and as a result the unforced errors were cut down whilst the power remained formidable. Her BH was also markedly better in those days,much more pop on it and she would choose the right ball to go DTL on,as opposed to today. Plus her balltoss was fine in those days,and her serve was effective rather than the liability it is today.

The difference in movement and agility between 2007 and 2012 is enough to make you weep.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. September 2012 10:31 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 06:01
I wonder if that relationship went sour somehow, because I cannot explain why daniela would let them go.

I wish she would go back to them, they made her a reliable player, or at least as reliable as she could be. She used topspin, variety, more angles.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. September 2012 11:18 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:01
Don't get it why she does not play the tourny Guanghzou or Seoul to get a few wins (warming up) under her belt before she is heading to Tokyo. She would be seeded and could play relaxed without anything to lose. :?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. September 2012 06:54 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:01
Don't get it why she does not play the tourny Guanghzou or Seoul to get a few wins (warming up) under her belt before she is heading to Tokyo. She would be seeded and could play relaxed without anything to lose. :?

Assuming Daniela has a new coach, I think she's better to take an extra week with that coach, rather than go to some nothing tourney and possibly make some triple digit ranking player's career with another disheartening 1st round loss. (Or maybe she's using that week to photo shoot for a 2013 calendar! :) )
And hey, due to that wonderous WTA ranking system, Daniela is moving up by not playing! (6 spots in last 2 weeks from #41 to 35.)

It is respectfully submitted that the next time a Slovakian gets a #1 seed in the Quebec City tournament, she should decline it :!:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7