Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Rogers Cup, Montreal
PostPosted: 4. August 2012 14:57 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:20
Dates: August 7 - 13, 2012 image
Venue: Montreal, Canada
Tier: Premier
Prize Money: $2,168,400
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Eugene Lapierre

Official website: www.rogerscup.com

2011 Performance: 2nd round. Lost to Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez 7-5 6-2

Singles:
1R: Alexandra Wozniak (CAN) bt Daniela Hantuchova 7-5 7-6 (5)

Doubles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova/Dominika Cibulkova bt [WC] Sharon Fichman/Marie-Eve Pelletier 5-7 6-3 12-10
2R: Bethanie Mattek-Sands/Sania Mirza bt Daniela Hantuchova/Dominika Cibulkova 6-2 6-3

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Rogers Cup, Montreal
PostPosted: 4. August 2012 14:59 

Local Time:
Players:
playerListMTL2.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. August 2012 18:33 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:20
Shitty draw for Daniela,

1r Wozniak
2r Jankovic
3r Sharapova
QF Wozniacki

GROAN

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. August 2012 19:45 

Local Time:
If Daniela plays like she did against Li Na and Cornet at the Olympics, she should be able to beat Wozniak easily enough. Wozniak has had some good performances this year as she gave Agnieszka Radwanska a really tough match in Dubai, she had match points against Venus Williams in Miami and she beat McHale in Charleston. Wozniak's had a solid year and she'll have home support so this could be tough. Daniela beat her at Stanford in 2009 although it was a three setter.

Jankovic is in a big slump at the moment. Admittedly, most of her losses have been to top players or players who had a good tournament but she's only had two top 50 wins on the tour since Dubai.

Shazza's the likely 3rd round opponent and that will be a very difficult match although we don't know what the Olympics will have taken out of her.

A lot will depend on how fit Daniela is and how much she's able to build on her run at the Olympics. I'm taking this one game at a time.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. August 2012 23:17 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Central (from 12.00hrs)
1. Roberta Vinci vs. Yanina Wickmayer
2. Tamira Paszek vs. Julia Goerges (NB 14.00hrs)
3. Chanelle Scheepers vs. Stéphanie Dubois (NB 18.00hrs)
4. Aleksandra Wozniak vs. Daniela Hantuchova (NB 20.00hrs)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. August 2012 23:27 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:20
It's too bad the draw didn't create the possibilty of Dani playing Wozniak and Wozniacki back-to-back :!:

With Daniela 22 wins short of 500 career, where can I find a list of players with 500 or more? I tried Google and the WTA. When one of the Williams sisters reached that level earlier this year, the media fawned all over it, but probably if/when Daniela reaches it, we'll be the only ones to know (besides her, I imagine), so I'd like to see the list and judge for myself how excellent an achievement it would be. Thanks in advance for any help!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. August 2012 01:56 

Local Time:
Daniela playing terribly was 4-2 up but now 4-5 down and Wozniak serving for set :( Why am I staying up for this...?

5-5 and now 5-6 of course... :oops:

Numerous chances to get it to a tiebreak but no 5-7, Wozniak will play with more freedom now, which makes her more dangerous..oh Daniela...:(

1-3 down to 4-3 comon daniela take this to 3! Daniela stops the point mid to challenge but wrong 2 bps and Wozniak is serving for the match, Daniela close to tears...somehow Daniela breaks back 5-5, now HOLD Daniela as if your life depends on it! Nope 15-40...and huge double fault...5-6 Wozniak serving again for the match...somehow Daniela breaks back 6-6, tiebreak...RAIN DELAY, I'M OFF TO BED, GOOD LUCK DANIELA...

This is by far the worst match of the year by far from Daniela whatever the result, nuff said...blind, reckless hitting, no construction, and no excuse for it...Claudio is clearly not helping her game, but they seem to get on well so I don't understand, maybe she needs someone really mean, maybe Claudio is too nice...

I'm usually not that harsh on Daniela's performance, but in this match there's no way of coating it in sugar...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. August 2012 04:02 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 03:20
It sounds like I'm glad I was out of the house for the first set. The end of the second half was painful, too. From 4-4, there were four consecutive break of serves. Wozniak served for the match at 5-4 but Daniela broke easily. Daniela then gave the break back at 15-40. Serving for the match again, Wozniak failed on two match points. Daniela converted her second break point to send the match to this tiebreaker.

Here's the tiebreak point-by-point. Daniela serving first.

1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 (double mini-break up), 3-2, 3-3, 3-4, 4-4, 5-4 (on serve), 5-5 (awful FH error), 5-6 (ditto), 5-7 (long point).

Brutal loss to a lousy player - whatever positive was gained from the Olympics was given back here.

ITF Player
PostPosted: 8. August 2012 10:01 

Local Time:
I've been following Hantuchova's career on-and -off now for quite a few years, and I finally decided to join a forum, because I don't think she's going to be around for much longer, and it might be interesting(or depressing) to see how she fares in the closing chapter of her career. I was not really surprised by the loss last night:; Daniela's never played very well during the US Open series, and aside from the win over over Na Li at the Olympics her form has been sub-par. This is NOT a coaching issue; she must have had 6 or 7 different coaches over the past 5 years and not one of them really added much to her game. On a positive note; she doesn't have a lot of points to defend until the end of the year. She does have to build a cushion though, because if she loses early in Brisbane, Melbourne and Pattaya next year, she'll be out on her way out of the Top 100. If that happens, I don't see her playing on.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. August 2012 14:10 

Local Time:
This is depressing. I felt that this could be a tough match as Wozniak was playing at home and she'd had some good performances this year but it seems that Daniela played poorly and and that was why she lost. Her serve seems to have been terrible as she won only 45% of her service points and saved only 1 BP out of 8. The serve really let her down as if it had been any way decent, Daniela would have had a great chance of winning this. Maybe this was a post Olympic letdown or her shoulder is troubling her again. Daniela needed a good run here as she's just outside of a US Open seeding at the moment and she has a lot of points to defend at Cincinnati. The only positive is that she hardly has any points to defend between Cincinnati and Brisbane. Hopefully Daniela can have a run in the doubles with Dominika. Daniela's a strong and resilient woman and she's recovered from bad slumps in the past, this is tough at the moment, but Daniela can come through this.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. August 2012 14:23 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Court 9 (from 12.00hrs)
1. Mona Barthel vs. Timea Babos
2. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs. Varvara Lepchenko
3. Cibulkova/Hantuchova vs. Fichman/Pelletier
4. Kops-Jones/Spears vs. Bouchard/Wozniak

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. August 2012 21:43 

Local Time:
Doubles:

2-3, Fichman/Pelletier hold from 30-40.
2-4, Daniela & Dominika broken to 0.
3-4, Daniela & Dominika break back to 40.
4-4, Daniela holds to 40, she served 2 DFs that game.
4-5, Pelletier holds to 0, served an ace.
5-5, Dominika holds to 30, served a DF.
5-6, Fichman holds to 30.
5-7, Daniela broken to 40, served a DF in that game.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. August 2012 22:14 

Local Time:
2nd set:

1-0, Pelletier broken to 40, served an ace & a DF.
1-1, Daniela & Dominika broken to 15.
2-1, Daniela & Dominika break Fichman to 30.
2-2, Daniela & Dominika broken to 40, were 40-30 up.
2-3, Pelletier holds to 15, served a 2nd serve ace and a DF.
3-3, Dominika holds to 30, served a DF.
4-3, Fichman broken to 15.
5-3, Daniela holds to 15.
6-3, Daniela & Dominika break Pelletier to 30.

Super Tiebreak:
1-0*
1-1
1-2
1-3*
2-3*
3-3, DF Fichman
4-3
4-4*
5-4*
6-4
6-5
7-5*
7-6*
8-6
8-7
8-8*
9-8*
9-9
9-10
10-10*
11-10*
12-10
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:
It was a battling win, but a win's a win and hopefully Daniela and Dominika can put in a good run in the doubles. A good run and some wins would give Daniela some confidence and get her into the winning habit again.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. August 2012 23:36 

Local Time:
My wife is slowly improving, and she had an important procedure early today, so yesterday I decided to do a Daniela fast, deliberately waiting until mid-afternoon toady to check the result. :( Reading about how close it was and her service woes almost got ME admitted! I did keep tabs on the doubles. I'm assuming that where Chungwit placed asterisks next to points in the 10 pt. tiebreak, those were Dani's serves. While it appears her serve was awful most of the match, I can take encouragement that she conveted a clutch game in the late 2nd set, then created a match point and, even better, saved one on serve. I guess we'll take anything we can get these days. Let's Go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. August 2012 00:49 

Local Time:
By the way, I did find time to look up the 500 win thing (it's like pulling a wisdom tooth, or living through a Daniela 3rd set tiebreaker!). There were 30 players at 500 or more staring the year. Serena, Schiavone and Petrova made it this year, and Pennetta is at 499. That would make it 34. Anne Kremer has 482, and Dani 478. So she has a decent shot to be the 35th to do this. With her present struggles, she may have trouble doing this, as Svetlana, Zvonereva and one other good player that I forgot are in the 450-460 range. For what it's worth, now we know!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next